Saucy

Kyle Anderson 2018-2019 Outlook

I owned this guy last year in a dynasty league and had to drop him during playoffs . The guy that picked him up just dropped him so Im happy I got him back.

Hes a good glue guy who is capable of filling it up in all categories . I think he had bad luck to start this year with a heel injury. I also think he turns it around and starts putting up stats soon.

I am thinking about dropping him for Dedmon or Zach Collins, as my only other center is Bamba. His defensive stats today were great and he should have a decent value, but I already have Porter, Richardson, Osman and Covington as my wingers. For me he is like Lord-lite without shooting threes almost at all. If you punt threes, this guy should be fantastic for you.

Once this cat starts getting the minutes he deserves he will produce. But until Memphis bench the corpse that is Chandler Parsons then I think Slow Mo owners need to be really patient, because he is going to be frustrating to own.

4 hours ago, Zaschrona said:

I am thinking about dropping him for Dedmon or Zach Collins, as my only other center is Bamba. His defensive stats today were great and he should have a decent value, but I already have Porter, Richardson, Osman and Covington as my wingers. For me he is like Lord-lite without shooting threes almost at all. If you punt threes, this guy should be fantastic for you.

do itttt

Do you think this guy's minutes will increase? In my punt 3's build I got a trade for him for Fournier (only reason I drafted is b/c I got him late). Thoughts? 

His fantasy skill set is super unique. Why drop him now?  He just gave owners 5 stocks w/ 4 asts in just 19 minutes. And he's playing behind Chandler Person's ghost. 

He's going to reward patience.

I just got him for Dennis Schroder (how depressed his value is after 2 games). I'll take the 4 steals and 1 block any day.

Edited by TonyRomo

1 hour ago, TonyRomo said:

I just got him for Dennis Schroder (how depressed his value is after 2 games). I'll take the 4 steals and 1 block any day.

I dropped him in a 12 team league where I was already strong in stocks, but held tight in a 20-teamer. Really, value is all relative depending on your team build.

• Like 1

Jmike out for 4+ weeks so another ~25 minutes and plenty of boards to go around. Must be the heel issue that is holding him back because there could not be a clearer path to value right now.

On 10/21/2018 at 2:54 AM, freddo said:

Jmike out for 4+ weeks so another ~25 minutes and plenty of boards to go around. Must be the heel issue that is holding him back because there could not be a clearer path to value right now.

Not getting over 20 though so far is concerning. You think its more of the heel issue than anything else?

14 minutes ago, Dent416 said:

Not getting over 20 though so far is concerning. You think its more of the heel issue than anything else?

I think it's J.B. Dickerstaff [sic]  being an idiot over anything else. Reg flags everywhere with this guy - starting Parsons, giving guys like Shelvin Mack and Garrett Temple 30+ mins a night over Anderson and Dillon Brooks, routinely running 11-12 man rotations. I like Anderson's upside but I actually dropped him because I don't want to deal with the coach's BS all year. 

Edited by Purple Hippo

2 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

I think it's J.B. Dickerstaff [sic]  being an idiot over anything else. Reg flags everywhere with this guy - starting Parsons, giving guys like Shelvin Mack and Garrett Temple 30+ mins a night over Anderson and Dillon Brooks, routinely running 11-12 man rotations. I like Anderson's upside but I actually dropped him because I don't want to deal with the coach's BS all year. 

I agree with his rotations, but honestly I have zero issue with Parsons starting. He can't play many minutes, and I get the theory to put Slo Mo in the second unit to be more of the facilitator. Parsons can only play 18-24 minutes so it doesn't matter if he gets those as a starter or off the bench. Eventually, he will get hurt and those minutes will go back to JB to screw up. I think Anderson is going to be fine in the long run. Let him get acclimated to the roster. He will carve out a role. I don't own him, but if he were dropped in my leagues I would spend a good chunk of FAAB to acquire him. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

I agree with his rotations, but honestly I have zero issue with Parsons starting. He can't play many minutes, and I get the theory to put Slo Mo in the second unit to be more of the facilitator. Parsons can only play 18-24 minutes so it doesn't matter if he gets those as a starter or off the bench. Eventually, he will get hurt and those minutes will go back to JB to screw up. I think Anderson is going to be fine in the long run. Let him get acclimated to the roster. He will carve out a role. I don't own him, but if he were dropped in my leagues I would spend a good chunk of FAAB to acquire him. 

Agree 100%... The upside is there and eventually the minutes will be too

10 minutes ago, JBizFree said:

Agree 100%... The upside is there and eventually the minutes will be too

So you'd be leaning towards a strong hold still I assume? At what point would you drop for a hot free agent? 

1 minute ago, Dent416 said:

So you'd be leaning towards a strong hold still I assume? At what point would you drop for a hot free agent? 

I think hold is the right move right now. There is still plenty of season left and I personally believe he will get it turned around. The minutes will come, stay strong my friend...

• Thanks 1

Just now, summersoff7 said:

total ghost on offense, his teammates dont even see him.  Just walking around aimlessly

key word: walking.