J.T. Marlin

Andy Dalton 2018 Outlook

Just now, Edgeraid said:

Looking forward to removing this bum from my roster this week. Best possible matchup you can get and this guy lays a dud. Guess I'm not surprised, though. 

this dude stinks - I don't care what the stats say.  Did you see his body language once they got down two scores?  You knew they weren't going to win the game at that point.

Then it avalanched and he threw that awful pick-6.  He cant perform in any type of pressurized situation.  He was in a gold spot versus the a  bottom 4 pass defense and  took a dump all over the field on national tv.

• Haha 1

Statistically last night may have been a good matchup, but on the road at Arrowhead has to be taken into consideration. 

At home vs. TB is a much safer play.

26 minutes ago, Cord said:

Statistically last night may have been a good matchup, but on the road at Arrowhead has to be taken into consideration. 

At home vs. TB is a much safer play.

I have Wilson and Dalton too and will go with Wilson this weekend @ Detroit. Can't trust Dalton, but won't drop him yet. He'll have some huge games still.

46 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

I have Wilson and Dalton too and will go with Wilson this weekend @ Detroit. Can't trust Dalton, but won't drop him yet. He'll have some huge games still.

If you’re not going to start Dalton at home against TB, then why bother roster him? I get being hesitant,  but it doesn’t get any better then this matchup wise...

5 minutes ago, Jrod124 said:

If you’re not going to start Dalton at home against TB, then why bother roster him? I get being hesitant,  but it doesn’t get any better then this matchup wise...

Opponent needs to stream a QB this weekend...don't wanna give him a good player. I still might go with Dalton this week over Wilson.

Forgot that Bucs are ranked 32nd and allow 31ppg in standard..

• Like 1

Andy Dalton is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. It is completely random.

This was common knowledge 4 years ago

2 hours ago, tpat30 said:

Opponent needs to stream a QB this weekend...don't wanna give him a good player. I still might go with Dalton this week over Wilson.

Forgot that Bucs are ranked 32nd and allow 31ppg in standard..

Makes sense

Well KC is right up there with TB in defense and they pressured him and dalton did horrible. TB just lost LB Alexander for the year and G.Mccoy might miss this matchup. But if they pressure Dalton this week again he’ll probably do bad

Edited by JrsKars

On 10/23/2018 at 2:00 PM, Jrod124 said:

This is true. Unfortunately for me, i have Winston and luck as well. How I ended up with 3 qbs i have no clue.

I feel dalton will do a manageable job this week. Id say around 15-18 points. Im going to the other side of the ball with winston. Both teams are a couple of turnovers apart defensively and I feel you want to go with the guy who has to pass the most. TB d is so bad, it could keep winston running and gunning, 0 run game and good wr weapons. Same as dalton, just more upside.

Also, my opponent has Djax, I rather score some points on his wr scoring than earn an extra 4-7 with dalton since i have ajg.

If people are benching Dalton, the only reason is a better option or playing against the opponent. If your just upset because of the stinker last week (I played dalton and lost by 1), your memory isnt short enough for fantasy football. 

Streaming him for this week (DeShaun Bye) v NO.

Seems like a good matchup, but without AJGreen, he has been known to struggle. Any thoughts on his outlook this week?? 

Edited by DrRazvi

1 hour ago, DrRazvi said:

Streaming him for this week (DeShaun Bye) v NO.

Seems like a good matchup, but without AJGreen, he has been known to struggle. Any thoughts on his outlook this week?? 

He has definitely started to struggle as of late and he continues to lose weapons with Green being the biggest and most recent blow. I believe he gets Bernard back so there is that. I am sure it would not shock anyone if he crapped the bed, but I doubt you will find a better streaming option this week.

Dalton needs to be giving AJG a monthly cut of his salary. Dude wouldn't still be be in the league if it wasn't for him. 

25 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

Out for year.  

If you were relying on him still chances are your fantasy season is basically already over. He was my backup since he showed flashes but even then he underperformed in some juicy matchups. He isn't horrible but he is a below average starting QB and not a top 15 fantasy QB

1 minute ago, Jaw1 said:

If you were relying on him still chances are your fantasy season is basically already over. He was my backup since he showed flashes but even then he underperformed in some juicy matchups. He isn't horrible but he is a below average starting QB and not a top 15 fantasy QB

Agreed towards 1QB leagues...but those in 2QB or Superflex leagues have a big loss here. It also has an impact on all Bengals position players as well. 

1 minute ago, Corleone said:

Agreed towards 1QB leagues...but those in 2QB or Superflex leagues have a big loss here. It also has an impact on all Bengals position players as well. 

Yeah true. If you can manage to grab Driskel there may not be a drop off from a fantasy perspective with his rushing ability. Mixon, Green and Boyd take significant hits especially if Bengals start to mail-it in. 

• Like 1

I know this may be ahead of the curve...

Say the Bengals release him this offseason, where would he end up? NYG, MIA & JAX would seem to be at the top of the list

I did a check on the Bengals performance the last time Dalton got injured late in the season. In 2015, they were 10-2 going into Week 13. Then Dalton got hurt early in their game against Pittsburgh. Here were stats for their key offensive players the rest of the way (I'm listing Jeremy Hill as he led the league in rush TD's that season), with AJ McCarron at the helm...

--Week 13 vs. PIT (loss)
Bernard: 6-40-0 rushing & 3-27-0 receiving

J.Hill: 4-4-0 rushing & 2-8-0 receiving

Green: 5-115-1 receiving

M.Jones: 6-61-0 receiving

--Week 14 at SF (win)

Bernard: 14-33-0 rushing & 4-18-0 receiving

J.Hill: 19-31-2 rushing

Green: 1-37-0 receiving

M.Jones: 4-89-0 receiving

--Week 15 at DEN (loss)

Bernard: 8-14-0 rushing & 4-29-0 receiving

J.Hill: 19-63-0 rushing & 2 - -2 - 0 receiving

Green: 5-57-1 receiving

M.Jones: 3-33-0 receiving

--Week 16 vs BAL (win)

Bernard: 6-36-0 rushing & 1-12-0 receiving

J.Hill: 16-96-1 rushing & 2-19-0 receiving

Green: 4-34-1 receiving

M.Jones: 5-38-0 receiving

What does all of this mean? Perhaps not much. 2015 is not 2018. Driskel is not McCarron. But lots of personnel on the team remains the same, so figured I'd take a look at the prior stats. The Bengals were a good team in 2015, at 10-2 before the injury, and the Dalton injury left them at 2-2 after. They're not a good team right now, as they're on a losing streak and also have The Curse of Hue Jackson working against them (yes, he was the OC back in 2015). 

With all that said, Green had a big first game with AJ in 2015, though that was where AJ was inserted after injury. The three games where teams had a chance to game plan against AJ were not as good for Green...only 128 yards over 3 games. But he did score 2 TD's. Jones was not much of a factor. As for the running game, Bernard was not a factor either but Jeremy Hill was able to produce two strong fantasy games. 

33 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

I know this may be ahead of the curve...

Say the Bengals release him this offseason, where would he end up? NYG, MIA & JAX would seem to be at the top of the list

I think he will be released in the offseason...and my prediction is Oakland (who cuts Carr), so that Jon Gruden can reunite Dalton & McCarron. 

Okay maybe that's a little far-fetched (even for Jon Gruden). Without looking at salary cap numbers, I'd throw the Redskins in as a dark horse, IF they retain Jay Gruden AND Alex Smith isn't able to play again (Gruden used to be Dalton's OC in Cinci). But I'll go ahead and predict Jacksonville. They still have 2 years I believe tied up in Bortles, but they definitely are done with him as their starter. 

Edited by Corleone