Beerdown

Tyler Boyd 2018 Outlook

LaFell is released and Boyd has apparently been among the most dominant players in camp (and Dalton’s favorite target).  It’s time to start the hype train.

https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sports/lewis-fumes-boyd-soars-and-other-observations-from-bengals-day/E7j05Cxu8BLjpWVOi4J4ML/

"Actually, Boyd has been setting a tone since camp began. No one has been more impressive through the first week. He caught another touchdown earlier in practice between three defenders, safeties Shawn Williams, George Iloka and Dennard."

ADP #376. Let's see if that rises a bit during the pre-season :)

Posted (edited)

Boyd will be slot with Ross and AJG on the outside in 3 WR sets 

Edited by NYR Fan 116894

I'm drinking the kool-aid it's taken a minute but I'm now all about it... Ty Boyd FTW

Cincy homer here. Kid is a stud. Some of the best hands I've seen and he can hit top gear in a hurry. I've been a huge fan of his since last year.

Has Boyd finally put it together. I remember drafting this guy his rookie year. It was a disappoint to say the least.

Averaging 7 targets a week, and is the main target after Green.  I don't think he can be ignored now.  Think he's a safe WR3, that can easily put up WR2 numbers each week behind a much improved Bengals line.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, kdko said:

Averaging 7 targets a week, and is the main target after Green.  I don't think he can be ignored now.  Think he's a safe WR3, that can easily put up WR2 numbers each week behind a much improved Bengals line.

If you guys read enough player threads you'll notice that every team in the league's secondary wideout is a WR3 in fantasy.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jujuonthebeat said:

If you guys read enough player threads you'll notice that every team in the league's secondary wideout is a WR3 in fantasy.

I guess so, but someone's gotta eat when Green is soaking up all the coverage, and Boyd looks to be that guy, and looked good tonight.  I'm keeping my eyes on anyone who's getting 9 targets.

1 minute ago, kdko said:

I guess so, but someone's gotta eat when Green is soaking up all the coverage, and Boyd looks to be that guy, and looked good tonight.  I'm keeping my eyes on anyone who's getting 9 targets.

He looked good tonight but he's definitely not a WR2/3, if he continues to fend off Ross (likely but not a guarantee) he's probably a low-end WR4.

3 minutes ago, jujuonthebeat said:

He looked good tonight but he's definitely not a WR2/3, if he continues to fend off Ross (likely but not a guarantee) he's probably a low-end WR4.

If he continues on averaging around 7 targets a game, and still produces his career average of 10ypr, he'd be pulling 17PPG in PPR.  It's his third year in the league (which is when WR's supposedly turn the corner), and Cincy finally seems to have a decent o-line and run game.  I don't think WR3 is a stretch by any means, and he's the #2 target on a much improved Cincinnati offense.  0 sacks on Dalton tonight from what was supposed to be a good Ravens defense.

Edited by kdko

1 minute ago, kdko said:

If he continues on averaging around 7 targets a game, and still produces his career average of 10ypr, he'd be pulling 17PPG in PPR.  It's his third year in the league (which is when WR's supposedly turn the corner), and Cincy finally seems to have a decent o-line and run game.  I don't think WR3 is a stretch by any means, and he's the #2 target on a much improved Cincinnati offense.  0 sacks on Dalton tonight from what was supposed to be a good Ravens defense.

You don't score points for targets, even in PPR, which isn't standard. Your math is off one way or another. 7 catches per game + 70 yards = 14 points. WR3 is, in fact, a stretch.

Just now, jujuonthebeat said:

You don't score points for targets, even in PPR, which isn't standard. Your math is off one way or another. 7 catches per game + 70 yards = 14 points. WR3 is, in fact, a stretch.

I realized that as soon as I posted and was scrambling to put the numbers together :lol:  if both he and the Bengals keep trending in this direction though and he receives around the same amount of looks as Green (which he did tonight), i don't think WR3 is out of the question at all.

Wow, finally had time to see the game but how good did this guy look on his catches? 14 targets in 2 games to Green's 17? Third year WR?

I'm starting to take this kid a bit more seriously. No wide open spots on my bench right now, which is a shame, but he's on my watch list.

3 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Wow, finally had time to see the game but how good did this guy look on his catches? 14 targets in 2 games to Green's 17? Third year WR?

I'm starting to take this kid a bit more seriously. No wide open spots on my bench right now, which is a shame, but he's on my watch list.

Again I'd say he's a low-end WR4 but he looked good, he's obviously skilled, reads the ball well and has good hands. He'll basically be used the same way they used LaFell.