Saucy

Kyle Anderson 2018-2019 Outlook

Anderson signed a four-year, $37 million contract with Memphis this summer and the deal sort of flew under the radar. He's penciled in as the starting SF, and they've said they love him at four positions, "even the point guard". He's always been part of a crowded Spurs rotation, but with 30-34 minutes per night, he could be a steals/blocks MONSTER. He's averaged 2.9 STOCKS per 36 minutes over his whole career, so saying he may finish with 2.5 might not be too far off.

My 2018-2019 Projections (per game):

11 pts, 6.5 reb, 3.5 ast, 1.6 stl, 0.9 blk, 0.5 threes, 48% fg, 74% ft, good TO numbers.

Too ambitious? What would this make him on the player rater? What are your thoughts?

• Like 3

That seems pretty spot on I think. His efficiency might drop due to being on a worse team who doesn't move the ball as well as the Spurs do. 

He's Rotisserie gold. Gonna be on my Roto team for sure if I can get him. 

23 minutes ago, Saucy said:

Anderson signed a four-year, $37 million contract with Memphis this summer and the deal sort of flew under the radar. He's penciled in as the starting SF, and they've said they love him at four positions, "even the point guard". He's always been part of a crowded Spurs rotation, but with 30-34 minutes per night, he could be a steals/blocks MONSTER. He's averaged 2.9 STOCKS per 36 minutes over his whole career, so saying he may finish with 2.5 might not be too far off.

My 2018-2019 Projections (per game):

11 pts, 6.5 reb, 3.5 ast, 1.6 stl, 0.9 blk, 0.5 threes, 48% fg, 74% ft, good TO numbers.

Too ambitious? What would this make him on the player rater? What are your thoughts?

Those numbers are likely close to accurate and would put him 50-60 on the player rater.  

We'll have to see how he looks. Memphis is a completely different situation than SA. But I've always liked Slomo and think he was one of the better perimeter defenders in the league last year (and I don't expect that to change, which should result in heavy minutes for him). He finished Top 60 last year and, with I think at least 4 more minutes per game as a 25-year-old on a significantly worse team, I have a hard time seeing him finish lower than that this year. I would expect some differentiation from the numbers that you have (including some things I'd have higher), but not much. He should be a great draft day value.

As to your question about the player rater, those numbers would slot him in at 37th overall per game, and he'd be even higher if he's relatively healthy like he was last year for total value. A little ambitious, even for my tastes, but each individual stat is still reasonable.

Edited by miasma16
  • Like 1

Btw the median BBM uses is 15ppg/5.5 rpg/3.2 apg/1.5 3pg (used to be a lot lower)/1 spg/.7 bpg.  47% FG/79% FT/1.8 To.  So if you have a projection you can compare it against that and get a good idea of a player’s value.  The percentages are somewhat difficult to calculate because they rely both on percentage and volume but the rest is easy.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I like him quite a bit, if he can keep his FG% around 48-49% I think he easily finishes as a top 50 player with a ceiling for more if those stocks jump to 3.0 with the increased minutes. 

What are people making of this guy after the preseason. Hard to know if he is going to start and his role. Seemed a lock for a bigger role after his payout, but preseason hasnt filled me with confidence. What are others thinking? 

11 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

What are people making of this guy after the preseason. Hard to know if he is going to start and his role. Seemed a lock for a bigger role after his payout, but preseason hasnt filled me with confidence. What are others thinking? 

JB Bickerstaff scared me off. 

I was all set to draft him in Roto, but screw the upcoming headache. Not dealing with it. 

I drafted him because BBM was so high on him (has him as a top 60 guy  in my 8 cat roto settings), but this preseason has me concerned as well. Josh Lloyd had a Memphis beat writer on his podcast that claimed Anderson was seen as a major building block who is guaranteed a huge role and minutes so I'm still cautiously optimistic. I remember Ingles looked similarly terrible in preseason last year so that gives me some hope that maybe his poor performance so far is just meaningless.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, PuzzBeterson2 said:

Had to come back from injury so they didnt throw him into the fire. Also Parsons is now healthy, might as well showcase him a bit in case someone wants to get an expirer next summer.

I stopped reading  (and laughing) to Parsons healthy :lol:

Seriously, there's no competition for KA, he'll have for sure a lot of minutes 

His poor play in preseason is due to injury but even if he keeps playing bad competition for PT against guys like Dillon or Marshon Brooks, Jamychal Green and Parsons just makes me smile 

He'll win by default in worst case scenario

9 minutes ago, PuzzBeterson2 said:

Might as well, since you totally missed what I wrote. 

I don't think any team would have interest in parsons (injury prone and huge contract)

OT,I love read your personal fantasy blog,lol:P

Edited by kane

Word is out that they play Parsons over him. I'm pretty fugged if that is happening. But I think it is wait and see.

come off the bench and parson start at SF,what a joke

bad news: he hardly played and didn't do much

good news: they got absolutely smashed and parsons was decidedly average as the starter. this should be encouraging for Anderson to get some more in the next game (or near future). I still believe in the upside enough to tout him a strong hold and buy low candidate.

They’re milking whatever Parsons got left since he’s guaranteed the next 2 years. I think there might be a chance SloMo stays in the 2nd unit as long as Parsons is healthy since he can be the primary ball handler without Conley.