shaolincage

Brandon Ingram 2018-19 Outlook

Recommended Posts

The arrival of Bron will certainly eat up some looks for him but he increased his efficiency with having the ball in his hands less and seemed to do well. Do we project an even bigger outlook this season?

 

A strategy to consider is to pick up BI as your potential starting SF. The drop off in SF's after Middleton is too steep and BI is more well rounded. This allows you to focus more on getting an elite PG/C in the early rounds and a good PF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest I have no idea how the stats and minutes will shake out in LA with Lebron.  I do like Ingram and think he could possibly get close to 18/5/4/1/1/1, which should probably be around his ceiling for this year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shaolincage said:

The arrival of Bron will certainly eat up some looks for him but he increased his efficiency with having the ball in his hands less and seemed to do well. Do we project an even bigger outlook this season?

 

A strategy to consider is to pick up BI as your potential starting SF. The drop off in SF's after Middleton is too steep and BI is more well rounded. This allows you to focus more on getting an elite PG/C in the early rounds and a good PF.

We'll see where he goes. He was one of the better players in the entire NBA at getting himself into the paint last year, and the 3s were great. If he wants to make the jump, he needs more muscle, but I don't think we see that this year. His other issues were free throw shooting and turnovers. I don't think the former improves. He might become more careful with the ball, but I don't think it matters. There's simply no way he's used as a playmaker anywhere near as much this season. I think he'll play off-ball a lot more whenever he shares the ball with LeBron, and I think it'll actually be great for his fantasy numbers. His shooting efficiency should see a big jump, as it will for most of LA, though for Ingram that may mean a big jump in 3s or in FG%. His assists and turnovers will go down, which in his case is a good thing, as he and Lonzo (a great passer, unlike Ingram) were two of the most careless ballhandlers in the entire NBA last year. It all comes down to where he's drafted. I have no idea where that will be. 

 

I would expect his numbers to be about 2-19-5-3-1-1,  <2 turnovers and roughly the same percentages. We'll see what his ADP is. I thought he was a huge reach the past 2 years, but this year he could be worthwhile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lebron will elevate his game. He needs to work on free throw shooting though. Many teams will be sleeping on him after disappointing last season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see him improving more on 3 point shooting because bron has become a one dimensional player in offense he only know drive and kickout play since joining the cavs for the 2nd time he spams this play all game long and totally forgot his good all around play in miami. The problem with this slender ingram is the free throw shooting is so disgusting how can you be a small forward 2nd overall pick prospect from duke and vehemently airball FT's? like does this guy even practice FT in the gym I almost wear a paperbag to cover my head because i was so embarrassed this is so inexcusable he is not a center!!! i wanted to puke my large intestine out when this patheticness happened: 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chopper said:

I can see him improving more on 3 point shooting because bron has become a one dimensional player in offense he only know drive and kickout play since joining the cavs for the 2nd time he spams this play all game long and totally forgot his good all around play in miami. The problem with this slender ingram is the free throw shooting is so disgusting how can you be a small forward 2nd overall pick prospect from duke and vehemently airball FT's? like does this guy even practice FT in the gym I almost wear a paperbag to cover my head because i was so embarrassed this is so inexcusable he is not a center!!! i wanted to puke my large intestine out when this patheticness happened: 

 

Why do you write in all bold? Sort of makes me not take you seriously.

You are right about the free throws though, will be avoiding in 9-cat leagues unless I see some drastic improvement.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, qpeeters said:

 

Why do you write in all bold? Sort of makes me not take you seriously.

You are right about the free throws though, will be avoiding in 9-cat leagues unless I see some drastic improvement.

Im actually really worried about the FT shooting of this lakers team. Look at their numbers and theres absoultely no one who shoots above 80% in free throw area. The fact that we dont even have a center and we are the worst free throw shooting team in the league speaks alot how dumpster fire our roster is. Even our supposed to be good shooters like Kuzma and Hart are just average and 70% in FT, that is way below the good shooting percenatage of 80% Lonzo and Rondo are both hopeless and the GOAT KING james is below average free throw shooter too. Remember recent finals losses of spurs and cavs are both because of garbage free throw shooting where George Hill missed a free throw in game 1 that lead to JR Smith all time retarded play then Quitter Kawhi missing FT in 2013 finals against heat. Not being able to make free throws is just bad bad bad I really hate this roster that magic johnson built for lebron. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chopper said:

Im actually really worried about the FT shooting of this lakers team. Look at their numbers and theres absoultely no one who shoots above 80% in free throw area. The fact that we dont even have a center and we are the worst free throw shooting team in the league speaks alot how dumpster fire our roster is. Even our supposed to be good shooters like Kuzma and Hart are just average and 70% in FT, that is way below the good shooting percenatage of 80% Lonzo and Rondo are both hopeless and the GOAT KING james is below average free throw shooter too. Remember recent finals losses of spurs and cavs are both because of garbage free throw shooting where George Hill missed a free throw in game 1 that lead to JR Smith all time retarded play then Quitter Kawhi missing FT in 2013 finals against heat. Not being able to make free throws is just bad bad bad I really hate this roster that magic johnson built for lebron. 

Are you Jason Hart?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, StifleTower2 said:

Are you Jason Hart?

 

Just another KD burner account trying to fly under the radar 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2018 at 1:26 AM, chopper said:

Im actually really worried about the FT shooting of this lakers team. Look at their numbers and theres absoultely no one who shoots above 80% in free throw area. The fact that we dont even have a center and we are the worst free throw shooting team in the league speaks alot how dumpster fire our roster is. Even our supposed to be good shooters like Kuzma and Hart are just average and 70% in FT, that is way below the good shooting percenatage of 80% Lonzo and Rondo are both hopeless and the GOAT KING james is below average free throw shooter too. Remember recent finals losses of spurs and cavs are both because of garbage free throw shooting where George Hill missed a free throw in game 1 that lead to JR Smith all time retarded play then Quitter Kawhi missing FT in 2013 finals against heat. Not being able to make free throws is just bad bad bad I really hate this roster that magic johnson built for lebron. 

You're a Sixers fan masquerading as a Laker fan in order to trash Laker players on a fantasy forum. You were already exposed on this when you joined the forum a year and a half ago. Remember?

 

rZt9xRg.png

 

aAv4Plf.png

 

So who is the "we" you are referring to in your post? Sorry, "we". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JaydensGuys said:

 

Just another KD burner account trying to fly under the radar 

 

That would be hilarious if there were NBA players in this forum with burner accounts talking themselves up lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

 

That would be hilarious if there were NBA players in this forum with burner accounts talking themselves up lol

What makes you think there aren’t?  :ph34r:

Edited by StifleTower2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kaboom said:

You're a Sixers fan masquerading as a Laker fan in order to trash Laker players on a fantasy forum. You were already exposed on this when you joined the forum a year and a half ago. Remember?

 

rZt9xRg.png

 

aAv4Plf.png

 

So who is the "we" you are referring to in your post? Sorry, "we". 

Lol wtf why are you wasting time just to reveal that I was a sixer bandwagoner? And when did I trash a laker player lol what I was saying were facts. Ingram couldnt shoot a free throw to save his life, the air ball video I posted says it all. Grow up.

 

And FYI I was a lakers fan since 1999 because of Kobe and Shaq. I remained lakers fan in the purple and gloom ages of 2014-2018 I was just low key because we were irrelevant so I found interest in sixers and slightly bandwagonned but I never became a fan of that team seriously lol this is an ingram thread stick to the topic dawg

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Slender Ingram believers out there, can you name one non-big man/center NBA player which air balled a free throw in a regular season or playoff game in NBA? because I really couldn't remember any guard or small forward who took a free throw shot as bad as ingram did on his consecutive air balls. If anyone can post a video of a guard or small forward airballing a free throw in an nba game then Im running out naked in our neighborhood like this one:

 

 V8qoKBw.gif

 

 

Edited by chopper
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, chopper said:

For Slender Ingram believers out there, can you name one non-big man/center NBA player which air balled a free throw in a regular season or playoff game in NBA? because I really couldn't remember any guard or small forward who took a free throw shot as bad as ingram did on his consecutive air balls. If anyone can post a video of a guard or small forward airballing a free throw in an nba game then Im running out naked in our neighborhood like this one:

 

 V8qoKBw.gif

 

 

 

Pretty sure I am getting troll here...but f it...I'll bite.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Air balling a free throw has little to do with how bad a shooter is and mostly to do with whether the ball slipped.  You could shoot 90% from the line and still have the ball slip one time, that’s part of variance.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Air balling a free throw has little to do with how bad a shooter is and mostly to do with whether the ball slipped.  You could shoot 90% from the line and still have the ball slip one time, that’s part of variance.  

I wouldn't call it part of variance and "little bad shooter" when the fact is he shot a whopping 62% and 68% from FT line in his first two seasons as a SMALL FORWARD. Shooting below 70% in FT as an SF is just beyond horrible. I wouldn't be surprised if Andre Drummond becomes a better free throw shooter than slender ingram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chopper said:

I wouldn't call it part of variance and "little bad shooter" when the fact is he shot a whopping 62% and 68% from FT line in his first two seasons as a SMALL FORWARD. Shooting below 70% in FT as an SF is just beyond horrible. I wouldn't be surprised if Andre Drummond becomes a better free throw shooter than slender ingram.

I said nothing about Ingram.  My point was only to say that air balling a free throw is not necessarily indicative of a poor shooter.  Tony Parker air balled a free throw in that video, for example. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2018 at 9:28 AM, StifleTower2 said:

I said nothing about Ingram.  My point was only to say that air balling a free throw is not necessarily indicative of a poor shooter.  Tony Parker air balled a free throw in that video, for example. 

Also I don’t know why I forgot this.  Early

on in his career Kobe airballed back to back free throws against the Jazz in the playoffs. I remember because I was rooting for the Jazz.  s--- happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Also I don’t know why I forgot this.  Early

on in his career Kobe airballed back to back free throws against the Jazz in the playoffs. I remember because I was rooting for the Jazz.  s--- happens. 

 

Haha I remember that.  He was either rookie or second year player i think.  Probably his lowest moment on the court 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2018 at 2:49 AM, hipriest69 said:

 

Haha I remember that.  He was either rookie or second year player i think.  Probably his lowest moment on the court 

I'd argue lowest point was when he refused to shoot in a playoff game to prove a point.  Anyway, BI is a mystery and clearly a guy who will grow slowly.   Having Lebron there will improve his game and maybe even his FT's (Lebron after all did improve them with Ray Allen and Korver's help, maybe he can pass that on).  His 3pt improvement was a surprise though.  Dude has a ton of potential and will prove some guys wrong.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all know Ingram can't shoot ft. There is no debate there but that doesn't mean he'll be bad forever. He kid improved 6% from 62% to 68% last year. If he makes the same jump this year which I fully expect him to, he will be at a respectable 74%. Give him a few years and he'll be around 80%. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well he is pretty beast on assisted 3pt %. He made less than 1.0 3pt per game but you have to think this is going to go up when he plays with both Lebron and Ball. This will offset other stats.

 

Oh yea you don't really get fouled taking a 3 so there's a plus there.

 

3pt.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rob0403 said:

Well he is pretty beast on assisted 3pt %. He made less than 1.0 3pt per game but you have to think this is going to go up when he plays with both Lebron and Ball. This will offset other stats.

 

Oh yea you don't really get fouled taking a 3 so there's a plus there.

 

3pt.JPG

 

Impressive numbers indeed, just curious if the 45%+ from the corners is sustainable. I'm wondering because: 1. The sample size is 30 3PA and 2. His FT shooting and above the break 3's  (larger sample size) make it a little suspect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...