Saucy

Jabari Parker 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Not sure who would want Jabari. In order to match the contract a team needs to send big contracts the other way and I guess the Bulls don't want non-expiring ones so the market has to be limited. And why anybody would take a chance on Jabari? He is terrible, probably one of the worst players in the league.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

And why anybody would take a chance on Jabari? He is terrible, probably one of the worst players in the league.

One of the worst players in the league? 

Ok, I can name many many many players worse than Jabari Parker.  Yes his defense is not good, but its so hyperbolic to say he is one of the worst.  The league is littered with scrubs.  Scrubs that cannot average a 17 and 7 on 45% shooting, which is what Jabari did in November.  15 and 7 for his career btw, which is also something many scrubs even with an opportunity couldn't average.  Bad defense alone does not make someone terrible.

Why anybody would take a chance on Jabari? 

This is a guy that before the 2nd ACL tear was averaging 20 and 6 on 49% shooting.  Unfortunately he may never reach his full potential.  But again, he still averaged 17 and 7 last month.  He can still be effective.  He is only 23.  It is worth a risk to see.  If teams keep employing MCW (who still cannot shoot) or Greg Monroe (who is worse defensively than Jabari) for example, I think a team should and will employ Jabari.

The Bulls just had a logjam at his natural position, and they made a choice.  They thought when they signed him he could play small forward, but he cannot.  It does not mean he is one of the worst in the league.  He still has talent.  I stay rooting for this dude because he was becoming one of my favorite players before the second ACL tear, and I still hope one day he can put it all together.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

One of the worst players in the league? 

Ok, I can name many many many players worse than Jabari Parker.  Yes his defense is not good, but its so hyperbolic to say he is one of the worst.  The league is littered with scrubs.  Scrubs that cannot average a 17 and 7 on 45% shooting, which is what Jabari did in November.  15 and 7 for his career btw, which is also something many scrubs even with an opportunity couldn't average.  Bad defense alone does not make someone terrible.

Why anybody would take a chance on Jabari? 

This is a guy that before the 2nd ACL tear was averaging 20 and 6 on 49% shooting.  Unfortunately he may never reach his full potential.  But again, he still averaged 17 and 7 last month.  He can still be effective.  He is only 23.  It is worth a risk to see.  If teams keep employing MCW (who still cannot shoot) or Greg Monroe (who is worse defensively than Jabari) for example, I think a team should and will employ Jabari.

The Bulls just had a logjam at his natural position, and they made a choice.  They thought when they signed him he could play small forward, but he cannot.  It does not mean he is one of the worst in the league.  He still has talent.  I stay rooting for this dude because he was becoming one of my favorite players before the second ACL tear, and I still hope one day he can put it all together.

Ok let's rephrase it to amongst players getting minutes he is one of the worst. He gets 20 and gives up double that. Nobody that wants his team to improve care for Jabari's 20 when he watches what he does on the other end of the floor. And the worst is his attitude, nobody gets paid to play D. Well at least that's true Jabari you got paid. 

If you consider employment the fate of Monroe,MCW and Okafor I add then yes, he might not stay unemployed. He might still get a contract to waive towels.

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 1:01 PM, HotSauce24 said:

You must be new to fantasy sports, let alone fantasy basketball.

no u? You own Jabari Parker. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

He's ranked 439th out of 451 players in RPM. he also has a negative WS/48. He literally is one of the worst players in the league. he can get buckets but his complete lack of ability on the defensive end and nonexistent playmaking or ball movement hurts his team wayyyy more. it says something when he can put up 20 pts on a garbage rebuilding team with no playoff aspirations and STILL be pushed out of the rotation for Chandler f*****g hutchison. I predict that he'll be out of the league next year.

Also, if you're ever on the r/nba or r/chicagobulls subs, even the fans of the team hate him for his ineffectual play lol. the dude literally said, and I quote, "They don't pay me to play defense". if that doesn't show you what kind of mindset he has when it comes to D, I don't know what does. you're doing a better job at defending him than he does his opponents on the court.

First, real plus minus as an individual stat is a bs stat.  His team sucks.  They hemorrhage points. Yes he does contribute to the bad defense, but LaMarcus Aldridge for example is ranked 428.  So is he one of the worst players in the league? 

Second, Win Shares per 48 can be another misleading stat.  Again, his team sucks.  Robin Lopez is right there with him in the negative.  Is he one of the worst players in the league?  Jonathon Simmons is ranked worse than Jabari.  Does that mean he is one of the worst players too? 

Jabari is not a good defender.  We have established this. That comment of his I agree was not good.  But who knows 100% that he won't/can't change that mindset and get at least competent on D.  He is only 23.  His lack of ball movement can also be something he can improve upon. He didn't get pushed out of the rotation because he sucks.  Again, he got pushed out because he is not effective at small forward, and they already have enough power forwards, his natural position.  Its a numbers game.

He'll be out of the league next year?  - the epitome of hyperbole.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RipCity0 said:

Ok let's rephrase it to amongst players getting minutes he is one of the worst. He gets 20 and gives up double that. Nobody that wants his team to improve care for Jabari's 20 when he watches what he does on the other end of the floor. And the worst is his attitude, nobody gets paid to play D. Well at least that's true Jabari you got paid. 

If you consider employment the fate of Monroe,MCW and Okafor I add then yes, he might not stay unemployed. He might still get a contract to waive towels.

More hyperbole. Get a contract to waive towels - hmmmmmm, ok:

4 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

More hyperbole. Get a contract to waive towels - hmmmmmm, ok:

What idiotic team would possibly want this fat pig dog?

• Like 1

Parker needs to lose weight and play SF where he might actually be good at. Except he's stubborn and doesn't think this is a good idea. I bet his defense would be a little better if he were in much better shape and about 20-30 pounds lighters. He's currently listed at 245, but I'd bet hes over 250.

Jabari Parker - F -  Bulls

The Bulls have engaged in talks with several teams regarding Jabari Parker, according to K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.

This report comes from arguably the most credible team reporter in the league, but just about anyone can come to the conclusion that Parker is on the trade block. He is eligible to be traded on the 15th and maybe Parker can find a better home to cover up his defensive liabilities, but it's not going to be easy with his $20 million contract being the highest on the Bulls this year. He also has a team option for next year, so he's essentially an expiring deal. Perhaps the Bulls unload him to take on longer-term deals, or maybe it's a multiple-team trade with Trevor Ariza and/or Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. Either way, he's not the strongest stash u

Free Justin Holiday...🚂

Edited by 23_gaby_23

1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

First, real plus minus as an individual stat is a bs stat.  His team sucks.  They hemorrhage points.

This seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding of how RPM works. It's basically the opposite of what you're saying. You can read this article for a bit of a breakdown. Here is a snippet: 

'Just at a glance, the aforementioned player pairing problems—multicollinearity issues, to be specific—do seem to affect the ratings. Take Nick Collison as an example. He's sixth overall in RPM, which could lead you to believe that he is a secret cog in the Thunder machine. And yes, Nick Collison is great for what he is, but sliding in ahead of Steph Curry and Tim Duncan does raise a few questions. Just hazarding a guess, could Perk and his literally-worst-in-the-NBA -6.19 Offensive RPM (-3.19 overall) have anything to do with that? This type of analysis expressly tries to isolate a player from his context, but in extreme cases like this, things can get messy. One surmises that Collison often replacing the single most disastrous offensive player in the known cosmos has some kind of effect of his rating, which is the sort of thing that would show up the limitations of this sort of analysis.'

Every "stat" is a "bs" stat. RPM is as good at any at evaluating defense, and it's quite accurate in portraying how badly Jabari sucks. He's a Wiggins-tier player.

3 hours ago, miasma16 said:

no u? You own Jabari Parker. 

U a fortune teller as well? 

Drafted him and dropped him. 

Let me know the lottery numbers next. 

Hmm dropped in my 20-teamer and I'm kind of enticed to burn a high waiver pick on him just to see where this goes.

Not a big fan of Jabari the player or person though.

He could have been behind the recent Bulls player mutiny so benching him makes perfect sense if that's the case.

I don't think a tanking team would push him out of the rotation because of his performances on the court.

I'm in a "deep" 12 teamer.

Strongly considering dropping now that he's probably gonna be out of the rotation. 

Am I crazy? Anyone think he lands in a great spot and I regret this? In my league when I drop I almost never see again if they are worthy of being rostered. I dropped Melton Wednesday and he was picked up like 30 minutes later for reference. 

37 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I'm in a "deep" 12 teamer.

Strongly considering dropping now that he's probably gonna be out of the rotation. 

Am I crazy? Anyone think he lands in a great spot and I regret this? In my league when I drop I almost never see again if they are worthy of being rostered. I dropped Melton Wednesday and he was picked up like 30 minutes later for reference. 

If he can't make it on the Bulls, where exactly can he make it? And moving his $20m contract and proven negative locker room presence won't be an easy task.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flat_eric said:

If he can't make it on the Bulls, where exactly can he make it? And moving his $20m contract and proven negative locker room presence won't be an easy task.

Exactly!    When a team like the Bulls decides to cut ties with Parker, where exactly can he go? The Suns? The Knicks? Atlanta? Cleveland? 

Jabari Parker has always been a very overrated 🐷🐶

• Like 1

What will his ROS value be if he is traded to the Jazz? a good destination for him?

23 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

What will his ROS value be if he is traded to the Jazz? a good destination for him?

Probably. One of the few teams that could use his offense while having the players to cover for his limitations on defense.

On 12/13/2018 at 8:32 PM, Bugs bunny said:

I think suggesting he's a drop in MOST leagues by the "Roto experts" is a little premature considering he's eligible to be traded in less than 2 days.  I know Jabari has always had a hard-on to go to Utah being Morman and all.  I'd hold for a couple days to find out if I owned him. You never know.

Well well. Maybe I did know.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Well well. Maybe I did know.

I read utah wants to trade favors for parker, and favors isn't eligible for trade until sometime in january

2 hours ago, McWinface said:

It's like he's trying to model his career after past-his-prime Carmelo. He's a knucklehead. 

even modern day melo is better than porker 

On 12/17/2018 at 3:05 PM, flat_eric said:

Probably. One of the few teams that could use his offense while having the players to cover for his limitations on defense.

47095807_296184164353042_681211560089092096_n.gif?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=cdn.fbsbx.com&oh=99623b45b2e9ba5d3eda0cf6d90ba146&oe=5C1BA242

• Haha 2