NYR Fan 116894

Quincy Enunwa 2018 Outlook

His game log in 2016 looks pretty good. I’ll admit I always thought of him as a JAG without actually seeing him play because I mean honestly, who ever watches the Jets?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

gl to all who got enunwa. i was successfully able to nab him with 3rd priority waivers claim.

i will be definitely be putting him in my flex with the looks he got this past sunday until further notice. looks good and hope he eats all season long.  

1 hour ago, zorndogs said:

Wow the positivity in this thread makes me feel good. I just added him because I needed to drop Cameron Meredith and I also own Robby Anderson. Apparently he will be standing side by side with Fitz in the Hall of Fame though? I'm not quite that high on him, but for a PPR he really could have a reliable floor. I don't have a lot of faith in Kearse when he returns or Pryor in general, but they could spread the targets thinner. I expect Robby will get more than one target most games too.

Sure but I also think Darnold will throw the ball more than 21 times in most of the games. 

• Like 1

I bid almost 40% of my FAAB to acquire him. I had Baldwin and Cooper, so at the end of the day, it really depends on your roster and what you think of his rest-of-season outlook.

I'm buying a Golden Tate type of season, which is worth a 4th rounder in snake drafts. In my opinion, could even have more TD upside if he scored from 20 yards out.

He missed a year of football, and now he's featured as a receiver. Robby Anderson got 1 target. This should tell you enough that things are trending up in a big way for Enunwa. 

if the lions weren't such an embarrassment and the jets actually had to keep playing his stat line would've put him as the unanimous #1 overall waiver claim. this team has no TE worth mentioning, Kearse is nothing special, and Anderson's a headcase who can run straight lines really fast. 

Darnold, and the staff, love Enunwa. He is the best, most complete offensive weapon on the Jets - who are nowhere near as bad a team as some think. I wouldn't be shocked if they pushed for a wildcard in the AFC (4 games against Buf/Mia help)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

There are only so many players that come on the waiver wire that have a legit path to top targeted player on their team or a back with legit 3 down opportunity. I’ll pay the price for those players. Because this guy’s name looks like a third string cornerback and he plays for the Jets, you can get him for way less than you should. Not only that, this looks to be a team that could actually play and score points, so Enunwa wouldn’t just be “de facto” top target, but an actual player worth starting.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/9/2018 at 11:13 AM, 1st DownSyndrome said:

Stashed away quietly in all leagues, people sleeping on this dude so hard this year it’s hilarious.

Yuuuuup

1 hour ago, griffin727 said:

There are only so many players that come on the waiver wire that have a legit path to top targeted player on their team or a back with legit 3 down opportunity. I’ll pay the price for those players. Because this guy’s name looks like a third string cornerback and he plays for the Jets, you can get him for way less than you should. Not only that, this looks to be a team that could actually play and score points, so Enunwa wouldn’t just be “de facto” top target, but an actual player worth starting.

The one drawback I have with him are the routes he runs seems to be somewhat short. In other words, because they have a rookie qb, they may plan on throwing quick shorter passes. I have to admit, I like the thought of a guy also catching a 50 yard td and not just a bunch of 10 yard gains. 

Just now, TennisMenace said:

The one drawback I have with him are the routes he runs seems to be somewhat short. In other words, because they have a rookie qb, they may plan on throwing quick shorter passes. I have to admit, I like the thought of a guy also catching a 50 yard td and not just a bunch of 10 yard gains. 

Landry survived after all these years.

2 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

From what I’ve read, Enunwa is no slouch on deep balls and I’m sure he’ll get some looks that way although it’s not his bread and butter.

I think some people get a little clouded by his slot role, in that Enunwa is actually a physical freak. He ran a 4.45 at his size, plus according to Player Profiler he is in the 96th percentile in speed score. His player comparison is Josh Gordon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TennisMenace said:

Well, if you prefer the former, then Robby Anderson is your guy.

In PPR formats, I think Q is much more valuable as the Jets offense seems to favor the short pass to help out the young QB.  I'll take the 7-70 with a possibility for a TD, considering this guy was free.

• Like 1

I used my 12th waiver on him because I was hurting at the WR.

Quincy is basically Jarvis Landry/Golden Tate, I would take that all day!.  Even when games aren't close and they are in need of points, I can see Darnold targeting him.  Darnold seems hesitant to shoot downfield unless the dude is beat.  On the play he threw to Robby, it does seem like a design play to hit Robby Anderson.  He was literally targeted ONCE all game.  You cannot ignore the 10 targets, he literally almost had 50% of the targets.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:

Quincy is basically Jarvis Landry/Golden Tate

Golden Tate: 5'10" / 197 lbs

Jarvis Landry: 5'11" / 196 lbs

Quincy Enunwa: 6'2" / 225 lbs

He's more comparable to Brandon Marshall, imo.

Which is why I had a hard time choosing between them on Waivers last night.

But it's true, people be sleeping on Enunwa.  Got him with the 8th / 12th waiver claim in my friends and family league, then got B Marsh too (people think Marshall is washed up).

Edited by Robrain
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, beerfish said:

How do the FF "experts" miss so bad on a guy like this? He's not some rookie that came out of nowhere.

Do you mean where  he was projected to go before the draft?  Don’t forget, I’m sure they considered his qb was probably going to be a rookie. 

Edited by TennisMenace
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Robrain said:

But it's true, people be sleeping on Enunwa.  Got him with the 8th / 12th waiver claim in my friends and family league, then got B Marsh too (people think Marshall is washed up).

Poor man’s anquan boldin. Even has the same number.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Robrain said:

Honestly,  I feel like he's more of an Anquan Boldin, but faster.  He's a tough SOB that has great hands.

Edit:  I probably should have read the whole thread first.  Credit to Whatisfootball.

Edited by ThePerfectBeard
Someone had the same response.

Just now, rasto21585 said:

So is Enunwa a top 20 wr going forward?

I don't know that we should be completely sold that Robby Anderson doesn't see more moving forward. I'm leaning on Enunwa being the guy, but presumably Anderson did see some tough coverages, particularly against Slay, and defenses may adjust and change things up as well. I dont' think its impossible, and it's not like you could've passed on waivers if you wanted him, but I'm more interested in continuing to watch him play with Darnold to see if he truly will be the #1 Read/WR this year. 

I'd still be easily willing to play him depending on other options, but I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch just because I got him on waivers.

33 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Why is he only projected 5.97 points or around 5 points for every remaining game in a ppr for Yahoo lol?

I mean if Yahoo projected him for 15 points would you start him?  They're always late to the party when it comes to increasing their projections for guys who aren't "supposed" to put up points. 

It sure looks like he's a high-floor WR3 with upside for more, especially in PPR.

1 hour ago, Robrain said:

I am speaking about the actual position that they play and what type of numbers we expect.

That is like saying Golden Tate /Landry is like Antonio Brown/Odell.

There is a clear difference in these two type of groups play style.

Enunwa is simply a slot WR just like Landry and Tate.

[Removed AC content]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

Just now, Nguvocity said:

I am speaking about the actual position that they play and what type of numbers we expect.

That is like saying Golden Tate /Landry is like Antonio Brown/Odell.

There is a clear difference in these two type of groups play style.

Enunwa is simply a slot WR just like Landry and Tate.

I am eyeing B.Marsh as well especially since Doug Baldwin is out, I can see B.Marsh being the red zone threat but I don't know who to drop for B.Marsh

I agree in pricniple that he isn't used like Marshall, in terms of winning outside. He's used more like a hybrid-slot-WR-move-TE. But I don't think THAT in particular fits into the Tate/Landry dynamic. I don't think he's much like those two, other than playing from the slot. The late career comp of Anquan is actually perfect to me. Just more athletic because again that's the late career Comp. A player with decent WR skills who plays the slot with a HUGE body that can make him a TE-style mid-field mismatch as well as a RZ threat. 

So I agree on Marshall, but I don't on Tate and Landry. He's more physical and more likely to see RZ looks or be a RZ-centric player than those two. He's almost more like a hybrid between Tate and Marshall... so to speak.