AndreSplash

Tyreke Evans 2018-2019 Season Outlook

as per roto:

Tyreke Evans scored a season-high 23 points vs. the Heat on Friday, adding a season-high 10 rebounds with two assists, one block and five triples in 25 minutes.

That snaps a three-game streak of single-digit points. Coach Nate McMillan recently told Evans to stop making the extra pass when he’s wide open, adding that he wants Evans to be more like the player he was in Memphis. "It seems like he’s thinking too much at times out there and not reacting to what is happening," McMillan said. "We need to him to let his instincts take over. I trust his instincts." Victor Oladipo took it a step further, jokingly telling Evans to stop trying to be John Stockton. If tonight was an indication, it sure looks like Evans got the message.
  • Like 2

Held him for long. Just as i dropped him to  get Danny Green, he had a great game. Smh. I was able to grab Tyreke in another league just now tho.

38 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

He's been terrible. Why pick him up after 1 good game? 

Because the waivers is dry and we are dreaming of Memphis Tyreke to save us lol

2 minutes ago, royalm said:

Spineless

Adaptive!

Edited by bhkim814
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, royalm said:

Spineless

You watch your dirty mouth boy 

Edited by Gdupm6

Was tonight the night it clicked?? I hope so been dealing with this guy for a while, I just want him to produce lol

Man, I drafted this guy in the 7th round this year, then dropped with a heavy heart. He has all the tools, just needs to see daylight. 

Here's a worthwhile read to explain the situation. https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2018/11/15/nate-mcmillan-over-thinking-causing-indiana-pacers-tyreke-evans-become-robotic-vs-miami-heat/2015064002/

There is a slim possibility something clicked here. Worth a waiver. Tyreke plays tomorrow, so we will know very quickly what we have here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Not convinced. Cory Joseph still played more than him, Collison almost just as much pt with just 4 pts. If Tyreke isn't hot he won't touch 20mins on most nights. 

10 minutes ago, Raiiny said:

Not convinced. Cory Joseph still played more than him, Collison almost just as much pt with just 4 pts. If Tyreke isn't hot he won't touch 20mins on most nights. 

Tyreke is the better player by a mile, the cream rises to the top. It's November, please don't keep deluding yourself. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Raiiny said:

But just too much upside to wait and hope. I dropped him and picked him up the minute I saw this line. Type of game that might be a corner turner for him. If not I just stash and wait a little longer before cutting him again...but he's upside is too juicy over most of the current waiver/streaming options

• Like 3

12 shots tonight, 2 3’s, 25 minutes. As long as he stays aggressive, he will remain a hold, considering how thin the waiver wire typically is for PG’s. 

There are two Tyreke threads, if anyone hasn’t noticed yet. 

Lost minutes to Aaron Holiday last night. ??.  Justin and Jrues brother. 

Edited by chud12

4 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Lost minutes to Aaron Holiday last night. ??.  Justin and Jrues brother. 

Huh? He played 25mins same as last game, he didn't lose any at all

2 minutes ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

Huh? He played 25mins same as last game, he didn't lose any at all

Oladipo left the game early first quarter. Reke also started 2nd half for Dipo, so yea he def lost minutes. He shouid I’d hit at least 30 last night considering. 

• Like 2

If the fit with Oladipo isn’t the issue considering the minutes were the same with and without him, what is? Seriously theres like no feasible reason why he isn’t playing more