shaolincage

Brandon Ingram 2018-19 Outlook

20 minutes ago, Cozie said:

These are the type of stat lines I would like to see Ingram put up more consistently. Nice game tonight. 

this line would be his floor if lebron wasn’t on the squad 

Really underwhelming so far.

He has declined in every stats compared to last season. 

1 minute ago, Gdupm6 said:

What is going on? This is disappointing 

He hasn't looked good the last couple games, and he turned his ankle last game. He'll be up and down anyway, there are a lot of mouths to feed and there will always be 1-2 guys that are out of rhythm on a given night.

Just my observation ...

• but he goes full speed into a group of people to attempt a layup and he ends up either missing and not getting fouled.
  • gets bailed out, goes to the free throw line and misses free throws.

he's definitely not playing as far as expectations goes.. and that sucks.  I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with him :/  

I would be okay with his bad scoring and %’s on given nights if he supplemented them with assists, rebs and stocks. You can’t be inefficient across the board tho. C’mon!!!

On 11/11/2018 at 9:11 PM, Gdupm6 said:

What is going on? This is disappointing 

bron ball has stunted his game .. talk radio out in LA is suggesting that he comes off the bench so that lebron can’t hinder his game as much. his numbers without lebron on the court are excellent. 

He has never been efficient in his career, not sure how people was expecting anything more...I avoided this guy like the plague because he's pretty much another Wiggins (speaking of which Wiggins is doing really well but I am still skeptical).

11 hours ago, blob2004 said:

He has never been efficient in his career, not sure how people was expecting anything more...I avoided this guy like the plague because he's pretty much another Wiggins (speaking of which Wiggins is doing really well but I am still skeptical).

he was 47% from the field and 40% from three last year, which is pretty efficient

• Like 1

Things were looking good when he was at 6/12 for 50% FG. Then he took three more shots late in the 4th qtr. only to end up 6/15 at 40% ? 

Thanks Brandon ??

1 hour ago, Cozie said:

Things were looking good when he was at 6/12 for 50% FG. Then he took three more shots late in the 4th qtr. only to end up 6/15 at 40% ? 

Thanks Brandon ??

lebron was forcing him the ball in tough spots to get that triple double 

3 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

lebron was forcing him the ball in tough spots to get that triple double 

Right, Josh Hart did not shoot that wide open 2 towards the end. 

I guess Josh is gonna get traded pretty soon. 

incoming break out

• Brandon Ingram will 'absolutely' play some PG 
    Luke Walton said Brandon Ingram will "absolutely" play some point guard minutes with Rajon Rondo (hand) out 3-5 weeks.

Advice: He also mentioned Lance Stephenson and Svi Mykhailiuk as guys "who can play point guard," as well as LeBron James and Lonzo Ball. There's no single 'winner' here, in other words, and no speculative pickups outside of deep leagues.  Rotoworld.com Today, 2:13 pm

•  

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2018 at 12:18 AM, Pracis said:

Just my observation ...

• but he goes full speed into a group of people to attempt a layup and he ends up either missing and not getting fouled.
  • gets bailed out, goes to the free throw line and misses free throws.

he's definitely not playing as far as expectations goes.. and that sucks.  I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with him :/  

You and me both. I want to flip him for another SF, but I keep hoping he will be able to turn it around. 

On 11/15/2018 at 10:29 PM, Cozie said:

You and me both. I want to flip him for another SF, but I keep hoping he will be able to turn it around. 

OR

he gets traded and becomes the #1 option.  :drool:

I hope he does turn it around though..definitely.

I traded for this dude / Im thinking he's a buy low with all the volatilitiy surrounding the team

First 2 minutes already committed w turnovers!

I think he's forcing his passes on most occassions

1 minute ago, wisegeeks said:

I traded for this dude / Im thinking he's a buy low with all the volatilitiy surrounding the team

First 2 minutes already committed w turnovers!

I think he's forcing his passes on most occassions

Ingram passes?? That is news, every game I watch he just jacks shots. 

3 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Ingram passes?? That is news, every game I watch he just jacks shots. 

averaged 4 assists last year 

he plays a lot of point guard 

• Thanks 1

He's still getting used to it with the new lineup

The spacing is so much more different than last year's

He cant find the angles when running the pick and roll leading to a lot of indecisiveness.. he'll either throw up a brick or force a shot

What he's successful with so far is either through iso / low post on smaller guards / playing off-ball and running around the screens getting the ball in the high post.

Just swap BI and Reggie Jackson away for JJ Redick. This year is just not the breakout year for BI with "give me da ball and just shoot the wideopen" Lebron in town. Maybe next year, he is only 21. 

he rank outside 200 so far,low 3s,stocks and FT%,I don't get the hype,his game is not fantasy friendly

1 hour ago, kane said:

he rank outside 200 so far,low 3s,stocks and FT%,I don't get the hype,his game is not fantasy friendly

There's a lot of overlap with he and Lebron and Walton is too stupid to split them up for the majority of the game, so it's affecting Ingram's stats negatively. Regardless, he'll be hard to own for a lot of teams until he starts hitting his free throws.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, miasma16 said:

There's a lot of overlap with he and Lebron and Walton is too stupid to split them up for the majority of the game, so it's affecting Ingram's stats negatively. Regardless, he'll be hard to own for a lot of teams until he starts hitting his free throws.

I can certainly attest to that.  I had to drop him cause he was a negative.  I tried to send out feelers as far as finding a suitable trade target, however, at the time he didn't have enough value to even warrant a trade.  I would have to do a 2 for 1.  Team is better without him.  Watching him play made me rage even more :/

• Like 1