shaolincage

Brandon Ingram 2018-19 Outlook

15 hours ago, chaiway said:

Impressive numbers indeed, just curious if the 45%+ from the corners is sustainable. I'm wondering because: 1. The sample size is 30 3PA and 2. His FT shooting and above the break 3's  (larger sample size) make it a little suspect. 

We will see next season. It is a small sample size but the things is corner 3's are a bit closer than top of the key so they should be higher in general.

My guess is that he will be much more open this year so I will say it has a good chance to be sustainable.

looked pretty good, hoping his ft% improves. would you guys take him over tobias harris 9 cat h2h in a draft?

4 hours ago, brosephd said:

looked pretty good, hoping his ft% improves. would you guys take him over tobias harris 9 cat h2h in a draft?

NO... I mean how could you ? 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, brosephd said:

Considering Tobias should be drafted in the 30-50 range in 9 cat, no way. I wouldn't  touch Ingram before pick 75-80 

• Like 1

Where would you guys slot him in drafts now? 70-80 range? Higher?

4 hours ago, seeL said:

Where would you guys slot him in drafts now? 70-80 range? 

I think it would take a 6th round pick in 12 teamer to safely get him

1 hour ago, richg24 said:

I think it would take a 6th round pick in 12 teamer to safely get him

He was picked 69th in our 14-team league.

I took Ingram at 66th in a 10 team h2h. I think 3rd-4th year players usually the ones who take big jumps. They have a good understanding of how the NBA works at this point and are able to focus more in the off season on what they need to improve most. I think Ingram is primed for a nice increase. Theres no real second scorer in LAL and i think Ingram will take that spot. Bron will make his life easy and while his assists will go down, his effciency will increase. Once i saw the FT% increasing, he really doesnt have such terrible downside there. Plus the Lakers are going to push the pace and thats just more touches for him.

• Like 1

just spent $13 on him in my auction league and i woulda went much higher. he's absolutely going to be a straight beast this year.

7 minutes ago, scienze said:

just spent $13 on him in my auction league and i woulda went much higher. he's absolutely going to be a straight beast this year.

I spent $8 on him in my 12 team roto league. But I had also drafted Ben Simmons and Gobert, so I was putting myself behind in 3s, ft%, and turnovers.

traded Ingram and Simmons for kemba and Ayton. Hope that doesn’t come back to haunt me. 

Just now, DoctorLove said:

I spent $8 on him in my 12 team roto league. But I had also drafted Ben Simmons and Gobert, so I was putting myself behind in 3s, ft%, and turnovers.

traded Ingram and Simmons for kemba and Ayton. Hope that doesn’t come back to haunt me. 

i woulda stuck with ingram and simmons, but ayton is guna beast and kemba is always a good secondary pg, so you didn't do bad.

Just now, scienze said:

i woulda stuck with ingram and simmons, but ayton is guna beast and kemba is always a good secondary pg, so you didn't do bad.

Kemba will be my PG #1, with Dipo and Middleton getting assists here and there. Unfortunately I had a terrible draft (first auction) so I have a lot of holes to fill.

Weirdly, no one in my league seemed to put a lot of value in Ingram.

3 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Kemba will be my PG #1, with Dipo and Middleton getting assists here and there. Unfortunately I had a terrible draft (first auction) so I have a lot of holes to fill.

Weirdly, no one in my league seemed to put a lot of value in Ingram.

kemba could be a borderline number 1 pg...looks like dipo and kemba are 1a and 1b for you tho, so it could definitely be worse.

5 minutes ago, Asapjoshy said:

How in the world does this guy get a yahoo INJ tag for being suspended..... 

The inj tag is assigned by default when a player is going to miss 3+ games

• Like 2

Just now, battaginlemon said:

The inj tag is assigned by default when a player is going to miss 3+ games

100% unfair if a person is suspended ... hopefully that’s fixed , of course people here will be happy but if you’re suspended you shouldn’t get an INJ tag 

This dude went in 60-70 n i don't think he gets there this year..

He's shooting OK n I do think he'll get defensive stats this year but those threes aint coming..another year of top 100