bruski311

CREEPIN on the KEEPIN..WHIR

Feels so good to back!  So I have my draft coming up in a couple of weeks but we need to turn in our keepers BEFORE we get our draft order.  So this is what I got and I can keep up to 2 players.  Please pick 0 or 1 or 2 players:

Melvin Gordon for a 1st round

Kareem Hunt for a 4th round

Doug Baldwin for a 5th round

Derrick Henry for a 10th round

Julian Edelman for a 16th round

As always WHIR..to your motha hahaha

I would keep Hunt in the 4th.   I would consider Melvin in the first but that depends on your  draft order.   If you could draft him again or someone similar I would pass.   If passing I would consider Henry in the 10th. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, danis one said:

I would keep Hunt in the 4th.   I would consider Melvin in the first but that depends on your  draft order.   If you could draft him again or someone similar I would pass.   If passing I would consider Henry in the 10th. 

Thats pretty much what I was thinking bud.  I appreciate your input buddy!

1 hour ago, Juke said:

Along with Hunt I would be keeping Baldwin in the 5th.

Yea im leaning Hunt 100%  ..that 2nd keeper is what i question i guess.  Thanks for your input bud

13 minutes ago, bruski311 said:

Yea im leaning Hunt 100%  ..that 2nd keeper is what i question i guess.  Thanks for your input bud

I'd go Hunt and Henry.    

I think it gives you more options in those first couple of rounds to grab a top WR and not have to worry about your RB being terrible.

Baldwin is out several weeks with a knee issue.    I think that makes the decision even easier.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I'd go Hunt and Henry.    

I think it gives you more options in those first couple of rounds to grab a top WR and not have to worry about your RB being terrible.

Baldwin is out several weeks with a knee issue.    I think that makes the decision even easier.

Thanks buddy!

8 minutes ago, bruski311 said:

10 team PPR

And if everyone keeps their first rounders, can you try to predict the top10?

My guess is Melvin should be in the top5 of what remains (probably top3) so you should keep him.

• Thanks 1

I would definitely keep Hunt and I wouldn't keep Gordon (in a 10 teamer you are more likely than not going to have a better option in the 1st). Baldwin is solid value but compared tot he others I don't like him since I think you have better odds finding a backend WR1strong WR2 option in the 5th than you do of a RB2 in the 10th or a WR2 in the 16th. I would probably go Henry since RBs go fast and having 2 in your pocket will allow you to focus on value picks and not feel obligated to reach for a RB. Edelman at 16 is tremendous value however, if you want him you can pay like an 8th round price where Henry will cost you a 5th. I'll take an 5th and 16 over 8 and 10 (effectively what the value is based on the keeper prices and the guys ADP) personally since talent gap narrows out as get later in the draft. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

And if everyone keeps their first rounders, can you try to predict the top10?

My guess is Melvin should be in the top5 of what remains (probably top3) so you should keep him.

If everyone keeps their first rounders then he could just pick Gordon since he'd be the only one with a first (although I'd probably pick Barkley first in that case). I have Gordon ranked like 10th overall and don't think there is a significant drop off after him so I'd be willing to potentially lose him in order to get value on a different keeper. 90% odds he gets a pick before 10 and in that instance I think he is guaranteed a better player in Barkley (or if he really wanted could keep Gordon but still gets the benefit of one of the other keepers at a significantly reduced price from their ADP) and maybe better depending on who is kept. 

Edited by Jaw1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

If everyone keeps their first rounders then he could just pick Gordon since he'd be the only one with a first (although I'd probably pick Barkley first in that case). I have Gordon ranked like 10th overall and don't think there is a significant drop off after him so I'd be willing to potentially lose him in order to get value on a different keeper. 90% odds he gets a pick before 10 and in that instance I think he is guaranteed a better player in Barkley (or if he really wanted could keep Gordon but still gets the benefit of one of the other keepers at a significantly reduced price from their ADP) and maybe better depending on who is kept. 

Although I guess I fail to recognize that not all the likely first rounders this year were first rounders last year. Probably best to consult draft history to see just how many were. My guess is at least DJ, Bell, Brown, Beckham, Jones and possibly Elliot which is probably enough for me to still roll the dice. I guess the keeper aspect throws a corkscrew in things as well if you are able to keep guys consecutive years at their original round price. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jaw1 said:

Although I guess I fail to recognize that not all the likely first rounders this year were first rounders last year. Probably best to consult draft history to see just how many were. My guess is at least DJ, Bell, Brown, Beckham, Jones and possibly Elliot which is probably enough for me to still roll the dice. I guess the keeper aspect throws a corkscrew in things as well if you are able to keep guys consecutive years at their original round price.

I think you're on the right track, but it's impossible to know where even those guys fall.  For instance, DJ could have been a much later round keeper from his draft position a few years ago before he broke out.  He was not a 1st rounder the year he broke out, but he was the next year, so I'm guessing he was kept in whatever round he was drafted in.  

With all that in mind, I still think Hunt is a keeper, DON'T keep Melvin, and maybe keep Henry from the 10th (still possibly good value even with Lewis in the mix showing a clear distrust of Henry as a bellcow #1 go-to guy, as we all had hoped).  I would have gone Baldwin in the 5th, but that knee injury concerns me.

Help with mine?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Keep Hunt for sure. I would probably keep Henry as well because that's great value.

Gordon & Henry go with. Hunt is in a 4 man RBBC avoid that mess! 

On 8/1/2018 at 9:19 PM, Rush2112 said:

4?

On 8/1/2018 at 9:19 PM, Rush2112 said:

tumblr_m56kd7Zdhg1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Hunt and Henry.

• Thanks 1

Hunt and Henry without a doubt.  

JE still holds value in the 16th but he'd have had stupid good value if not for the suspension.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, chrisfish said:

Hunt and Henry, 100%. I'd monitor Baldwin's knee issue and heavily consider him in the 5th.

Agree with this one.  Hunt is definitely the clear choice here.  While I'd put Henry #2, the Baldwin for the 5th is pretty good value if it sounds like things are going well for him in the preaseason.  One other thing to keep an eye on over the next two weeks is how Dion Lewis is used in comparison to Henry.  If it looks like Henry is losing additional carries or targets to Dion then you may want Baldwin.

• Thanks 1