August Closer Thread 2018

Looking the Cards save opportunity coming up. Unless they score in the 9th

Edited by urban2014

2 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Looking the Cards save opportunity coming up. Unless they score in the 9th

The bottom of the 8th.

Hicks in for SVO

2 hours ago, Heisenberg90 said:

What happens in Atlanta when Vizcaino comes back? Has Minter been too good to replace?

Minter isn’t going anywhere. Viz will get the setup role once he returns. This is Minter’s job rob LOSE.

Edited by The_Real_Deal
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Maeda lol cute

Dodger bullpen...smh

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hgh22 said:

Not sure what this means for hicks long term but I picked him up.

Oh cool, down to 0 healthy closers. That'll play.

5 hours ago, hgh22 said:
Not sure what this means for hicks long term but I picked him up.

Not sure either.  I would have assumed Norris would have been unavailable anyways though, so might not be too much to really worry about yet unless they a useless x-ray and then decide to take an MRI and it reveals something entirely different (joking on the last part obviously since it's happened several times this season with players).

9 hours ago, The_Real_Deal said:

Minter isn’t going anywhere. Viz will get the setup role once he returns. This is Minter’s job rob LOSE.

Do you have a source for this or are you just posting hopes/prayers?

I mean, I don't own Viz and have been riding Minter too. But there is zero doubt in my mind that Viz will be the closer if/when he shows he's healthy and back to normal. The fact is, Viz was clearly the guy before he went down and was very solid in the role and he's only been gone for like a month. Minter being a lefty helps Vizcaino's cause too.

Edited by Fiveohnine

20 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Do you have a source for this or are you just posting hopes/prayers?

I mean, I don't own Viz and have been riding Minter too. But there is zero doubt in my mind that Viz will be the closer if/when he shows he's healthy and back to normal. The fact is, Viz was clearly the guy before he went down and was very solid in the role and he's only been gone for like a month. Minter being a lefty helps Vizcaino's cause too.

No source but can’t fix something if it isn’t broken. Minter is their future close anyways and he’s hot so why take him out! Would be a piss poor decision by the manager if he does so.

10 hours ago, The_Real_Deal said:

60/40.   Let’s not forget how great Viz was before his injury.   Minter has been good, not as good as Vizcaino was before his injury 

Edited by Ratso1022

11 minutes ago, The_Real_Deal said:

No source but can’t fix something if it isn’t broken. Minter is their future close anyways and he’s hot so why take him out! Would be a piss poor decision by the manager if he does so.

It wasn’t broken before Vizcaino got hurt, either.   It’s kinda up in the air.  

30 minutes ago, Ratso1022 said:

It wasn’t broken before Vizcaino got hurt, either.   It’s kinda up in the air.  

I'm a Vizcaino owner with no shares of Minter.  I would love for Vizcaino to get the job back, but I think Minter keeps the job as well he should.  He's had it for an extended period now and has been successful in the role.

2 minutes ago, pduce242424 said:

I'm a Vizcaino owner with no shares of Minter.  I would love for Vizcaino to get the job back, but I think Minter keeps the job as well he should.  He's had it for an extended period now and has been successful in the role.

Like I said.   I think it’s 60/40.   It’s not a sure thing by no means.  

Gomez in for the save for the White Sox trying to protect a 3 run lead.

And now Gomez is out, Avilan is in and the bases are loaded. This is the White Sox.

Edited by Caelum

Hildenberger locks down save for the second straight day. He's had some scary blowups, but he's clearly the guy.

20 hours ago, Heisenberg90 said:

What happens in Atlanta when Vizcaino comes back? Has Minter been too good to replace?

How long until Viz is back?

Is hector rondon the unquestioned astros close ros, or is there still a reasonable chance that Osuna takes the job? 

11 minutes ago, weisberg26 said:

Is hector rondon the unquestioned astros close ros, or is there still a reasonable chance that Osuna takes the job? 

No one here can answer this. Hell, I don’t think their manager can answer.