Saucy

Jabari Parker 2018-2019 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, stevenzhang said:

For some reason the forum bold-ed random four words in your post... sorry, I meant three.

He might get benched and get ZERO

Ugh, finally. in an 18 team league so I've been onto this mofo for like a month, when he first got back into the rotation.

Who knows how it will work out, but the Wizards just shipped out a legitimate asset for him and Portis. They wouldn't have done that unless they intended to play either of them. Portis isn't good so I'm guessing they'll give Parker some run.

23 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Ugh, finally. in an 18 team league so I've been onto this mofo for like a month, when he first got back into the rotation.

Who knows how it will work out, but the Wizards just shipped out a legitimate asset for him and Portis. They wouldn't have done that unless they intended to play either of them. Portis isn't good so I'm guessing they'll give Parker some run.

portis is far better than porker lol

and washington did the trade to unload porters huge contract over everything 

Whether he gets value from this trade is contingent on the moves the Wizards make. Any of Green, Ariza, Morris could be traded. 

Right now the Wiz have Parker/Green/Morris/Portis fighting over the PF slot - assuming Ariza starts at the 3.

I wouldn’t drop anyone of value for him in shallow leagues considering the fact there still isn’t a clear path to minutes and there’s so many unknowns. 

I would say that if any one of Green or Ariza gets traded, he should be looking at a good 20 minute bench role to provide scoring off the bench. Bench guy in a 12 man, perhaps.

• Thanks 1

The reason why the wizards are needing Parker is because Beal lifts all of the scoring while ariza is the primary defender. With Parker , they offset ariza n Parker while green Portis Bryant plays PF/C. Parker is gonna eat up all of Otto’s minutes and some SG in McRae, he will give Beal a burn and possibly play alongside as it’s another scorer on the team. Parker compared to Ariza / Green/ Portis , is healthy and fresh. He will help them tremendously as wizards need another scorer. Right now the wiz down 20 w only Beal scoring. Ariza green Bryant and satoransky cannot maintain 20+ points a game the rest of season. 

2 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Whether he gets value from this trade is contingent on the moves the Wizards make. Any of Green, Ariza, Morris could be traded. 

Right now the Wiz have Parker/Green/Morris/Portis fighting over the PF slot - assuming Ariza starts at the 3.

I wouldn’t drop anyone of value for him in shallow leagues considering the fact there still isn’t a clear path to minutes and there’s so many unknowns. 

I would say that if any one of Green or Ariza gets traded, he should be looking at a good 20 minute bench role to provide scoring off the bench. Bench guy in a 12 man, perhaps.

Morris and Portis can play the 5 too and Morris is hurt.  Green can back up the 3 or 4. 

11 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Other people already touched on this but Portis is more of a center than PF, and the reason Portis played more than Parker in Chicago is bc Parker was a failure at the 3, Bulls are tanking, and they did not want to play Markkanen at the 5.

Wizards need another scorer, whether it's on the first or second unit. Given that that Portis sucks on offense and isn't even a good defender, I'm hoping he'll be at the end of the rotation.

I'm in a points league, so all of my support for Jabari still stands.  He dominated in limited minutes on the Bulls, and I find it difficult seeing him not receive at least 25 mins a game (especially if more trades happen); so in this regard, I definitely say he's worth the risk when factoring in the playoff schedule (I dropped Batum for him earlier).

I feel the same about Portis too.  Very productive in limited minutes (again, speaking from a points league perspective here).  So if he can get 20-25 minutes a game, I consider him borderline must roster when, again, factoring in the 4-4-4 playoff schedule. 

But I could be off on this - I ain't no bball nor fantasy expert for that matter.

Markieff getting traded to pelicans.. Forward spots are clearing up 

9 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

Markieff getting traded to pelicans.. Forward spots are clearing up 

but wes johnson coming for him ^_^

3 hours ago, MWon said:

He's incredibly talented offensively, but he's at times incredibly lazy at defense, which should be obvious to people who know basketball.  I also think that even when he makes an effort at defense, he's not smart about how he closes out or helps.

A good friend of mine refers to this as "Jabari Parker Syndrome"     ;p

Eh, just wait until tomorrow.  The Wiz moved Markieff, as well as Porter.

It seems like they're having a fire sale to tank, and I'd bet Ariza/Green are moved too.

If they stay put, I'd say Portis and Parker have a tough time retaining value even with the nice PO schedule.  But if the other two get moved, Portis slots into heavy C minutes off the bench and Parker can get good run at PF, making both quite valuable.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

So an add or no??

I think you'll receive mixed answers, because it's purely speculation at this point.  Some people are convinced Jabari's minutes will be low, as he's not a good defender, is streaky, etc., while others celebrate the move since he seems fantasy friendly (especially in points) and has a great playoff schedule.  I side with the latter.  It's a gamble, and that's what fantasy is about - wheelin' and dealin'.  A guy like Jabari with a fresh start on a 4-4-4 playoff team doesn't come free very often.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Max Rockatansky said:

Lol, he dominated what ?

By the looks of him he dominated those Chicago deep dish pizzas while in the windy city.  Looking thick.

So Wizards at this moment are going to run with a bench mob of McRae, Crazy Eyes Bob and Jabari off the bench.  If that isn't an all offense, no defense tankathon then I don't know what is.

Erg.  Looks like the Wiz are keeping Green and Ariza, and the trades were just to clear some salary.  Smokescreening fantasy owners, lol.

Still don't get why the Wiz are so intent with resigning Ariza though...wouldn't it make sense for them to get a young player or a pick from the Lakers, especially if the latter doesn't seem able to sign AD this season?

Ariza's at the twilight of his career, and while it's obvious he can still play, he really doesn't fit the timeline of this team, especially when you've got guys on the bench who can play.

Back to Jabari:  Obviously, it doesn't look good.  We've got about 3 hours left, but if Jabari can't carve out at least 20 minutes at PF somehow behind Green/Ariza and even Dekker, he's not exactly a valuable piece, esp because Brooks loves him some wacky rotations.  I'm hoping at least one of those guys plays more SF, but the problem is that they're happy with running Ariza into the ground with minutes at either forward position.

3 hours ago, Markillies said:

is he going to active today?

Parker will be available for Friday's game against the Cavaliers.

Thinkn bout nabbin him and droppin Jahlil

Or nabbin Brunson 

But Jabari can fill it up

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Brooks said both parker and Portis will play at least 20 mins (it's on Twitter)