Sign in to follow this  
l.pizzigoni

Dynasty Trade Advise Guice for C Davis and R Freeman or Rojo WHIR

Im in a 16 team dynasty league.  I have Guice and someone is looking to give me C Davis and either R Freeman oe Rojo for him.  Thoughts?

My team is as follows:

QB : Newton, Ryan

RB: Kamara, Guice, Montegomery, Ballage, Walton, Rawls

WR: Baldwin, D Thomas, Crowder, Z Jones, Chark, Darboh, Scott

TE: Graham, ASJ, Goedert

Should I make the trade and if so which RB

That's a very tough one for me.

I think I'd lean to making the trade.   Although we've never seen these rookie RBs on the field, it seems like Guice is head and shoulders above Freeman and Rojo.

And he's in a better situation.

But Davis seems to be the real deal even though we also haven't seen him for a true full season.    And he could be your WR1 this season.   Especially with potential Baldwin injury.   

And you have the longevity of WR vs RB.  

As to which RB...that's also difficult.   Both could be in split backfields.    Rojo is the more electric runner.   Freeman is reportedly not great but very good at all aspects.

I'd probably lean Jones.

But it's very fair trade.  

Yeah I agree, that is tough. Guice is the best player in that group with the most upside, but I think Freeman & Jones could be pretty solid as well. And C Davis looks like he really could be a top 10 WR in the making. So because you get 2 solid dynasty players in return, I think I would probably take it and go with Jones. I really think Jones could be a special RB given the opportunity.

Please help with mine. Thanks.

• Like 1

Take Rojo, he is going to be a very good player in a very good offense, plus Corey Davis is 1 year removed from being a consensus top 3 rookie pick. FWIW my rookie rankings are:

1. Barkley 2. Guice 3. Rojo, Freeman has some upside for this year but so did all the other RBs Denver has drafted since Montee Ball, that situation seems like a full blown timeshare to me.

2 hours ago, l.pizzigoni said:

Im in a 16 team dynasty league.  I have Guice and someone is looking to give me C Davis and either R Freeman oe Rojo for him.  Thoughts?

My team is as follows:

QB : Newton, Ryan

RB: Kamara, Guice, Montegomery, Ballage, Walton, Rawls

WR: Baldwin, D Thomas, Crowder, Z Jones, Chark, Darboh, Scott

TE: Graham, ASJ, Goedert

Should I make the trade and if so which RB

Guice is the best player in the deal, keep him

With the size of your league, I think I'd do it.  I'm torn on which back, however.  Personally, I lean Freeman, but Jones could be just as good (or better).  Your choice.

I think your WR depth is stronger than RB depth so its hard for me to recommend downgrading at RB in favor of WR but for a 16 team league that seems like great value especially since Guice being better than Jones or Freeman is pretty much all speculation at this point and Davis looks like he could vault into WR2 category.