NYR Fan 116894

Quincy Enunwa 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, yahyahtrick said:

I think he’s implying a trap game for the Jags. Jets win. Hence a good stat line by Q. 

Trap game?  It's not as if the Jags are steamrolling through opponents.  They just lost to the Titans who don't even have play a QB.

I think he was saying it is a "reverse trap"

Everyone will bench him since its the Jags/Jalen and then he will go off ob everyone's bench.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, beerfish said:

Everyone will bench him since its the Jags/Jalen and then he will go off ob everyone's bench.

LOL, ok I get it now.  Basically it's Murphy's law of fantasy football and why there are times we hate this game so much.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, CooL said:

Trap game?  It's not as if the Jags are steamrolling through opponents.  They just lost to the Titans who don't even have play a QB.

?‍♂️ Jags are prob favored and general sentiment appears that everyone thinks the Jags will win. 

Now we’re over here speculating on what this guy means. See what fantasy football does to us? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CooL said:

Agreed.  I think you need to look up the definition of "trap game".  

A trap game would imply that we think he's going to ball out, but then the Jags shut him down and he has a pathetic 3-27 on 9 targets line.

Trap game like people aren't betting on Q, but Darnold needs him big time to get 1st downs in. He's gonna get alot of quick 10 yard flicks to move the ball. Keeping Ramsey out of the deep field will be the gameplan if he sticks on Q. 

Edited by Travis Burten

33 minutes ago, beerfish said:

so is someone going to actually attempt to answer the question?  what is out there that makes people think it is a game Q will go off on?  you can throw the terms out all you want, but there has to be something credible to base it on.  otherwise it is just pulling stuff out your a$$.  and just a random proclamation.  and if that is the case why not say Robby Anderson is going to go off,  or say Darnold is going to go 500 yards and 4 TDs.

Just now, Panthor said:

so is someone going to actually attempt to answer the question?  what is out there that makes people think it is a game Q will go off on?  you can throw the terms out all you want, but there has to be something credible to base it on.  otherwise it is just pulling stuff out your a$$.  and just a random proclamation.  and if that is the case why not say Robby Anderson is going to go off,  or say Darnold is going to go 500 yards and 4 TDs.

the only factual evidence that this might happen is the fact that this season has been extremely unpredictable and that would be the only reason someone would say that.

8 minutes ago, Panthor said:

I'm not sure myself, flipping a coin between him and Cole probably (or neither if Baldwin comes back)

However, I think the fact that Darnold will have to get the ball out of his hands quick benefits Quincy and they have had a little extra time to prepare for this game.

OBJ went 11 for 111 against them on a lot of quick shots (I realize he is no OBJ)

16 minutes ago, Panthor said:

Because I don't own Anderson or Darnold. I own Q. 

5 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Because I don't own Anderson or Darnold. I own Q. 

so what you're saying is it is pure wishful thinking, good to know

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Broncos132 said:

Expecting 7/40 this week. In PPR, that's solid Flex numbers.

Amazing how a 12/10 line would even be better in PPR.  Averaging less than a yard per catch is that scenario is still solid flex lol.

• Haha 1

Last week scared me because of how bad Darnold looked. I’ll wait to use him until there’s more positive signs, or at the very least a better matchup.

• Like 1

Is anyone starting enunwa this week?

Despite the defense Darnold has to face, enunwa can still have a nice game. Maybe this is the game no one trips enunwa and he gets into the red zone and people are benching him due to the matchup

1 hour ago, ginocan said:

Can we go back to the trap game theory? That was more interesting. 

Im trapped in a glass case of emotions trying to figure it out

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joed2323 said:

Is anyone starting enunwa this week?

Despite the defense Darnold has to face, enunwa can still have a nice game. Maybe this is the game no one trips enunwa and he gets into the red zone and people are benching him due to the matchup

I'm not simply because I got Kirk Cousins'd on TNF and will be playing more upside guys. But I still say he's got a Larry Fitz type floor each week (5+rec, ~80 yards+). Solid floor guy IMO.

2 hours ago, Cord said:

Jets have a pretty tough schedule ROS, passing game-wise. 

Yup. John Brown has a much better schedule ROS. I believe Ravens WRs are ranked #1 in terms of easy of schedule.

Would the jags consider Enunwa the #1 receiver on the team? I could see them leaving Ramsey and Bouye out to defend Robby and Pryor/Kearse and have Enunwa take on their slot cb (possibly with a linebacker to help out as well).

2 hours ago, whatisfootball said:

Would the jags consider Enunwa the #1 receiver on the team? I could see them leaving Ramsey and Bouye out to defend Robby and Pryor/Kearse and have Enunwa take on their slot cb (possibly with a linebacker to help out as well).

I'd assume so. I mean, his target share on that offense leads by a large amount. 

I think that this week vs. the Jaguars defense is going to be very tough for Enunwa especially with Darnold looking shaky lately at qb.

57 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I think that this week vs. the Jaguars defense is going to be very tough for Enunwa especially with Darnold looking shaky lately at qb.

I kind of hope so...as long as somebody else like Anderson has a solid game. I'm not dressing Enunwa this week, so I want future opposing defenses to key in on somebody other than Quincy

• Like 1