DidiFan

August Closer Thread 2018

You poor Rondon and Osuna owners.   Hinch is just trolling you guys right now.   I actually feel bad for you. 

Another crappy outing for Jansen. 4 ER and 3 homers in his last two innings. K% and SwStr% are down, while his BB% and HR/9 are up.

Jansen may be droppable soon in fantasy. I hope that stuff with his heart works out though. Obviously that’s much more important than real baseball, let alone fantasy. 

11 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Britton IMO and fwiw that’s also Mike Francesca’s opinion

I guess the fat man sways your opinion, yesterday you said Robertson.   BTW.   Boone said he will use all 3.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Another crappy outing for Jansen. 4 ER and 3 homers in his last two innings. K% and SwStr% are down, while his BB% and HR/9 are up.

It’s 2 innings, lol. You’re really going to use %’s over 2 Ip? Cmon man

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ratso1022 said:

Unfortunately, and most importantly for closers, it is 2 innings at a crucial point in many fantasy seasons.  It is also the only 2 innings he has pitched since coming back from the DL (which I thought I read somewhere that it was a rather quick return).  3 HRs in 9 batters is cause for at least a little alarm.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToO_BaD said:

Unfortunately, and most importantly for closers, it is 2 innings at a crucial point in many fantasy seasons.  It is also the only 2 innings he has pitched since coming back from the DL (which I thought I read somewhere that it was a rather quick return).  3 HRs in 9 batters is cause for at least a little alarm.  

I understand the idea that we take the information we have, 2 innings, and that’s all we can go by. 

I recently came to the realization, and this has been very liberating to me, that we do not need to have an opinion on everything.we have a choice we can make before making any decisions or forming opinions.

We do not need to say, one way or the other, whether 3 Hrs in 2 innings in concerning or not concerning.  ?

what if i told you that back on 5/18/13 Jansen gave up 2 Hrs in 1 game! less than 2 innings. in just 2 outs!

Edited by tscherrer2

3 hours ago, Ratso1022 said:

I guess the fat man sways your opinion, yesterday you said Robertson.   BTW.   Boone said he will use all 3.   

Francesa is so awful. Initially I thought it may be Britton but now that he said that I think its probably D-Rob. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, tscherrer2 said:

I understand the idea that we take the information we have, 2 innings, and that’s all we can go by. 

I recently came to the realization, and this has been very liberating to me, that we do not need to have an opinion on everything.we have a choice we can make before making any decisions or forming opinions.

We do not need to say, one way or the other, whether 3 Hrs in 2 innings in concerning or not concerning.  ?

what if i told you that back on 5/18/13 Jansen gave up 2 Hrs in 1 game! less than 2 innings. in just 2 outs!

I agree.  A message board is no place for opinions.

• Haha 1

Maybe cause Sir Antony threw a lot yesterday?

41 minutes ago, kirkcameron said:

I agree.  A message board is no place for opinions.

ha i hear you. opinions are good! we should all have them. we just don’t need to form them immediately after something happens. 

Fresh Prince with another save. Nothing to say here

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Fresh Prince with another save. Nothing to say here

az616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=246&h=ef409004f

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Maybe cause Sir Antony threw a lot yesterday?

16 pitches, not that many. He did blow a save though. Maybe Kapler just wanted to give him a day off after the BS.

27 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

16 pitches, not that many. He did blow a save though. Maybe Kapler just wanted to give him a day off after the BS.

Seems like the logical conclusion.  He's been a little shaky over the last couple of weeks or so, but he's been far from bad, so taking him out of the role would be a little drastic.  Neshek will probably still get a handful of saves based on situations like today (probably giving Seranthony the day off), but I can't see this as being anything more than giving Seranthony the day off after the blown save.

1 hour ago, fletch44 said:

17 minutes ago, Ratso1022 said:

Without actually looking at the stats, I believe he has been unsuccessful pitching back to back days. 

I was talking about Seranthony

Any chance we could be looking at someone else in the Padres pen with Yates struggling? Maybe Stammen? 

7 hours ago, Ratso1022 said:

I wasn't referring to two innings for the percentages. His K% and SwStr% are down for the entire season. Try doing the research before being snarky. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

I wasn't referring to two innings for the percentages. His K% and SwStr% are down for the entire season. Try doing the research before being snarky. 

You’re the one who mentioned 2 innings.  Sorry, but I have no idea how to do any research on those silly metrics anyway.  

Looks like others thought that also

16 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

Any chance we could be looking at someone else in the Padres pen with Yates struggling? Maybe Stammen? 

He would be the one.  Pods have held on to Yates I would think they would want to keep using him as their closer. 

Edited by Ratso1022
  • Like 1