kmac771

D’angelo Russell 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 1/22/2019 at 12:56 AM, richg24 said:

You are very wrong. I own levert and he was great but he wasnt putting up any lines like the recent monster ones Dlo has been dropping. He probably would have had some but the injury could slow down the huge leap he made we dont know how he will come back or when . This is Dlo team now he being talked about for all star selection 

Agreed with your assessment. Dlo has been very consistent all year and gradually trending upwards to all star level. Every night you can pretty much bank on Dlo's output. At the start of the season the Nets had a level playing field without a true offensive leader. Dinwiddie, Crabbe, Dlo and LeVert had all shown flashes and slumps. LeVert fed off his early season success to claim the leader role and everyone else played in his shadow. Now that Dlo is the top dog, I highly doubt he will concede to LeVert when he returns from injury. 

These are Lonzo's games without Bron. 13 games. 8 of them in double digits scoring. Lots of steals some blocks. About 6 boards. About 7 assists. His stats are actually very comparable to Draymond's stats. Just Lonzo gets more pts more 3's and maybe one less rebound a game. Lonzo has most definitely improved since last season. Do you watch Laker games? Yes, he still can work on his shooting like free throws but the whole Lakers team can't make free throws or even consistently make shots. Lonzo has a pass first mindset while Dlo easily can be called a ball hog and just pulls up from 3 since the rest of the nets suck. Lonzo gets more defensive stats and is much better on that end of the court. Lonzo gets more rebounds and assist. On the season Dlo barely gets a 3 more than Zo which is honestly embarrassing for him since he can shoot it. If you think Lonzo is a 2nd rounder watch a Laker game when he comes back and you will see you are wrong. 

image.png.521ca5bfd52919064db0b66c059cec20.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

he doesn’t watch basketball, he just reads box scores .. no one with common sense is still pushin the narrative that lonzo ball isn’t legit. dude is a joke. 

Aren't box scores all that matters in fantasy? 

Lonzo is young, he will figure it out.  Far from a bust.  Dlo is a very different type of PG than lonzo.  No point to compare.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, itslarry said:

Aren't box scores all that matters in fantasy? 

I've noticed real life fans here get like really into "their" players in this forum. But you're right, it's fantasy, no one should give a f--- about anything else here. 

Now I don't really give a dang what these people say about D'Lo since it's obvious they are living in their own world.

5 hours ago, tobeyreichman18 said:

Lonzo has a pass first mindset while Dlo easily can be called a ball hog and just pulls up from 3 since the rest of the nets suck. 

But seriously... are you kidding me? Get your facts right if you want to shxt on a team like that.

Nets are 3 games over .500, actually making them better over the Lakers after today's game.

Yeah, and D'Lo pulled off a 25pt 10ast 7rbs game. I guess he is still a ball hog, yeah.

This thread is turning into a laughing matter now. I hope people can look back at this thread after this season and laugh their axx out. Well I know I'm going to.

Edited by jhsong916

Lakers obviously made a mistake trading Dlo and keeping Ingram.  Dlo has proved to be a franchise leading player.  He’s putting up something like 25-7-7 with 4 threes this month.  Lonzo is still learning how to shoot fts.  Im not a Dlo or lonzo fan but lakers expected UCLA lonzo and it hasn’t translated.  I’m not saying he’s a bust but he’s a role player at best.  I don’t see any fire or thirst in lonzo.  Once Dlo matures a bit more, he’ll be a superstar 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dude better make the all Star team as a reserve.  Its fun looking forward to watching this dude go on his 3rd quarter torching sprees.  

I just hope he doesn't slow down after the all star break. 

18 hours ago, Stickman71492 said:

Dude better make the all Star team as a reserve.  Its fun looking forward to watching this dude go on his 3rd quarter torching sprees.  

hi.

Keep on balling, Mr. All-Star.

27 pts 11 assists 6 rebounds, carried the team to a W against Denver.

legit breakout, still 22.

• Like 1

Come on, nobody? 

vs CHI: 23pts 6asts

vs TOR: 28pts 14asts 7rbs

vs CLE: 36pts 8asts 7rbs

well, I guess everybody is just 'expecting' these kinds of numbers from this kid. 

nothing to be surprised now, eh?

• Like 2

Dlo is so good now that his thread was not bumped for a 40 pt 7 assist game with 6 3s and 2 steals. And scoring 14 pts in the final 3 min of the game and the nets final 12 points to seal the W. Ice in his veins baby. Watch out for Dinwiddie though :P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, richg24 said:

Dlo is so good now that his thread was not bumped for a 40 pt 7 assist game with 6 3s and 2 steals. And scoring 14 pts in the final 3 min of the game and the nets final 12 points to seal the W. Ice in his veins baby. Watch out for Dinwiddie though :P

It was bumped mostly when he was bad, by the usual crew that always disappears when he's good.  You know, the people that are team fans first and fantasy owners second.

• Like 1

thread has become a laughing matter, just like some predicted a few months ago.

But to be honest, I don't care anymore, as a Nets fan I'm enjoying the happiest days of my life in about 4-5 years.

Keep on ballin' D'lo, and always keep those ice in your veins.

It took you 4 years to find it, and I'm pretty sure now that the ice is here to stay :)

Edited by jhsong916
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, reverb said:

What was up with the low scoring tonight?

blowout game

32 points, 10 assists. 

broke his 3-4 game slump in nice fashion

To be honest, I think this was his best game of the season. He played like an established superstar with his passing and court vision. 

The scoring just followed naturally.

He had some trouble with his shot recently, but when you look at his game closely, he actually did well in terms of defense and passing.

Tonight, he was more active all around the court and went for more dribbles to make space for himself, which was not seen that many times even during his hot streak.

It looks like he might be introducing a new aspect to his game, and if he can stick with it and this becomes a norm...

I might be overreacting but I think we could be seeing the start of a surge from a borderline all-star to a legit superstar candidate.

However, we must wait for a few more games and see how his game develops. Anyways, tonight's game was an incredibly encouraging sight.

Edited by jhsong916