DidiFan

August Closer Thread 2018

Chapman just pulled from game...motioned to dugout for the trainer after throwing a pitch.  Time to pick up Britton.

3 minutes ago, David Aames said:

never would have thought britton yuck.....so is it robertson or betances?

I would've said Robertson since he got the save on the 17th...but i don't know why they didn't bring him in tonight.

Is Knebel droppable? What's going on with their bullpen? Hader will continue to dominate so I don't see how he gives up the role... 

Just now, DannyMcPot said:

Is Knebel droppable? What's going on with their bullpen? Hader will continue to dominate so I don't see how he gives up the role... 

Yes...drop away...I would only keep him in very deep leagues that count holds...maybe not even that

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Bravesfan155 said:

I would've said Robertson since he got the save on the 17th...but i don't know why they didn't bring him in tonight.

LoL.  The only reason he got a “save” that night was because the game ended early due to rain.  He pitched the 7th.

Edited by CAT
  • Like 1

You can watch the interview with Chapman, via the interpreter, and he looked pretty concerned. Said the knee was bothering him in the warm-up and got worse as he was throwing.  I would say a DL stint is very likely.

Boone said that Robertson threw today and felt some soreness in the shoulder so they aired on the side of caution with him.  He did not sound concerned.

17 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Herrera pitching the 9th up by 6, likely just to get work in, but it looks like he's the guy

He is. Glover pitched the 8th with the game 3 runs up, so the Nationals were obviously planning to have Herrera take the save as they didn't know they would tack on more runs in the 8th. Good news is Herrera pitched very well in his show tonight. 

Edited by kwolf68

1 hour ago, DannyMcPot said:

He was droppable a week ago.

Supposing NYY sends Chap to DL their best RP is definitely Betances though it wouldn't totally shock me if they gave Britton some opportunities. 

And looks like Osuna is pitching the bottom of the 8th for Stros up 3-1. 

17 minutes ago, street sharks said:

OSUNA IN THE 8TH WHAT IS GOING ON WHY DID I DROP RONDON 

Same:(.  It probably had something to do with a big red blurb about how Hinch SAID osuna would be the closer. Then there’s was the ESPN article about how osuna was the new closer.:angry: .

Oh well, you did your research,it WAS the right move based on the information. Can’t blame yourself.

Edit: that WAS the heart of Seattle’s order so maybe it’s some nightmare situational thing developing.

Edited by Cesare13

22 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

He is. Glover pitched the 8th with the game 3 runs up, so the Nationals were obviously planning to have Herrera take the save as they didn't know they would tack on more runs in the 8th. Good news is Herrera pitched very well in his show tonight. 

I know this may seem obvious, but I don’t think it’s obvious from usage alone tonight that Kelvin Herrera has been reinstated as closer.

3 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Same:(.  It probably had something to do with a big red blurb about how Hinch SAID osuna would be the closer. Then there’s was the ESPN article about how osuna was the new closer.:angry: .

Oh well, you did your research,it WAS the right move based on the information. Can’t blame yourself.

Medals and/or monuments had already been commissioned by those with Nostradamus-like insight into Osuna’s future role as closer.  Do we have to contact the manufacturers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Osuna came in and gave up 3 hits and a run. He did strike out three, so there's that. I would assume that Rondon comes in if the Astros don't score more than 2 runs. 

Now that we've all made the change already, I hope Rondon fails today to cement the new change 

Well it would appear that Hinch may have pulled a fast one on us. Reports of his demise were greatly exaggerated. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

Just now, DavidbivaD said:

Now that we've all made the change already, I hope Rondon fails today to cement the new change 

Nope...not "all". I was hanging onto Rondon until I saw that Osuna successfully latched onto the closer role in Houston. 

• Like 2

Just now, Flyman75 said:

Nope...not "all". I was hanging onto Rondon until I saw that Osuna successfully latched onto the closer role in Houston. 

Sigh..... This situation sucks so hard. Man's word is worth nothing.