Sign in to follow this  
RedDogNamedClippers

Collin Sexton 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I've noticed that he goes probably last or 2nd to last of the rookies in the mock drafts. Are the hopes for him not that high? All he has in front of him is George Hill (if they don't buy him out) but I don't see how he doesn't get minutes. I know everybody hates summer league, but he scored 19/3/3 on 42% with almost a steal per game. Do we honestly think Cleveland is going to push Hill to 30mpg and not let Sexton get minutes? I think Sexton can do way better than the 12th/13th round he is being drafted at in the mocks.

I was surprised by this as well, im a fan and will be targeting him. I see him over taking hill by mid season.

It helps that the cavs love him too so they arent going to waste a player like that.

I can see a 11-13 ppg to go along with 3 boards and 4 assists per game, maybe a steal but not as likely. His percentages could be an issue though

I love this guy's last name. Sexton, with hard emphasis on Seks. It's like music to my ears everytime I hear his name, Sexton. I can mention his last name all day long, Sexton. Just for his awesome last name alone, Sexton, Im picking him 5th round or below in Standard leagues. But with cleveland being liberated from blackhole lebron offense Sexton might even reach 4th round value or better because he'll prolly get Sexton of opportunites. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, chopper said:

I love this guy's last name. Sexton, with hard emphasis on Seks. It's like music to my ears everytime I hear his name, Sexton. I can mention his last name all day long, Sexton. Just for his awesome last name alone, Sexton, Im picking him 5th round or below in Standard leagues. But with cleveland being liberated from blackhole lebron offense Sexton might even reach 4th round value or better because he'll prolly get Sexton of opportunites. 

You're right, Sexton is an awesome name, and he probably will get a bunch of opportunities, but that efficiency will definitely not feel like sex when he tanks you for the week.

However, I do like him a lot long term.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, chopper said:

.....because he'll prolly get Sexton of opportunites. 

Great line, keep them coming, haha.

• Haha 1

On 8/7/2018 at 12:20 AM, chopper said:

I love this guy's last name. Sexton, with hard emphasis on Seks.

Having Love and Sexton on the same team is kind of awesome...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He'll make a good 6th man some day.  He can't run an offense to save his life though.  He has that whole him scoring is the first, second and third option mentality.

• Haha 1

Dropped him for Derrick white. He’s too raw imo. Avg 0.8 steals in college, barely any threes and not a playmaker yet. He’s basically a clarkson of pg’s with explosiveness to their games. 

Dropping him for Portis. I don’t think he’s done enough to warrent a roster spot in a 12 team league and I have Mark so it makes sense as a handcuff 

3 consecutive double digit scoring and 2 games with at least 4 assists. do you guys think he can have more decent statlines when he take over the starting pg from G. Hill?

6 hours ago, PAX said:

3 consecutive double digit scoring and 2 games with at least 4 assists. do you guys think he can have more decent statlines when he take over the starting pg from G. Hill?

his game isn't fantasy friendly at all. I'd look elsewhere because his lines won't even be that good when he starts

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, panthers93 said:

his game isn't fantasy friendly at all. I'd look elsewhere because his lines won't even be that good when he starts

sadly i agree. even in preseason his stats were not fantasy friendly. all he does is score and he doesnt even do that well.

• Like 1

cavs just fired ty lue. still curious how the new coach will handle this kid's playstyle

I don’t know much about Sexton but looking at his college stats, he doesn’t jump out at me as being outstanding.

am I missing something?

why are the Cavs going all in on this guy? Unless they’re aiming for the number 1 pick next year

Edited by jim james
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, jim james said:

I don’t know much about Sexton but looking at his college stats, he doesn’t jump out at me as being outstanding.

am I missing something?

why are the Cavs going all in on this guy? Unless they’re aiming for the number 1 pick next year

For fantasy right now, he is a scorer who gets to the line, but does not really provide steals, threes, and average assists for a point guard.  He is Derrick Rose like.

In real life, it remains to be seen what he will be ultimately.  With the Cavs not having a lot of young talent that you can really build around, it would be in their best interest to go all in to see what they got with him.  Hard to really know yet if it is mistake with only being six games into his career.  They need to be bad to keep their pick (they lose it to the Hawks if it is outside the top 10) so it is in their best interest to be bad anyway.

Anyone watch the last few Cavs game? Is Sexton really this FT anchor of a player getting to the line at a good clip and hitting his attempts or a fluke? Wasn’t really drawing fouls in summer league or preseason.