Sign in to follow this  
CooL

Matt Breida 2018 Outlook

32 minutes ago, Slayer0854 said:

Might be doing so because I have Michel on Sunday night banged up....

Gonna see what these two Coors tell me to do in about 10 minutes

I'm starting.  Do you have anything harder than Coors?

Awful line based on game flow (seemed as I didn't watch the game).  Mostert injury gives some hope but I don't feel confident in this dude. 

He wasn’t injured and his back up suffered a gruesome injury.

Now he has the mini-bye with no game until Monday.

bad stat line but ROS looks better

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GurleyMan said:

Awful line based on game flow (seemed as I didn't watch the game).  Mostert injury gives some hope but I don't feel confident in this dude. 

Did they just sit him when the game became a blowout?

Would make sense and with extra rest and mostert out we may finally get what we want outta this guy

The game was well out of hand when Breida got pulled.  It was 31-3, or 34-3, but the Raiders hadn't scored since their opening drive field goal.  Given that the Niners just lost Mostert to a broken arm, and McKinnon to a torn ACL earlier in the year, it made perfect sense to give mop up duty to Alf.  

Seeing Morris run tonight I think it's safe to say that Breida's stock is going up.

4 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

@pdog109 you starting breida?

I started Breida.

No choice but to start him next week. 2 straight games where didn't exit with an injury, that's correct right?

Bye week right around the corner. Cupcake matchup vs NYG next week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

I started Breida.

No choice but to start him next week. 2 straight games where didn't exit with an injury, that's correct right?

Bye week right around the corner. Cupcake matchup vs NYG next week.

Same here. Better days ahead. 

• Like 1

For those that didn't watch the game, script was weird in this one. Basically 49ers lit it up through the air mostly first half. Then just ground and pounded it the entire second half to kill clock. Oakland literally couldnt move the ball outside 2 drives, which ended in a field goal and a missed field goal.

Breida would've made people happy tonight if Mostert didn't get every other set of downs. Mostert definitely looked explosive tonight. Breida had an extra 12 yard carry that got called back on a penalty just to nail it it, that was last we saw of him. Morris was in final two drives.

Better days ahead, but I'm afraid I needed him this week... not later in the season. It's been a tough year for RBs.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Breida is one Alfred broken arm away from getting the job, two down, one to go

Yeah but can he hold up with a full workload?

He looked good last night, didnt see any set backs. I dont believe Morris looked any better as he kept getting blown up later on after they pulled Breida. I think Breida will get a lot more touches and with a longer rest till the next game hope to see a repeat of week 2 against the NYG

5 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

Yeah but can he hold up with a full workload?

I'd like to see him get the chance,can't believe it, he has the world of opportunity, he needs to man up

from what I saw they were limiting him due to injury....he ran well but he was crushed at or before the line without a chance on many carries....with 10 days to heal up and one less mouth to feed I think he looks good for a #3 RB/flex

• Like 1

Glad I didn't play him last night but also glad I didn't drop him. 

Now he has a nice stretch of time to rest before playing a nice match-up on a Monday night game. 

41 minutes ago, ADDwithFF said:

Glad I didn't play him last night but also glad I didn't drop him. 

Now he has a nice stretch of time to rest before playing a nice match-up on a Monday night game. 

100% agree with that statement.  Couldn't possibly trust him in the line-up after his dog crap output the last few weeks, but couldn't drop him knowing what the upside is.  Now with Mostert out a while (maybe IR even) and a long time to get right before next game, he is a guy I am happy that is on my bench.  ROS, IF he gets healthy, he can be a nice RB2 rest of the way with just him and Morris available.  

Mostert is out for the season.  Alfred Morris is slow and bad.  If Breida can get anywhere close to 100%, we are going to have some fun.

12 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Hopefully some screen passes are coming, weird he doesn't have more catches recently. 

this is the biggest mystery to me wtf there are no screen passes to a guy you like to run to the edge multiple times. wtf does shanny see that says no screen pases to my small explosive rb in space

Breida got 3 catches in each of Weeks 2 to 4.

Then he gets hurt Week 5.

Has 1 catch total in the games after.

I think ultimately Shanny might be weirdly afraid that getting him out in the open might increase the risk of injury?

I don't know how else to explain it.

So is brieda a must-start going forward or do people need to see the new utilization and production first?