NYR Fan 116894

Quincy Enunwa 2018 Outlook

Had a decent 2016 season with 58/857/4 on 105 targets (36 of the 58 catches came from the slot). Had the 2nd most targets on that team behind only Marshall.

Missed last year with a neck injury.

McCown compared him to Anquan Boldin the other day.

He didn't practice today due to a "training camp injury that's not related to his neck injury." But reports out of Jets camp have been positive regarding Enunwa. 

Entering the final year of his rookie deal. 

Jets have 162 available targets from last year. They added Pryor and Crowell. New OC. I was thinking Enunwa would be in line for some slot time this season, but Kearse played their a decent chunk last year....

• Like 1

There will definitely be some value if people end up picking the right Jets WR this season. I think the dart throw is between Enunwa and Anderson. 

Considering hes going somewhere around the 13th round, I’ll definitely have some shares this year. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

There will definitely be some value if people end up picking the right Jets WR this season. I think the dart throw is between Enunwa and Anderson. 

Considering hes going somewhere around the 13th round, I’ll definitely have some shares this year. 

If McCown can get it going, and if all the coaching changes they still have a coach with balls left, then my dart will be pointing to Enunwa. I am less certain about a Darnold rookie season though, which is probably going to kick-off after the Jets start 2-8.

This is one of my favorite late round targets. I don't think anyone is expecting this to be a high powered offense, but this can be a late round flier pick used on a guy who showed a solid skill set and could provide a high end WR3 or low end WR2 numbers.

• Like 2

Not ideal and thought it wasn't a weekly thing, but at least it's not related to the neck injury from last year...

48 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Not the worst news. Should depress his value over the next few weeks. 

His price or his value?

With Jermaine Kearse out Week One and Anderson's legal troubles in limbo, is there any value here?

On 8/31/2018 at 11:08 AM, Big_Trav said:

With Jermaine Kearse out Week One and Anderson's legal troubles in limbo, is there any value here?

Yep. 

Due to Kearse's injury, Enunwa is going to be Darnold's security blanket right out of the gate. Quincy is the best slot option and red zone threat that the Jets possess. There is no TE on the roster who will command serious targets, either. Once the Jets see the chemistry between Darnold and Enunwa, Kearse will be relegated to a tertiary option at best. 

I'm expecting something like a 73/910/7 line for Enunwa this year. 

IMO he was the best receiver in preseason. Seems to have some on field chemistry with the Darnold.

I like him too. Big, good hands, working out the slot. Just seems like the kind of WR Darnold will have a connection with. 

Calling this guy just a slot receiver is an insult. This dude is a physical beast. He can play inside or outside with superb route running 6'2 225 4.4 speed absolute physical specimen. Easily the best receiver on the Jets. Way too quiet in here. He will be a steal.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Calling this guy just a slot receiver is an insult. This dude is a physical beast. He can play inside or outside with superb route running 6'2 225 4.4 speed absolute physical specimen. Easily the best receiver on the Jets. Way too quiet in here. He will be a steal.

Here's to hoping you're right. 

Most of us that got him got him extremely late. He's a zero risk high reward guy. 

And with Kearse not in the picture for now I'm hoping these 2s relationship on the field can take off. 

He should have been drafted around Mike Wallace type players who are just eh to me. He's got ability to approach high end WR3 numbers for me if Darnold can be what most expect. 

Watch this and tell me you don't get hyped... Not to mention that season was with nothing but absolute bottom of the barrel QBs in a dumpster fire of a year.

You have to think Darnold will at least be some sort of improvement over them. He out performed Brandon Marshall when he still had some physical skills left in the tank.

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Will he draw Slay? Weather impact in Cleveland is pushing me down my roster a bit. 

On 9/6/2018 at 7:42 PM, Dirtywater97 said:

Watch this and tell me you don't get hyped... Not to mention that season was with nothing but absolute bottom of the barrel QBs in a dumpster fire of a year.

You have to think Darnold will at least be some sort of improvement over them. He out performed Brandon Marshall when he still had some physical skills left in the tank.

Agree 100% if you're taking a shot on a Jet wr would much rather go with Enunwa than basket case Robby Anderson. 

Remember when he was a hot breakout candidate right before he was injured?

Amazing how quickly people forget:lol:

Darnold is the real deal fellas.  This guy had 800 yards with 2016 Ryan Fitzpatrick and Geno Smith throwing to him.

Now he has a real QB, enunwa gotta be the most slept on wr in this message board.

• Like 1

He put up 58/857/4 while being the #2 option for most of the year with Fitzpatrick throwing him the ball. I might make a preemptive add and pick him up in a few leagues where I need some WR depth. If he flashes in week 1, it might be too late to get him after that. This dude has mad talent. 

This cat is built like Josh Gordon on a team that will be down a lot all year with no set WR1. 

• Like 3

Keeping my eye on him as I await news of Lynch playing Monday.

Stashed away quietly in all leagues, people sleeping on this dude so hard this year it’s hilarious.