Saucy

Jabari Parker 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

I don't know... Jabari finally found his groove in chicago.  Dont sleep on em... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Forge said:

Don’t sleep on Jabari just yet. Even in the beginning of the season when he was playing poorly, he still started over Portis and Lauri. And even with Portis and Lauri back, I honestly think Portis minutes will be affected more than Jabari’s. He would still end up getting 25mpg which should be enough for him to produce some decent lines. 

 

If he can continue the way hes he’s been recently, he will for sure be a 12 team guy.

 

Id say he’ll end up being a 14/5/1 guy the very least. 

 

If anythjng try to buy low on him while others are tryna sell 👀

Portis was the starting PF at the beginning of the season with Parker coming off the bench, and Lauri was already injured. Don't just make stuff up man.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, qpeeters said:

Portis was the starting PF at the beginning of the season with Parker coming off the bench, and Lauri was already injured. Don't just make stuff up man.

haha yea i was so confused when i read Forge's quote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've tried for 2 weeks to sell Parker and finally succeeded. I'd advise you guys to package him away before Lauri comes back.

 

The best case scenario for Parker is that there is a timeshare/competition for playing time lasting a month or two, with Parker coming out on top. However, it looked like the Coach wanted to keep the starting spot warm for Lauri by playing Portis there since season started.

 

WCS/Parker/Dragic for Drummond/Payton in a Dynasty 9 Cat H2H 2 IL spots.

 

I had RWB so Drummond fits in my build of punt FT

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rob0403 said:

I've tried for 2 weeks to sell Parker and finally succeeded. I'd advise you guys to package him away before Lauri comes back.

 

The best case scenario for Parker is that there is a timeshare/competition for playing time lasting a month or two, with Parker coming out on top. However, it looked like the Coach wanted to keep the starting spot warm for Lauri by playing Portis there since season started.

 

 

 

Jabari could possibly switch over to a small forward role too which was what was intended when he first entered the bulls this season. He's going to get the minutes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Forge said:

 

Jabari could possibly switch over to a small forward role too which was what was intended when he first entered the bulls this season. He's going to get the minutes. 

They refused to play him at SF, so don't get your hopes up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Forge said:

 

Jabari could possibly switch over to a small forward role too which was what was intended when he first entered the bulls this season. He's going to get the minutes. 

 

Maybe he gets a few SF minutes but he will lose more PF minutes than he will gain SF minutes. Justin Holiday is going to continue to start there. He is a better defender and a better 3 pt shooter than Jabari (still might not be a bad thing to sell high on him either). Lets also consider that aside from Markkanen coming back to take 30 minutes per game the bulls also have portis on his way back and Kris Dunn. Portis likely takes some C minutes but also a few PF minutes as well and Kris Dunn is at PG but that means LaVine doesn't play any PG minutes and takes more SG minutes. The shift in minutes are going to hurt Jabari no matter how you swing it. Dunn, LaVine, Markkanen and WCJ are the only ones safe with their minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

They refused to play him at SF, so don't get your hopes up. 

Jabari is playing much better today than he was to start the season. I am not saying he is good now or should play the 3, but the Bulls are pretty terrible and they will most likely make poor decisions. Jabari has given them just enough false hope to screw up the minutes in the near term. 

 

27 minutes ago, corey_rideout said:

 

Maybe he gets a few SF minutes but he will lose more PF minutes than he will gain SF minutes. Justin Holiday is going to continue to start there. He is a better defender and a better 3 pt shooter than Jabari (still might not be a bad thing to sell high on him either). Lets also consider that aside from Markkanen coming back to take 30 minutes per game the bulls also have portis on his way back and Kris Dunn. Portis likely takes some C minutes but also a few PF minutes as well and Kris Dunn is at PG but that means LaVine doesn't play any PG minutes and takes more SG minutes. The shift in minutes are going to hurt Jabari no matter how you swing it. Dunn, LaVine, Markkanen and WCJ are the only ones safe with their minutes. 

Logical approach, but I would guess the Bulls are still closer to the rebuild/tank mode than they are in the compete seriously mode. I look at the Bulls roster assuming full health and it is starting to look like the Kings of the Eastern Conference. There are 3 players that are locked in to the future: LaVine, Lauri, WCJ. They need a 1 and 3. They found Archie and he looks like a decent pack up 1 (kind of like a TJ McConnell type that can spot start, play backup 1, or last guy on bench depending on strength of roster). Dunn is going to get the minutes at the 1. Then they are going to have to find minutes for Portis, Jabari, Holiday...and you know they will screw it up and give some minutes to RoLo and Feliciano. It seems like a lot of square pegs being forced into round holes if they are going to take the Portis, Jabari, Holiday trio and use them to get 48 minutes at the 3, 12-16 minutes at the 4, and 12-16 minutes at the 5. Something is getting compromised and I don't trust the Bulls to protect their core and not screw it up. Holiday will still get his minutes at the 3, but I just see them continuing to give Jabari heavy minutes in some combination of the 3 or 4. And I don't really blame them if the intention is to see if there is anything there and lose games in the process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't look to me like he's playing any better than he was a month ago when I dropped him. He's averaging more turnovers than assists. He's going to be third on the pecking order for PF minutes once the Bulls are healthy. I drafted him assuming he would get minutes at small forward, and that has yet to happen. I don't think the return of Lauri and Portis is going to magically change that, Hoiberg seems to have correctly identified that Parker is less of a nightmare defending the 4 than the 3 and has refused to play him there. Just from looking at NBA.com lineup data, it looks like the Top 6 lineups featuring Parker (which bottom out at 22 total minutes) all have him at the 4. I find it hard to believe he's spent a minute as the nominal SF to date this year. What should happen and what will are 2 very different things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is  Portis still going to overtake Parker in the rotation upon his return? The 4 spot is going to be such a headache for anyone outside of Lauri

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, thezing1 said:

Jabari is playing much better today than he was to start the season. I am not saying he is good now or should play the 3, but the Bulls are pretty terrible and they will most likely make poor decisions. Jabari has given them just enough false hope to screw up the minutes in the near term. 

 

Logical approach, but I would guess the Bulls are still closer to the rebuild/tank mode than they are in the compete seriously mode. I look at the Bulls roster assuming full health and it is starting to look like the Kings of the Eastern Conference. There are 3 players that are locked in to the future: LaVine, Lauri, WCJ. They need a 1 and 3. They found Archie and he looks like a decent pack up 1 (kind of like a TJ McConnell type that can spot start, play backup 1, or last guy on bench depending on strength of roster). Dunn is going to get the minutes at the 1. Then they are going to have to find minutes for Portis, Jabari, Holiday...and you know they will screw it up and give some minutes to RoLo and Feliciano. It seems like a lot of square pegs being forced into round holes if they are going to take the Portis, Jabari, Holiday trio and use them to get 48 minutes at the 3, 12-16 minutes at the 4, and 12-16 minutes at the 5. Something is getting compromised and I don't trust the Bulls to protect their core and not screw it up. Holiday will still get his minutes at the 3, but I just see them continuing to give Jabari heavy minutes in some combination of the 3 or 4. And I don't really blame them if the intention is to see if there is anything there and lose games in the process. 

 

They def are looking at at least one more year before playoffs. Holiday has a good chance to end the year on another team given his 1 year 5 mil contract. I'd add Dunn to those 3 names - he is a legit piece for them going forward. Jabari will still get minutes but they won't be consistent. I can see games of 17-18 min, I can see games of 26-28 min. I expect him closer to 20-22 mpg then 28-30 mpg and that could be a decent size hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be surprised if this guy doesn't get 30+ mins per night even with the 2 bigs returning.

 

He is part of their future and a local product to boot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

I would be surprised if this guy doesn't get 30+ mins per night even with the 2 bigs returning.

 

He is part of their future and a local product to boot!

Hutchinson and Lopez's minutes will decline I'm assuming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally shaking the rust off. Trying to stay optimistic here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2018 at 1:46 PM, sleepysock said:

I'd wait a couple weeks and let him build up some more value with Portis and Lauri out. No reason to think he won't put up similar numbers (minus the stocks) as he'll be getting 30-33 mpg and be the #2 option on offense after Lavine. He's probably got a few 25-30 point games in him. That'd be the time to move him if you can.

 

Okay boys, it's time. I flipped him this morning for a decent enough return. Lauri's back in a week and I doubt Parker's going to be putting up the same statlines as he gets shoved a rung down the ladder on the offensive end. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

 

Okay boys, it's time. I flipped him this morning for a decent enough return. Lauri's back in a week and I doubt Parker's going to be putting up the same statlines as he gets shoved a rung down the ladder on the offensive end. 

Who did you land in return?

The curious side of me wants to risk keeping him because I truly think he'll still get 30+ mpg and is part of their future.  Let's see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Who did you land in return?

The curious side of me wants to risk keeping him because I truly think he'll still get 30+ mpg and is part of their future.  Let's see.

 

Randle 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's Lauri's first game back but do we think it's a bit premature to sell high on Parker? Seems like he'll still be an important piece?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

I know it's Lauri's first game back but do we think it's a bit premature to sell high on Parker? Seems like he'll still be an important piece?

you should sell him before lauri return,it's too late now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, kane said:

you should sell him before lauri return,it's too late now

You missed the entire point of my post. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jabari train is full steam ahead. How far along to the next station we do not know, but all we can do is stay on for the ride. We cannot jump off, all we can do is accept our fate and hope train continues off into the sunset.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pendles said:

The Jabari train is full steam ahead. How far along to the next station we do not know, but all we can do is stay on for the ride. We cannot jump off, all we can do is accept our fate and hope train continues off into the sunset.

 

I jumped off and transfered onto the Drose line.  The 3 and 4 tracks are about to see a lot of additional traffic. Expect this train to slow down considerably over the next few weeks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.