kmac771

D’angelo Russell 2018-2019 Season Outlook

2 hours ago, manolo_ said:

No, I don't know if you just play dumb or cant read what I say properly. What I said was they have the same lows so far ,  while DLo has much more highs. 

But go ahead and twist everything to suit your hate.

they have “the same lows” and dangelo has “much more highs”, but they average the same amount of points with dangelo attempting 5 more shots per game?

slap yaself really hard one time 

1 hour ago, LosingEffort said:

Russell numbers this season:
18.5 points , 3.8 rbs , 6.4 ast , 1.1 stl , 0.3 blk

Dinwiddie numbers:
17.0 pts, 2.5 rbs , 5.1 ast , 0.6 stl , 0.2 blk

Russell's numbers are better in every category so why Dinwiddie should be a better player??

But, most important, last 10 games that pushed Brooklyn at 7th seed in the Conference:
Russell: 22.4 pts , 3.9 rbs , 6.9 ast , 0.9 stl , 0.3 blk
Dinwiddie: 13.1 pts , 2.2 rbs , 4.4 ast , 0.6 stl , 0.1 blk

Seems you were hidden in the darkness waiting for a dud :lol:

i find it hilarious how u left out the efficiency stats to aid your agenda ..... so dinwiddie averages 1 point, 1 assist and 1 rebound less, but let’s check their efficiency numbers, shall we?:

dinwiddie: 46% fg 37% 3fg 2 turnovers 

vs 

russell: 43% fg 36% 3fg 3 turnovers

do better 

37 minutes ago, richg24 said:

What is your point? That russell can go off like a 2nd rounder for 1 or 2 weeks before posting one semi dud or fg brickhouse? Cool, can say some about almost every non super elite player in the league. Russell is better than dinwiddie its not even close

in the last 5 games, russell has had TWO duds.....pay attention 

its “not close”, yet russell only averages 1 point more on far worse efficiency ...... classic 

it wasn’t close at all last night, you’re right about that ... dinwiddie was lightyears better than russell, and russell had to be benched due to how terrible he was. 

watch more net games, it’s definitely much closer than u think. 

3 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

in the last 5 games, russell has had TWO duds.....pay attention 

its “not close”, yet russell only averages 1 point more on far worse efficiency ...... classic 

it wasn’t close at all last night, you’re right about that ... dinwiddie was lightyears better than russell, and russell had to be benched due to how terrible he was. 

watch more net games, it’s definitely much closer than u think. 

BBM Rankings (Last 30 days):

Russell ranked 33

Dinwiddie ranked 153

Last 10 games Russell has 1 dud. Last night was not a dud, 10 pts 7 ast 1 steal, 2 3pm in 28 min? Not good line but totally fine. 

Last 10 games Dinwiddie has 5 duds, just pull up the game log. 

Please stop. 

11 minutes ago, richg24 said:

BBM Rankings (Last 30 days):

Russell ranked 33

Dinwiddie ranked 153

Last 10 games Russell has 1 dud. Last night was not a dud, 10 pts 7 ast 1 steal, 2 3pm in 28 min? Not good line but totally fine. 

Last 10 games Dinwiddie has 5 duds, just pull up the game log. 

Please stop. 

did u watch the game last night? that was clearly a dud irl. he played so bad he was benched. 

i dont need to see the rankings from when russell was on a tear and dinwiddie slumped .. show me everything in totality, and let’s revisit this thread in a month or so. 

Edited by COBBLEPOT

20 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

i find it hilarious how u left out the efficiency stats to aid your agenda ..... so dinwiddie averages 1 point, 1 assist and 1 rebound less, but let’s check their efficiency numbers, shall we?:

dinwiddie: 46% fg 37% 3fg 2 turnovers 

vs 

russell: 43% fg 36% 3fg 3 turnovers

do better 

wow
Dinwiddie is better than Harden (44% fg , 37% 3fg, 5.6 turnovers)
are you sure you understand  basketball?
Russell was a beast and the leader of the Nets playoff hunt  last month since Levert went down
take a look at efficency in this period and count the january Dinwiddie's duds, or you like just the DLo ones? :lol:

Edited by LosingEffort

4 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

wow
Dinwiddie is better than Harden (44% fg , 37% 3fg, 5.6 turnovers)
are you sure you understand  basketball?
Russell was a beast and the leader of the Nets playoff hunt  last month since Levert went down
take a look at efficency in this period and count the january Dinwiddie's duds, or you like just the DLo ones? :lol:

Are you really putting dinwiddie and russell in the same conversation with james harden?????

yall see what i have to deal with? smh 

I got to admit the consistency of playing at a high level he never showed for prolong stretches he is showing right now. Really has looked great the past couple weeks and I didn’t think that was possible atp in his NBA career so big props to D Lo.  

Serious question. What is D Lo’s role with a healthy Levert?? As we saw early in the year Levert led the team in usage and it def hurt D Lo’s production which capped his ceiling pretty hard. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

go ham in first half(24pts with 6 3ptm)

I used to hate on Dlo a bit while he was on my roster but he seems to have taken a legitimate step this time, he’s never been this good this consistently so I think it might be some progress. 

i’m not going anywhere .. i actually want russell to prove me wrong. i cant predict the future, i can only go based on his past history. tonight was big, but he’s done this in the past. let’s hope he can keep it up this time.  

49 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

i’m not going anywhere .. i actually want russell to prove me wrong. i cant predict the future, i can only go based on his past history. tonight was big, but he’s done this in the past. let’s hope he can keep it up this time.  

I said earlier in the thread: if Russell was consistent he'd be like a third rounder, but he's not so he's not. You're right about that and always have been. 

But that's a separate issue from comparing him and Dinwiddie. Dinwiddie isn't better. Or, at least, he hasn't been this year. 

• Like 1

Isn't he only 22? This is just the start of the breakout. Lakers screwed up bigg letting dlo go. Not only is he beasting with his own numbers but he is the driving force on brooklyn winning a lot of games lately and being competitive with pretty much any team. 

• Like 1

D Russ has been formidable during the Levert-less span. He has improved, not only in box scores but IRL as well, since the Nets get wins with him leading the way. The biggest (pleasant) surprise to me during this period is the fact that he increased his usage (taking more shots and dishing more assists) while sustaining his TO's  to the same level and even improve his fg %. He is healthy, he fills the box scores and he is leading. Big congrats to D Lo. 

Lakers had to trade him to get rid of Mozgov's $64m contract to have enough cap space for Lebron in 2018. It was a necessary trade. No one in their right mind would've taken Mozgov's contract without a young player with potential in return. Blame Mitch for signing that crazy Mozgov deal.

• Like 1

i used to believe the narrative that dlo is a hopelessly flawed player who has not improved since his rookie year. but with his outstanding play the past two months, i think it is only fair that we fans re-think things. dlo earned that, at least.

sure, d'lo remains a terrible defender and inconsistent offensive player. but the nets had been able to hide him a bit on defense and the duds come in less often than before.

when they traded for him, the nets hoped for a player that could carry them offensively for at least two years until they could finally chase a big name FA who could take over the role. dlo had the perfect opportunity, but injuries and inconsistency derailed him last year. this year was his second - and probably last - shot at such a role.

all these arguments regarding dinwiddie and russell are just downright silly. these two are polar opposites of each other. if you prefer steadiness, clutch and efficiency, then obviously dinwiddie is for you. but if you prefer upside, volume and the ability to fill in the box score like a boss, then d'lo is for you. but preferences don't really mean a particular guy is any better. it's just you like him more than the other dude.

Edited by rameshdataya
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, rameshdataya said:

i used to believe the narrative that dlo is a hopelessly flawed player who has not improved since his rookie year. but with his outstanding play the past two months, i think it is only fair that we fans re-think things. dlo earned that, at least.

sure, d'lo remains a terrible defender and inconsistent offensive player. but the nets had been able to hide him a bit on defense and the duds come in less often than before.

when they traded for him, the nets hoped for a player that could carry them offensively for at least two years until they could finally chase a big name FA who could take over the role. dlo had the perfect opportunity, but injuries and inconsistency derailed him last year. this year was his second - and probably last - shot at such a role.

all these arguments regarding dinwiddie and russell are just downright silly. these two are polar opposites of each other. if you prefer steadiness, clutch and efficiency, then obviously dinwiddie is for you. but if you prefer upside, volume and the ability to fill in the box score like a boss, then d'lo is for you. but preferences don't really mean a particular guy is any better. it's just you like him more than the other dude.

Finally, some reasonable/constructive criticism.

But one thing, actually in this season, D'lo is a 'below average' defender. Maybe even close to average in some aspects.

Due to his lack of lateral speed and quickness, the possibility of D'Lo growing into a 'great' defender is almost non-existent,

But If you look at his defense this season, there are some signs that indicate that he might grow into an 'average or above average' defender.

He definitely has some trouble defending through picks, keeping in front of explosive drivers.

But he has really improved in reading the passing lanes, vertically contesting his matchups without fouling, and helping timely.

kid is 6"5 and has a 6"8 wingspan, actually pretty decent for a PG, or even a SG, and he has relatively fast hands.

Even the metrics tell that the kid is actually holding his own as a defender in the NBA, not great, but passable.

Inconsistency is definitely a problem, he sometimes seems to even slump within a single quarter, but that's just D'Lo being D'Lo,

and the interval between those slumps are becoming longer and longer this year. 

Anyways, thanks for your post.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

I said earlier in the thread: if Russell was consistent he'd be like a third rounder, but he's not so he's not. You're right about that and always have been. 

But that's a separate issue from comparing him and Dinwiddie. Dinwiddie isn't better. Or, at least, he hasn't been this year. 

there have been many stretches and games where dinwiddie was far better .. like the game vs houston where dinwiddie went for 33-10 and russell was benched in the 4th and ot.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, richg24 said:

Isn't he only 22? This is just the start of the breakout. Lakers screwed up bigg letting dlo go. Not only is he beasting with his own numbers but he is the driving force on brooklyn winning a lot of games lately and being competitive with pretty much any team. 

lakers didn’t screw up at all lmao, that trade was for the pick they got kuzma with .. they replaced russell with lonzo ball, who is lookin like a future jason kidd and were able to sign lebron only due to that trade. 

it was an excellent trade both ways 

47 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

lakers didn’t screw up at all lmao, that trade was for the pick they got kuzma with .. they replaced russell with lonzo ball, who is lookin like a future jason kidd and were able to sign lebron only due to that trade. 

it was an excellent trade both ways 

Lonzo is trash.

10 pts 5 rebs 5 asssists on 40%fg and 40% ft lmao how trash can you get honestly I'm a better shooter than him

Edited by richg24

Ball obviously has potential. I like him better than Russell in the long run on a Lebron team. He plays much less selfishly than Russell. You already have enough ball hogs with Kuzma and Ingram. And Jason Kidd never had high percentages other than 3pt%, he was a better passer than Ball though.

6 hours ago, richg24 said:

Lonzo is trash.

10 pts 5 rebs 5 asssists on 40%fg and 40% ft lmao how trash can you get honestly I'm a better shooter than him

Zo is a future all star your tripping out. His passing and court vision is elite, rebounding excellent, so is his defense. Only knock on him is his shooting, which hes already improved on since last year. Give the kid some time, I think he’ll end up even better than Jason Kidd, bold statement but hes super talented. Honestly Rondo and Lebron being there really stunted and sorto put Lonzo in a limbo as far as development and producing big stat lines. 

• Like 1