Sign in to follow this  
RedDogNamedClippers

Tyreke Evans 2018-2019 Season Outlook

13 minutes ago, alexstr said:

His fate isn't sealed but he's the 4th guard and the Pacers are winning.

You're just assuming he's gonna jump from 20 mpg to 28 mpg why?

Doesn't matter if he's better or not, the coach will play who he wants to play. 

I never said that, you're making strawman arguments. My problem with posters on this thread is that we are not even 3 weeks in and people are dropping a guy with solid upside if he gets minutes. He's just moved to a new team and is probably still getting acclimated. His upside may be capped more than in Memphis, but to write him off and drop this early could bite you in the a** big time. Joseph is NOT good. He is an undersized guard who is NOT good at anything and could easily lose minutes to Tyreke. TBH I can see that happening, hence why im holding. Good luck to those that dropped though, I really hope he eventually balls out while you sit there with Wes Matthews or Trey Lyles lmao

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Uh are we still holding onto this guy? 

Feel like even streaming can get more production out of his spot (H2H 12 team) 

Dropped today. Great player if he can get the minutes however unless someone gets injured he won't be a starter or get the minutes he needs to perform. 

On 11/4/2018 at 11:49 AM, colepenhagen said:

how in the world is he not getting 25-28 min a night?

Playoff strategy,  keep him fresh 

He's so in-synch with Sabonis it's palpable when they're on the court together, the more Sabonis breaks-out the more chance of minutes Tyreke has. 

2 minutes ago, yeet said:

Is he still rosterable in 10-12 team leagues?

10 no. 12 probably would be better to open for a streaming spot. Just keep an eye on him. If he can get the minutes he'll blow up. 

3 hours ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

Keep the faith Tyreke & Sabonis will start, remember it's only early November!

It seems to me the coach just doesn't like him. He is productive in his mins, but his mins are just so low. Nate seems like a guy that would really get pissed with people showing up late and stuff. Fair enough too. You're paid millions to do play sport for a living and you can't be bothered showing up to training on time? He'll probably bust out a little at some stage this year, but doesn't look like it will be soon. I'd say drop and watch - still too many decent streaming options or guys nearly returning from injury (2Bog, Barton, Lauri, White, Dunn, etc...if any are available).

I dropped him a week ago hoping me dropping him would at least inspire production from him for the rest of the week...didn't work though. I think I'm losing my powers

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Have no idea what to do with this guy. Can’t trade him, no minutes, but so much upside if he does get the minutes at some point. 

It seems like Tyreke has many paths to minutes.

He's been playing exclusively SG and SF. Last year, however, he logged a lot of time at PG as well. Could he play the point in Indiana?

In any case, injuries to any of the following players I would think would help Tyreke: Collison, Joseph, Oladipo, Bojan, Doug MCD.

5 hours ago, Axl15 said:

So you would pick him up if someone dropped him in 16 team league?

ya 16+ should warrant a flier. I doubt you have better options on WW anyway.

We all know this guy can ball. He just doesnt have the minutes.

12 team is a drop. Probably got guys like Shai, Derrick White, TJ Warren and Cook on the wire.

6 hours ago, Axl15 said:

So you would pick him up if someone dropped him in 16 team league?

Just look at all the people picking up guys like Collin Sexton, who puts up garbage fantasy stats. You're hoping these waiver rookies that aren't producing now will give you a couple months of solid production later in the season. Now do you really think Tyreke, who is a proven fantasy commodity, isn't going to give you 2 months of Top 70 production, whether in Indiana or somewhere else?

I mean if I were playing H2H I'd have dropped him a while ago because you need all your roster spots all season long, but in roto he's a strong hold depending what your wire looks like.

Thought so.

Just needed little push after those comments about his form.

Thanks all!

Big chance to prove himself if Oladipo is actually out tonight...

Victor Oladipo (bruised left knee) is questionable to face the Heat on Friday.

This may have been from contact against the 76ers on Wednesday night, and it's coming on the NBA's official injury report. We should get another update on Oladipo shortly, but he's not in a back-to-back set for a big road game in Miami. If for some reason he can't go, Tyreke Evans would benefit most even though he may not start. Check back soon.

Idk, seems like a good strategy by the Pacers to limit Tyreke to 19-20 minutes a night when everyone's healthy--then unleash him periodically in situations like this when a key starter is on the shelf.

1 hour ago, backyardballer said:

Big chance to prove himself if Oladipo is actually out tonight...

Victor Oladipo (bruised left knee) is questionable to face the Heat on Friday.

This may have been from contact against the 76ers on Wednesday night, and it's coming on the NBA's official injury report. We should get another update on Oladipo shortly, but he's not in a back-to-back set for a big road game in Miami. If for some reason he can't go, Tyreke Evans would benefit most even though he may not start. Check back soon.

1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Idk, seems like a good strategy by the Pacers to limit Tyreke to 19-20 minutes a night when everyone's healthy--then unleash him periodically in situations like this when a key starter is on the shelf.

I agree.  That's the problem: this is a good real life basketball move, so it's going to stick and it's going to suck for fantasy.

So, what to do with Tyreke? On the one hand hand this man is a proven fantasy stud but is not producing at all so far. Do you think he will turn it around or most importantly, will his minutes and usage eventuall increase? It's getting realy hard to hold him in a 12-team H2H league..

The only way this dude becomes relevant again is if Dipo went down. Owners shouid move on now and save themselves the agony.