AndreSplash

Tyreke Evans 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I was lucky enough to draft Levert the round after Tyreke. But I did miss out on some wire pickups that seems way more consistent for now at least. At this point I almost rather pickup Barton and hold for 5-6 weeks than hoping Tyreke suddenly start getting 25-30mpg.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Maxemann said:

traded him + griffin for bledsoe + prince. glad he's gone now :D

This seems like a borderline veto-able trade in any competitive league...

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, alexstr said:

i thought so too, but griffins good start (and bledsoe wasnt that shiny) made it work.

35 minutes ago, alexstr said:

How? Evans was borderline top 50 last year even after the Grizz sat him for phantom injuries when they went tank mode. Griffin is hot. Prince is solid, but has TO issues, bledsoe is a beast. Its not that bad of a trade. If anything a decent buy-low on Evans.

trade Vetos are the dumbest thing in fantasy. Its just a bunch of whinny players that couldn't get involved in a trade themselves. If people are committed and it doesn't involve someone that has "switched off" on their team then all trades should go through. Chill on the trade vetos...so lame

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

How? Evans was borderline top 50 last year even after the Grizz sat him for phantom injuries when they went tank mode. Griffin is hot. Prince is solid, but has TO issues, bledsoe is a beast. Its not that bad of a trade. If anything a decent buy-low on Evans.

trade Vetos are the dumbest thing in fantasy. Its just a bunch of whinny players that couldn't get involved in a trade themselves. If people are committed and it doesn't involve someone that has "switched off" on their team then all trades should go through. Chill on the trade vetos...so lame

100% agree, that's a totally fine trade. Bledsoe and Griffin are both top 40 players, maybe Bledsoe is more of a top 35 and Blake top 45 but the switch is fine depending on your needs. Prince currently looks way better than Tyreke, but we're talking about a guy who has top 50-60 potential vs a guy who should have no problem in making at least the top 80. Absolutely no reason to veto.

Back to Tyreke, he'll be fine and will most likely have an increased role going forward. I don't think he has a high ceiling this year, but his floor as a top80-100 guy is pretty much guaranteed

• Like 1

He's an obvious hold but I don't like that he's getting 20 MPG while Cory Joseph is getting 25.

6th man on a s---y Memphis team with no Mike Conley is way different than 7th man on a good Indiana team with Oladipo and 2 other guards in front of you.

That being said, I hope he gets up to speed soon.  McMillan said he sees him playing 3 positions, so fingers crossed

• Like 1

I've heard that he is still being brought up to speed (explaining the lower minutes). He had a decent first three games so I'm holding. On the bright side he's not too off from last year on a per 36 basis.

• Like 1

You guys are right. Thank you. I’m gonna give him the rest of the week. There’s still guys on my wire that can break out...I’m hope he can get it going. 

1 hour ago, ghostofathousand_ said:

There’s still guys on my wire that can break out...

There is a guy already on on your team that can break the fu$k more than those fools on the wire...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The minutes suck but the Pacers haven't been involved in a single close game yet so I dunno.  If you drop Evans and he plays well tomorrow, are you gonna rush to pick him back up?  Yeah, probably, because he's only had one bad game thus far and has a proven track record of being a fantasy asset.  So until he's had a few bad games, where one good game wouldn't make you go crazy and try to get him, you should probably hold.

I've watched a few of the Indy games so far, and he doesn't look good at all. Multiple times he's attacked the rim and got nowhere

The two key factors to consider are minutes (23, 22, 22, 15) and injury history.  If someone on the WW doesn't have those things and seems to have a pathway to minutes, it makes sense to pull the trigger.  As others have mentioned, the Pacers aren't a lottery bound team like the Grizzlies with no quality players remaining.  

I'm holding right now....not much on the waiver and really his first couple of games were pretty solid.  Hopefully the minutes will increase a bit (especially after this last game!) and we'll see him approach last year's numbers.  I don't expect the same, but hopefully close.  He'd probably be one I drop if a great FA pops up though.

4 hours ago, alexstr said:

He's an obvious hold but I don't like that he's getting 20 MPG while Cory Joseph is getting 25.

6th man on a s---y Memphis team with no Mike Conley is way different than 7th man on a good Indiana team with Oladipo and 2 other guards in front of you.

That being said, I hope he gets up to speed soon.  McMillan said he sees him playing 3 positions, so fingers crossed

I'd just like to note that, as things progress, I think Joseph will continue to get minutes. But it'll be at the expense of Collison. I like all 3 players, but there's a decent bit of overlap with Collison and Joseph. Tyreke can do things neither of them can do.

• Like 2

He's a very good player, but right now his path to minutes isn't the best.

Who's in a competitive league should have the waiver quite dry by now, so dropping him now that he's still getting acclimated to the team and to the players is a mistake, that people will regret later.

3 hours ago, Highlander23 said:

I'm holding right now....not much on the waiver and really his first couple of games were pretty solid.  Hopefully the minutes will increase a bit (especially after this last game!) and we'll see him approach last year's numbers.  I don't expect the same, but hopefully close.  He'd probably be one I drop if a great FA pops up though.

Patience Young One GIF - Cat PatienceCat Cute GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Holding on. He's taken time to get going in the past. When he's going though, amazing value.

Should I drop him for Danilo Gallinari? Also in my F/A, Markieff Morris, Rodney McGruder, Cedi Osman, Dennis Schroder, TJ Warren, Marvin Bagley III, and Kent Bazemore are all available. Not sure if I should keep Tyreke Evans or drop for one of these guys in F/A.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DropOrHold said:

Should I drop him for Danilo Gallinari? Also in my F/A, Markieff Morris, Rodney McGruder, Cedi Osman, Dennis Schroder, TJ Warren, Marvin Bagley III, and Kent Bazemore are all available. Not sure if I should keep Tyreke Evans or drop for one of these guys in F/A.

AC forum

1 hour ago, DropOrHold said:

um what league is this??

• Like 2
  • Haha 3