DidiFan

August Closer Thread 2018

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, DidiFan said:

Well it would appear that Hinch may have pulled a fast one on us. Reports of his demise were greatly exaggerated. 

giphy.gif

 

Lol. I can't lie...it feels good to see that Osuna gave up 3 hits and a run in the 8th while Rondon pitched an uneventful 9th. :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DavidbivaD said:

Sigh..... This situation sucks so hard. Man's word is worth nothing. 

 

Yeah it does. But fortunately for me, I have the luxury of being able to hang onto Rondon until I see that Osuna is running away with the job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

Well it would appear that Hinch may have pulled a fast one on us. Reports of his demise were greatly exaggerated. 

giphy.gif

Today was not the day, Hector.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

Osuna has been straight garbage in his last 3 appearances.

 

Had a -2.84 FIP and a 27.00 K/9 tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stage was too big for Roberto Osuna this evening.

 

 

Dude needs a smaller stage.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

 

Edit: that WAS the heart of Seattle’s order so maybe it’s some nightmare situational thing developing.

 

Denard Span, Kyle Seager, Ryon Healy. Yep that’s the best the mariners have to offer lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BMcP said:

The stage was too big for Roberto Osuna this evening.

 

 

Dude needs a smaller stage.

Cool Story but I no longer have Osuna so this mess is not my issue anymore 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lot of people dropped Rondon too fast. As an Osuna owner, it was great to grab him before waiver period reset last night.

 

 Having both Osuna and Rondon for holds and saves is optimal as Hinch mixes and matches in real life.  

Edited by JetsAwesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could they still be trying to bring in Osuna slowly? I don't know what else to think. Unless they looked at some analytics and found Rondon the best solution there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

 

It was so obvious Osuna would be the closer soon. Too bad some people didn't listen and wanted to receive official clubhouse statement before dropping that Rondon guy

Sure glad i dont get my fantasy sdvice from you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mi26 said:

Could they still be trying to bring in Osuna slowly? I don't know what else to think. Unless they looked at some analytics and found Rondon the best solution there

As someone else pointed out, it was the middle of the lineup Osuna faced. 

Hinch said the bulk of the saves for Osuna. But it appears we’ll have a Allen/Hand situation here, where it may depend on how the innings play out. Good in real life. Not so good for fantasy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

As someone else pointed out, it was the middle of the lineup Osuna faced. 

Hinch said the bulk of the saves for Osuna. But it appears we’ll have a Allen/Hand situation here, where it may depend on how the innings play out. Good in real life. Not so good for fantasy.

Agreed but on a solid team like Houston keeping Rondon may be smart now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

 

It was so obvious Osuna would be the closer soon. Too bad some people didn't listen and wanted to receive official clubhouse statement before dropping that Rondon guy

 

Me thinks your...

Image result for patting self on back gif

 

...was a little too...

Image result for premature gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming Chapman hits the DL, I guess there’s no clear cut replacement for him?

 

Could be Betances, Robertson or Britton. 

 

Or even some combo of all three?

 

Yanks fans? Any clues?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Assuming Chapman hits the DL, I guess there’s no clear cut replacement for him?

 

Could be Betances, Robertson or Britton. 

 

Or even some combo of all three?

 

Yanks fans? Any clues?

 

big yankee fan here and your guess is as good as mine. its really tough to say at this point. wouldn't be surprised if it became a committee approach. if i HAD to guess id say pecking order would be Robertson-Britton-Betances. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i just dropped Rodon thinking that Hinch comments meant he was no longer  the closer and now i pissed off. I really hope the astros dont even make the playoffs. Why would he even make a public comment like that and not follow through

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

big yankee fan here and your guess is as good as mine. its really tough to say at this point. wouldn't be surprised if it became a committee approach. if i HAD to guess id say pecking order would be Robertson-Britton-Betances. 

Agreed.  Betances only as an emergency type.  Britton situational e.g. 3 lefty hitters due up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tscherrer2 said:

 

Denard Span, Kyle Seager, Ryon Healy. Yep that’s the best the mariners have to offer lol

4,5,6 hitters compared to the 7,8,9 (gammel,Herman and zunino), hitters who would be due up in the 9th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think fantasy servers are being overwhelmed right now with all the waiver claims for Hector Rondon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

big yankee fan here and your guess is as good as mine. its really tough to say at this point. wouldn't be surprised if it became a committee approach. if i HAD to guess id say pecking order would be Robertson-Britton-Betances. 

 

 

same and same.  might be a righty lefty thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

As someone else pointed out, it was the middle of the lineup Osuna faced. 

Hinch said the bulk of the saves for Osuna. But it appears we’ll have a Allen/Hand situation here, where it may depend on how the innings play out. Good in real life. Not so good for fantasy.

It was Span, Seager, Healy, Hamel.  Lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

big yankee fan here and your guess is as good as mine. its really tough to say at this point. wouldn't be surprised if it became a committee approach. if i HAD to guess id say pecking order would be Robertson-Britton-Betances. 

My guess is Britton, Robertson, Betances.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.