DidiFan

August Closer Thread 2018

Jeffress sure is looking good

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

With all the uncertainty right now, who Would you want if you needed saves 

the claw or Glover?

Is there a 3rd option?  I would probably go Claw but I wouldn’t expect any.  Kind of a lottery ticket.

Just now, TheBoatmen said:

Is there a 3rd option?  I would probably go Claw but I wouldn’t expect any.  Kind of a lottery ticket.

Kinda what I am looking for, just rostered Soria in hopes of grabbing some saves but not sure anything to be seen there either

Smith has had some tough outings the last couple games, will be interesting to see who the Giants use if they get a safe chance.

Rondon warming for 8th

Melancon for the opp

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Melancon for the opp

Smith has pitched the last 3 days so probably just a night off but worth watching closely if Smith keeps piling up the base runners.

• Like 1

How did Robertson look coming back from the shoulder? I made the spec add, but a bit scared.

3 straight games, Britton save, Betances save, DRob save. Haha.

There is no way of reading into any of this. My best guess if all 3 are available:

Betances is used against middle of the lineup. Might be 7th, 8th, or 9th

Britton is used when multiple LHH are coming up. Might be 7th, 8th, or 9th.

DRob is used around these two scenarios. Might be 7th, 8th, or 9th.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm wondering if Cishek gets a SV opp or two this week... Cubs have 7 games this week, I could see most of them being tight, and Strop blew his last opp. Could give you a similar week to the 3 Yankees above.

How in the world does Strop only have like 1 SV in the past 2 weeks?

I thought I struck gold 3 weeks ago with him

Overall Strop has been pretty good. Just bad luck with the saves I think. Not sure why they'd mess with it. 

2 minutes ago, CuredMeats said:

Overall Strop has been pretty good. Just bad luck with the saves I think. Not sure why they'd mess with it. 

You think he is the closer ROS

6 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

3 straight games, Britton save, Betances save, DRob save. Haha.

There is no way of reading into any of this. My best guess if all 3 are available:

Betances is used against middle of the lineup. Might be 7th, 8th, or 9th

Britton is used when multiple LHH are coming up. Might be 7th, 8th, or 9th.

DRob is used around these two scenarios. Might be 7th, 8th, or 9th.

Good luck.

You are giving Boone more credit than he deserves imo lol.  The lefty match ups may come into play with Britton, but I think the rest of it comes down to who is available\fresh on any given night.  That said, I still think Betances is the one to own while Chapman is out.  Robertson has not been all that good this year.

1 hour ago, secretagentman said:

You are giving Boone more credit than he deserves imo lol.  The lefty match ups may come into play with Britton, but I think the rest of it comes down to who is available\fresh on any given night.  That said, I still think Betances is the one to own while Chapman is out.  Robertson has not been all that good this year.

Robertsons numbers on the year:

57 ip, 3.00 ERA, 0.98 WHIP, 72ks.  Wish all my crappy pitchers looked this bad....

47 minutes ago, herschel said:

Robertsons numbers on the year:

57 ip, 3.00 ERA, 0.98 WHIP, 72ks.  Wish all my crappy pitchers looked this bad....

I never said he was crappy, just not all that good.  He has given up 6 HRs and has allowed 7 of 19 inherited runners to score to go along with that mid of the road for a "top" reliever 3 ERA.  Has had off outings in a few games in fairly easy situations .  Not terrible, but no one is confusing him with Mariano Rivera or Chapman.  To be fair, Chapman has had his issues as well mostly due to the knee, but Betances has been far better.

Edited by secretagentman

2 hours ago, David Aames said:

Madsen activated today. ..is it him or koda?

I went with Madsen but they both suck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, secretagentman said:

I never said he was crappy, just not all that good.  He has given up 6 HRs and has allowed 7 of 19 inherited runners to score to go along with that mid of the road for a "top" reliever 3 ERA.  Has had off outings in a few games in fairly easy situations .  Not terrible, but no one is confusing him with Mariano Rivera or Chapman.  To be fair, Chapman has had his issues as well mostly due to the knee, but Betances has been far better.

fair enough.  guessing by your av you watch more yankees games than i do and sounds like he may be a better fantasy/numbers pitcher than real life pitcher.  that being said, there is a fairly wide middle ground between "not that good" and the greatest reliever ever to play the game.  no one is comparing him to mariano or even chapman for that matter, but i think its fair to think that bettances may stay in his 8th inning role and robertson could potentially see a fair share of save ops assuming he is healthy....