Sign in to follow this  
RedDogNamedClippers

Collin Sexton 2018-2019 Season Outlook

do we give this joker a chance to redeem himself? now that hill is out for the next few weeks

I dunno, man.  If your PG is giving you ONE assist in 42 minutes, he better give you 25 points, too.  Or three threes.  Or 7 boards.  Or two steals.  Or ******** something.  Not 15 points with two rebounds and a block.  The guy just doesn't give you s---.

I think he's worth a speculative add.  Yes, he's a PG only averaging 2.1 assists per game which sucks. But given he's 19 years old , his NBA career is less than a month old and he's the only long term option at PG you have to think they're going to give him  every chance to succeed and his numbers are only going to get better.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jmoney23 said:

What’s his value with Hill out at least 2 weeks? Should get a ton of burn at PG and will help anyone who needs scoring...anyone think he can get some low end stocks or assists? Are 4 assists per game attainable in 33-35minutes?

Honestly in 35 mpg he's still probably not worth owning, his per 36s are that bad

I read that his teammates are upset with him because he’s that bad of a basketball player.  They say he doesn’t know how to play. When you watch YouTube highlights it’s all just him scoring but no assists really.

1 hour ago, bhkim814 said:

This team is a mess lol

Look at Nance blaming Sexton :lol:

and that's the bucket that beat the Cavs (Cavs lost by 1 lol)

but that wasn't even Sexton's fault, it appeared to be Clarkson's man and TT didnt even look around to box anyone out.  The Cavs players need to direct their losing rage at someone else--not Sexton FFS.

Edited by summersoff7

On 11/10/2018 at 12:21 AM, Tom Chambers said:

I dunno, man.  If your PG is giving you ONE assist in 42 minutes, he better give you 25 points, too.  Or three threes.  Or 7 boards.  Or two steals.  Or ******** something.  Not 15 points with two rebounds and a block.  The guy just doesn't give you s---.

he's surrounded by trash shooters too though.

Finally starting to come to life with Hill injured. Anyone buying into his ROS potential?

Its really hard to imagine him going inside top 100, due to his %fg low stocks and to... Not really high on him, even with 35 minutes.

• Like 2

I think for this season at least Sexton is only really going to fit 8/9cat builds that punt efficiency.  Fair enough for a rookie PG I guess. 

The team situation for this kid though is horrible.  A temporary coach, their gameplan is crap, their best player is injured long term (and past his best?), the roster makeup isn't great which includes JR Smith being around, and half the guys don't play defense.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if this organization ruins this kid.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam

9 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

Totally agree with his veteran teammates, he can't play basketball at all

he's the only one doing anything on the floor lol

he can really score... if he did literally anything else, he would be valuable.  and he's only a few games into his career. i'm tempted to stash and see what he does.

1 minute ago, COBBLEPOT said:

whatsup with the GTD tag in yahoo? 

minor hip injury, suffered it early in the game and played through it so it shouldnt be too serious

34 minutes ago, LuN said:

Is GHill returning gonna affect him?

I dunno.But most of these games he hasnt even played the fourth which i find idiotic. 

1 hour ago, LuN said:

Is GHill returning gonna affect him?

It shouldnt. If it does, Cavs are worse off than we thought

13 hours ago, stickman786 said:

I dunno.But most of these games he hasnt even played the fourth which i find idiotic. 

it’s because the cavs are bein blown out 

i doubt if george hill affects his value .. hopefully coach continues starting sexton, as he is their primary building block 

5 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Haven't watched him play. Who is a good comp?

A bigger, taller Ish Smith?