The Mad Dog

Jacksonville Jaguars 2018 Outlook

On 11/26/2018 at 4:23 PM, K197040 said:

You guys should just agree to disagree.   This is one of those debates where no side will admit defeat.

Rodgers or Brady

Sanders or Smith

Bortles or Bridgewater

C’mon dude, everyone knows Sanders is better than Smith. 🙄

18 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

C’mon dude, everyone knows Sanders is better than Smith. 🙄

I know.   I just couldn't quickly think of another one.   That wasn't really the point.

• Haha 1

These guys would get 0 pts @ the Bills and 21 pts vs the Colts :lol:.

They get @Titans, Redskins, and @Dolphins for the playoffs. They seem to rotate doing well at home and sucking a** on the road fwiw. I don't if there is any science to that tho. Maybe the whole defense bonds and gets wasted on Saturday night during road trips. Next game is Thursday so there is that.

Edited by King Gonzo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

One of these reporters needs to man up and ask them how it feels to be bent over on the national stage.

On 12/3/2018 at 12:38 PM, King Gonzo said:

They get @Titans, Redskins, and @Dolphins for the playoffs. They seem to rotate doing well at home and sucking a** on the road fwiw. I don't if there is any science to that tho. Maybe the whole defense bonds and gets wasted on Saturday night during road trips. Next game is Thursday so there is that.

Home va. Away scoring confirmed tonight. So who’s rolling them out with confidence next week? 😂

On 12/3/2018 at 2:38 PM, King Gonzo said:

Damn club going up. On a Wednesday...

Jalen Ramsey is an absolute turd. Amazing how quickly some CB's that talk can't back it up and quickly go back to being jokes.

• Like 2

Hard to be an elite real life defense or fantasy defense when your offense is one of the worst in the NFL. 

11 minutes ago, HTM said:

Hard to be an elite real life defense or fantasy defense when your offense is one of the worst in the NFL. 

The team's identity is to win with defense. They aren't doing that. And haven't been doing that most of the season.

So they get Sanchize next week at home, with extra rest, after being embarrassed on National TV.

I picked up their D/ST specifically to start them next week... bounce back game or have they thrown in the towel?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

So they get Sanchize next week at home, with extra rest, after being embarrassed on National TV.

I picked up their D/ST specifically to start them next week... bounce back game or have they thrown in the towel?

I got them too just for that game. Hard to see Sanchez be successful against JAX D even with their inconsistency. Too many injuries on the Oline and he's only been with the team a few weeks. As safe as you can get with a DEF for week 15 in my opinion.

2 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I am hoping they have a tiny bit of pride and take it out on Mark Sanchez.  I am still using them 100%, its hard to think that grown adult athletes who are paid millions will have a performance like we just watched twice in a row especially considering their competition will feature Mark Sanchez at the helm and a 50 year old RB in AP with backups on O-line. 

The Titans always play pretty well at home so I knew this wouldn't be a great spot for their D but they certainly could have surprised with at least a mediocre game last night.  That was dreadful. 

Edited by Zak0221

Doesn't matter what kind of defense you have if your offense is horrible...see the Denver Broncos for the past 2 seasons or Cardinals, etc.

Bortles wasn't a top 10 QB, but he sure gave Jags life it seemed on offense. He could hit Westbrook, Cole, or Moncrief for big plays. Kessler doesn't really seem to be doing that. Or they aren't calling the plays for him enough.

They are just too dependent on LF now, and it's killing their FF all around. Hit and miss I guess with JAX players and defense, but I wouldn't feel confident starting anyone on that team....including LF.

Edited by FooserX

4 minutes ago, FooserX said:

Doesn't matter what kind of defense you have if your offense is horrible...see the Denver Broncos for the past 2 seasons or Cardinals, etc.

Bortles wasn't a top 10 QB, but he sure gave Jags life it seemed on offense. He could hit Westbrook, Cole, or Moncrief for big plays. Kessler doesn't really seem to be doing that. Or they aren't calling the plays for him enough.

They are just too dependent on LF now, and it's killing their FF all around. Hit and miss I guess with JAX players and defense, but I wouldn't feel confident starting anyone on that team....including LF.

This really isn't a valid excuse for the Jags. Their team is built to win around the defense and ball control on the offense. The offense relies on the defense to keep the score low, game close, and improve field position either by backing the opposing offense up or producing a turnover. The Jags fail to do any of that in most road games this season and most of their games.

I don't really understand it. Obviously the Jags defense can show up like last week against the Colts. But then it appears like they have given up and quit other weeks or like this week. The Jags made zero effort on defense last night with their tackling.

9 minutes ago, devaster said:

This really isn't a valid excuse for the Jags. Their team is built to win around the defense and ball control on the offense. The offense relies on the defense to keep the score low, game close, and improve field position either by backing the opposing offense up or producing a turnover. The Jags fail to do any of that in most road games this season and most of their games.

I don't really understand it. Obviously the Jags defense can show up like last week against the Colts. But then it appears like they have given up and quit other weeks or like this week. The Jags made zero effort on defense last night with their tackling.

It looks like they have quit on their coach

23 minutes ago, FooserX said:

I still think the Jags have a good defense and yes maybe they played over their head last season with an easy schedule (easiest 2017 SOS) but I had no clue that the team would drop off this much. Hindsight is 20/20 but I think general consensus is that the Jags made a mistake drafting LF over Mahomes and sticking with Bortles. Hell they drafted a frickin' punter over Russell Wilson in 2011 (To their credit Bryan Anger is actually a really good punter).

On a side note I continue to not understand why teams keep taking RBs in the draft with such high picks. Yeah LF was awesome in college but was it really worth a top 10 pick? He is not going to transform a bumbling offense on his own. Just look at an example of these RBs picked outside the 1st round: Kamara, Bell, Hunt, Mixon, Cook, Johnson, etc.... Unless the team is in an obvious good situation and the RB is clearly great, for example the Cowboys drafting Zeke in 2016, then I think far more often than not it's a wasted pick.

I still don't understand why they did not even make an attempt to keep Allen Robinson on the team and let him just walk right out the door. ARob is clearly better than all of their other WRs and they had the cap space to get a deal done.

11 hours ago, devaster said:

Jalen Ramsey is an absolute turd. Amazing how quickly some CB's that talk can't back it up and quickly go back to being jokes.

Check this out, credit to the Jags reddit page for this gem.

11 hours ago, devaster said:

Amazing how quickly some CB's that talk can't back it up and quickly go back to being jokes.

I'd absolutely love to hear how this relates to Jalen Ramsey...

Absolutely atrocious performance by the defense - I can’t remember the last time I saw an entire unit look less interested in doing anything of value for the team.  How has another coach (DC, HC, etc.) not been fired yet?

This defense is such a joke. It is like sweating my DFS team with LeBron where he coasts half the game giving minimal effort then turns up to the max at other times. These guys have a lot of talented players on defense so I do not know what their problem is other than just not caring at all.

As far as this whole "what now Ramsey?" rhetoric, I think its laughable. I don't remember Ramsey getting stiff armed by Henry on a 99 yard TD run. I don't remember Ramsey tackling Corey Davis and getting a PI to avoid a long touchdown because he got burned by him. I don't remember Ramsey getting blown by some scrub Bills WR for a 75 yard TD.. I mean I guess he could have made a play on Henry's last TD run so there is that, but I mean this guy ran for 250 yards. I don't know how you can put that on the guy whose main job is to shadow the team's best WR (who by the way had 2 catches for 21 yards).

I am not gonna back thru all his games and see who he is giving up catches to, but some WRs line from this year:

Hilton 8/77/0 (watched some of highlights, caught a lot in the slot when Ramsey wasn't even on him)

Benjamin 1/32/0 (okay that barely counts)

Brown 5/117/1 (honestly idk what happened on the 78 yard TD; he lined up on Brown so Brown either blew by him or they were playing zone and the guy right next to Brown when he made the catch collided with another Steelers WR and fell over which resulted in Brown basically walking into the end zone with no one near him)

Hilton 3/77/0

Jeffrey 4/35/0

Hopkins 3/50/1

Gallup? 1/27/0

Hill 4/61/0

Enunwa? 4/66/0

Davis 2/34/0

Gronk (I think) 2/15/0

OBJ 11/111/0 (not gonna bother watching but I am sure he was in slot a lot)

PFF rank #20

I know Ramsey is the face of this defense and talks all this trash and they went on to be pretty terrible all year as a unit, but I think he has played fairly well most of the year.

As far as their DST goes, well they should shutdown the Redskins at home next week then get lit up by the Dolphins to close out the year.....right?

I think we saw a young team that had a lot of success last year and felt they “arrived”. Bortles playing poorly and the Fournette injury killed the offense obviously but they completely crumbled and fractured early in the year when things went bad. Tells me there isn’t much discipline or leadership. Plenty of talent but I think they need to find a coach/quarterback combination they can feel good about.