Sign in to follow this  
RedDogNamedClippers

Tyreke Evans 2018-2019 Season Outlook

So what do we expect from him on this "loaded" (and I say that lightly) Pacers team? Is he in the C.J. Miles role or he gets a Lance Stephenson role and get to control the ball for the second unit? I don't expect 19/5/5 off the bench but plausible 15/4/4 on 45-47% can be feasible if he is on the court with Oladipo.

17 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

So what do we expect from him on this "loaded" (and I say that lightly) Pacers team? Is he in the C.J. Miles role or he gets a Lance Stephenson role and get to control the ball for the second unit? I don't expect 19/5/5 off the bench but plausible 15/4/4 on 45-47% can be feasible if he is on the court with Oladipo.

Question to add to this is

Can he take the starting PG role off Collison or stay as a 6th man role ?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dboong said:

I doubt he takes the starting role from Collison. Albeit, Tyreke Evans is a good distributor, I don't think he is better than Collison as far as setting up plays and being fairly focused on passing. If Evans start, they have nothing of punch coming off the bench. Pacers don't need Evans, Oladipo, Bojan, Young & Turner starting. Evans could fit the Ellis, Stephenson, Miles role off then bench, because when the starters rest he can still light it up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Interesting pick later in the draft that could return some decent value.  i like him in the second unit as well.  Whats the Pacers rotation this year?  

Collison / Dipo / Young / Bojan / Turner

With a second unit of Tyreke, Holiday, Sabonis, McDermott, O'uinn, Big Al.  

7 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

Interesting pick later in the draft that could return some decent value.  i like him in the second unit as well.  Whats the Pacers rotation this year?  

Collison / Dipo / Young / Bojan / Turner

With a second unit of Tyreke, Holiday, Sabonis, McDermott, O'uinn, Big Al.  

Like the look of the depth now, Al Jefferson is heading to china BTW

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dboong said:

I think they would slot him in at SG, since Bojan Bogdanovic is Bojan Bogdanovic.

8 hours ago, Meadowlark said:

I think they would slot him in at SG, since Bojan Bogdanovic is Bojan Bogdanovic.

Er, at SF. This is what happens when I post after midnight.

47 minutes ago, AndreSplash said:

Thank you didn’t see that merge.

one of those guys that I swear when ever I match up against him, he goes off that week

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Quazza said:

one of those guys that I swear when ever I match up against him, he goes off that week

Can relate to that, havent wanted to own him but also didnt want my opposition to either haha

• Like 2

Underrated pick up for the Pacers as they really needed another offensive player who can create his own shot but also hit the open man - nobody except Dipo could do that consistently last season.

Most of their bigs would rather pop than roll so the paint and corners should be wide open

• Like 1

15ppg totally seems reasonable.  With his new 3pt prowess, he finally has become a more modern player LOL.  Should just demolish most bench matchups.  I think he will fit better on the bench as well so he doesn't need to fight the starter ball handlers.  Staggering some of the starters with him would be good too.  Feels like him and Turner would be a good duo.  He's well rested after the Grizz sat him so much for random fake injuries.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest blurb got me hyped...

Pacers coach Nate McMillan has high hopes for Tyreke Evans this season.

Advice: "He shoots the 3-point ball pretty easily," McMillan said. "I think he can play three positions and I think he can defend those three positions. He has a guard’s skill but the size and strength to defend some of these forwards. You can take advantage of that." McMillan added that he thinks Evans is going to thrive in his offense even with Victor Oladipo getting "the lion's share of the touches."

• Thanks 1

I know, I know. Playing time. New team. Dipo. I get it.

But for a guy who last year went 20-5-6 as a starter, with 2.4 treys and a steal and good percentages, Reke seems to be flying under the radar.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

He can be a season saver given how low he is valued ATM. If he stays heathy he'll be a complete beast!

big if.

Tyreke slots into Lance's 22 minutes as 2nd unit lead guard, and he will also hopefully play backup PG, getting another 5 minutes there.

Tyreke is better than Lance in every way, and the words from Nate are encouraging. Let's just take a look at his skillset. Tyreke is the perfect pick-n-roll player. On a 2nd unit with the perfect PnR target in Sabonis. These guys will dine.

• Like 1