NYR Fan 116894

Quincy Enunwa 2018 Outlook

9 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

So far we’ve got ..... Rich man’s Robert Woods, Terrell Owens, Keenan Allen, poor man’s Anquan Boldin, regular man’s Anquan Boldin, Jarvis Landry, Golden Tate, Built like Gordon, PPR Gold, solid WR3, every-week WR2, great WR2 play most weeks. We’re only on week 2 but I know we’re missing a whole bunch. What else ya got? Quit holding out on me guys! 

Gold post. BTW I'm the one that said Rich Man's Robert Woods. And that's a good thing! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

So far we’ve got ..... Rich man’s Robert Woods, Terrell Owens, Keenan Allen, poor man’s Anquan Boldin, regular man’s Anquan Boldin, Jarvis Landry, Golden Tate, Built like Gordon, PPR Gold, solid WR3, every-week WR2, great WR2 play most weeks. We’re only on week 2 but I know we’re missing a whole bunch. What else ya got? Quit holding out on me guys! 

I believe somebody in here said top 15 PPR WR.

He didn't even score today and put together a useful PPR game.  Most of us by now probably have a WR draft mistake that has been easily corrected with Quincy.

Edited by CooL

2 hours ago, eg4190 said:

I see him as being more of a high-end WR3 until we see how he reacts to increased defensive attention and we see just what the Darnold rookie struggles look like.

That’s still not bad for a guy we all got for free.  The high-end target share means you can start him every week in your WR3 or flex spot and know he has a floor of about 5-60 with significant TD upside — he was one overthrow away from bringing in a 30-yarder today, which would have put him over 20 points.  I don’t see him putting up any 2-23-0 duds anytime soon.  That has a lot of value even if he doesn’t come close to outscoring Keenan.

>WR3

>5-60 floor

Does not compute.

Keenan Allen was a top 3 WR last year with 8 games of 5-60 or worse.

Either prepare for disappointment or jump on the back end WR1 train my friend.

3 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

>WR3

>5-60 floor

Does not compute.

Keenan Allen was a top 3 WR last year with 8 games of 5-60 or worse.

Either prepare for disappointment or jump on the back end WR1 train my friend.

obviously no wr is going to put up 5/60 every week 

heck AB had 6 weeks last year with 5 catches or less

5/60 just means 80/1000 ish floor which seems about right. you have to account for the highs and lows in week to week production

after typing this im pretty sure your just busting balls here

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

So glad I got this guy.  Starting with confidence every week.  Hopefully his floor in PPR remains at 12 or so.  

Looking like Enunwa will be what I thought I was getting when I drafted Larry Fitz. Starting him from now on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

obviously no wr is going to put up 5/60 every week 

heck AB had 6 weeks last year with 5 catches or less

5/60 just means 80/1000 ish floor which seems about right. you have to account for the highs and lows in week to week production

after typing this im pretty sure your just busting balls here

Yea I think he's a virtual lock for 80/1000. Gotta be mentally prepared for the 3-40 week though that's coming when even the best WRs do it 4ish times a year.

7 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

Looks like a supercharged Aaron Hernandez without Gronk in the mix.

• Haha 1

Also, outside of the missed wide open TD Darnold missed Enunwa on a streak down the field where he had clearly beaten his man in the beginning of the game. If he threw that ball a few feet shorter we may have been looking at massive game.

Edited by Dirtywater97

16 hours ago, jeffnsee said:

Very solid day. He'll never pop off like the elite WRs, but I'm happy with him getting me 8-12 pts weekly in standard.

I don't know about that... he was VERY close to having a huge day on Sunday. Darnold overthrew him for a wide open TD at the end of the 2nd. There was also a play that could have maybe gone for like a 90 yard TD as Enunwa was streaking down the sideline with a few steps on the DB. But that was a tough throw and catch.

But once again, double digit targets and Darnold trusts him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

How do we feel about him Thursday night against Cleveland? I smell a 16-10 game.

Fine with me if he gets his usual 11 targets for 80+ yards and a possible score. Seems to have a very safe floor. 

2 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Also, outside of the missed wide open TD Darnold missed Enunwa on a streak down the field where he had clearly beaten his man in the beginning of the game. If he threw that ball a few feet shorter we may have been looking at massive game.

I did not get to watch the game, this is very good info to have.  If Enunwa can sprinkle in a few long TD receptions here and there, we will be cooking with grease.

10 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

How do we feel about him Thursday night against Cleveland? I smell a 16-10 game.

I just hope we aren't the first team to lose to the Browns.

But I think he will be fed again with a lot of quick passes to try and mitigate Garrett disruption.

On 9/17/2018 at 6:28 PM, ponchsox said:

I really, really, really dislike Thursday night games. I did some non-scientific stats mining last season and found 5-10% less production on average on a Thursdays (after a 4 day rest, essentially). More rest is more production, less rest means bleh, usually. 

On the other hand, 21 targets in 2 games is a lot.

15 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I really, really, really dislike Thursday night games. I did some non-scientific stats mining last season and found 5-10% less production on average on a Thursdays (after a 4 day rest, essentially). More rest is more production, less rest means bleh, usually. 

On the other hand, 21 targets in 2 games is a lot.

Out of curiosity, did TNF translate to higher Defense points? 

By far my fav new receiver this year.  Love size, heart/hustle.  Confidence looks big as well. 

Having a hard time starting him over Golladay this week at flex tho, Browns shall be close game and Detroit will be bombing to catch up..

3 minutes ago, Tghetty said:

By far my fav new receiver this year.  Love size, heart/hustle.  Confidence looks big as well. 

Having a hard time starting him over Golladay this week at flex tho, Browns shall be close game and Detroit will be bombing to catch up..

Aren't the Browns ceding a lot of yards through the air though? I think it will be a lot of quick passes and dump offs. Another 10+ target game for him is possible and Enunwa creates matchup problems... I don't see anyone who would be able to cover him effectively. The issue is gonna be Miles Garrett so a lot of three strep drops and screens. He's fast enough to take one of those to the house and he's a RZ target.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

Aren't the Browns ceding a lot of yards through the air though? I think it will be a lot of quick passes and dump offs. Another 10+ target game for him is possible and Enunwa creates matchup problems... I don't see anyone who would be able to cover him effectively. The issue is gonna be Miles Garrett so a lot of three strep drops and screens. He's fast enough to take one of those to the house and he's a RZ target.

Dammit I had my mind made up why u gotta be so analytical..  your point serves good value.  So u start nuna over Holliday?

i just vision a pats/lions game with pats in big lead and coverage leaning towards tate/Jones and golladay sneaking in big plays.. idk I’m sure either/or is decent pick.   1st world problems.

I, too, hate Thursday night games.  But I am loving Enunwa.  Some players are so good, you have to play them no matter what the day.  All those targets!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tghetty said:

Dammit I had my mind made up why u gotta be so analytical..  your point serves good value.  So u start nuna over Holliday?

i just vision a pats/lions game with pats in big lead and coverage leaning towards tate/Jones and golladay sneaking in big plays.. idk I’m sure either/or is decent pick.   1st world problems.

I dunno, I'm just telling you what I think will happen as a Jets fan. Quincy has a good floor and some decent upside. I'm not sure Golladay has the floor but he has similar, if not slightly higher upside.

32 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Out of curiosity, did TNF translate to higher Defense points? 

I didn't have enough data points to draw a conclusion on that. But I would expect so, because "points against" has the highest correlation with defense scoring, so low scoring games are on average good games to stream your defenses from. 

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I, too, hate Thursday night games.  But I am loving Enunwa.  Some players are so good, you have to play them no matter what the day.  All those targets!

Oh yeah. Follow the targets. Scooped him up everywhere, pretty sure he's a rock solid WR2 rest of the way. He flew so under the radar he didn't make a blip.