cltubbs

Nathaniel Lowe - 1b TB

He appears to be having a huge breakout year, but nobody's talking about him it seems. Hitting .346 with 21 HR, 79 RBI, 49 BB, 59K in 91 games between Single A Advanced and AA. Thoughts on his long term outlook? I could see him mostly playing DH with some occasional 1b starts unless Bauers goes to the outfield and McKay becomes a full-time starting pitcher. Looks like Lowe is evolving as a player...I picked him up in my 16 team keeper.

Edited by cltubbs
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, cltubbs said:

He appears to be having a huge breakout year, but nobody's talking about him it seems. Hitting .346 with 21 HR, 79 RBI, 49 BB, 59K in 91 games between Single A Advanced and AA. Thoughts on his long term outlook? I could see him mostly playing DH with some occasional 1b starts unless Bauers goes to the outfield and McKay becomes a full-time starting pitcher. Looks like Lowe is evolving as a player...I picked him up in my 16 team keeper.

Shocked he didn't have a thread already.

dooes he ever get cold?-in 13 inning game tonight Nataniel Lowe got 7 at bats- got on base 6 times-went 2 for 3 with double and 4 walks-seeing on top that his numbers r better then i even thought this year-to have a 190 wrc+ in A+ and 188 wrc+ in double a is really amazing-hes still on waiver in my league-im grabbing tonight

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i use to be on this site multiple times a day since it began but i have not been able to visit since last year because i had a medical issue and couldnt follow or do fantasy bball. my old screen name was prospect hound and i could not remember my info so created a new one. i created it for the sole purpose of wanting to know more bout nathanel low. and i cant believe there isnt much here and he isnt getting hyped here big time. what he is doing this season is incredible. if there is anymore that some of the site experts like garlando, brockpaper and others that i used to value their insight a lot. i may have been gone for a bit but i remmember well who the guys were to listen to about prospects. i need to know more about nat lowe. i bought a new dynasty team because one in a great league amazingly opened up and i was able to get back into it and could not be more excited. thank u gentz

• Like 1

just saw nathaniel lowe was promoted to AAA and is making his debut tonight. amazin to see a rays prospect being promoted aggressively. they seem to be laxing on their extreme conservative approach to prospects 

• Thanks 1

Hard to say but looks like next year super 2 for sure.. either way thread should be hotter...

Edited by hard1
  • Like 1

His plate discipline looking a bit shaky in AAA.  I think this is a good level for him to try and spend some time adjusting after rocketing up the system in 2018.  I think with a strong ST and good start to AAA in 2019, we could see him up in May 2019.

• Like 3

If he was part of a annual draft with 1st year players, where would he rank ?

10 minutes ago, Topgun said:

If he was part of a annual draft with 1st year players, where would he rank ?

Top 15 for sure just based on proximity. 

if you don't know who Nathaniel Lowe is - or what he is capable of - I promise -  P R O M I S E - you will be familiar with his work by years end.

1B prospects are kind of gross, generally speaking. But this guy can absolutely mash. He's already a Major League hitter, just in the wrong league. Alonso has the helium, Lowe has the superior bat and the superior ceiling. He's a hitter with power. great approach. sneaky athleticism. big body. I love love love Nathaniel Lowe. Love him. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

if you don't know who Nathaniel Lowe is - or what he is capable of - I promise -  P R O M I S E - you will be familiar with his work by years end.

1B prospects are kind of gross, generally speaking. But this guy can absolutely mash. He's already a Major League hitter, just in the wrong league. Alonso has the helium, Lowe has the superior bat and the superior ceiling. He's a hitter with power. great approach. sneaky athleticism. big body. I love love love Nathaniel Lowe. Love him. 

What do you mean wrong league.  In the AL he can play both 1B and DH so more ABs.  And if he sticks with the Rays you have all those delicious AL East ball parks to mash in.

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

What do you mean wrong league.  In the AL he can play both 1B and DH so more ABs.  And if he sticks with the Rays you have all those delicious AL East ball parks to mash in.

Think he means the major league vs minor league.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I know it's just ST, but the big man is struggling big time...3-for-33 with 14 Ks and 1 BB. Two of those hits were HRs, though. Considering the disparity between his A-AA production and AAA production last year (walk rate cut in half, K rate jumped, power dipped, OPS dropped big time), maybe he needs to spend a good bit of time in Durham this year. 

He was reassigned to a minors camp last week.  Pretty cool to see him get more ST ABs with the big club.

On 2/24/2019 at 10:43 AM, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

bleh. after watching both since this comment, my foot is in my mouth. Alonso is an animal.