NYR Fan 116894

Aaron Rodgers 2018 Outlook

I just don’t really have anyone in my bench I want to drop for a QB that may or may not do better than ARod. Hopefully he gets some of that same adrenaline he had last week. 

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Aaron Rodgers' knee injury could take "a couple of months" to heal.

Rodgers' knee injury has been described as "unusual." While tests cleared him of any ligament damage, he's still feeling the effects of a "compression injury from blunt force while bent." None of it sounds promising, though the hard-nosed Rodgers plans on gutting it out. Schefter was told by a source that Rodgers "shouldn't have played last week and shouldn't play now, but he likely will." That same source cautions that the star quarterback could be on a relatively "short leash," though after seeing what Rodgers accomplished last week against the Bears, it's hard to doubt him, even at much less than 100 percent.

That vaguely reminds me of a PCL injury, but it's been awhile since I looked up that stuff.

Edited by Robrain

2 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

This makes me want to play Rodgers even more. The announcers will be talking about how amazing he is playing with a banged up knee. Rodgers eats this stuff up. 

Edited by ufcrules1

7 minutes ago, Sweetness09 said:

I just don’t really have anyone in my bench I want to drop for a QB that may or may not do better than ARod. Hopefully he gets some of that same toradol he had last week. 

Fixed that for you. ;)

Fox is showing an interview between Rodgers and his ex-GF, Erin Andrews, at halftime!  That's gotta be awkward!  lol

Edited by gbill2004

I'm playing Allison as well. Rhodes will probably shut down Adams, so Rodgers will be looking to Cobb/Allison/Graham in this one. 

2 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

Rodgers looked fine today.  Much ado made over nothing.

Not great fantasy output but it was the Vikings. Important thing is he made it out unscathed. 

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Not great fantasy output but it was the Vikings. Important thing is he made it out unscathed. 

I agree with you there, but he didnt look injured and Im not concerned going forward.

Could have easily had another td if adams didnt drop one in the end zone.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

I agree with you there, but he didnt look injured and Im not concerned going forward.

Could have easily had another td if adams didnt drop one in the end zone.  

And one was taken away on a penalty so could have been 3 TDs

I have some interesting trades where I can get Rodgers for cheap. It feels so right but this injury is scary. ROS would you trust he plays all games?

6 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Just went from healthy to questionable in Yahoo. Not fully unexpected, but still :s

Aaron Rodgers said there's "concern" his knee injury could get worse.

"Obviously that's a concern," Rodgers said after missing Wednesday's practice. "Hopefully it goes the other way." Rodgers looked noticeably limited against the Vikings and confirmed he's still not 100 percent. The Packers are scaling back Rodgers' practice reps to avoid setbacks, but he's going to continue playing through his knee sprain in Week 3.

Source: ESPN
Sep 19 - 6:10 PM

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

that blurb oozes of Shefter or whoever reported it wanted to post something on a slow news day.  basically states the obvious.  of course there is concern, just like everyone else in the NFL who is dinged up is concerned the injury could get worse.  we'll be going through this probably for most of the season, he will be limited practice each week, and then come out and play and on weeks he does great the story will be how great Rodgers is and he transcends the position and he is so gutsy, and when he is mediocore or bad it will be he is hampered.

i love Rodgers to death as a QB but we all have seen how he loves his hero narratives and this is just another one of those

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guy with injured knee is actually still injured and not 100%? Captain obvious reporting there.

21 minutes ago, Starvela said:

Anybody worried his knee could get worse...?

No

Doctors aren't worried, so neither am I.

On 9/19/2018 at 10:04 AM, Boudewijn said:

Just went from healthy to questionable in Yahoo. Not fully unexpected, but still :s

Fwiw the probable tag doesn’t exist anymore

7 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Fwiw the probable tag doesn’t exist anymore

Yup. It would be really nice if they can bring that back.

8 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

Not even a little Saturday update? Lol 

Last I saw was a post before Saturday stating he was expected to practice today, so no news is good news

10 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Last I saw was a post before Saturday stating he was expected to practice today, so no news is good news

I would concur with this.