kmac771

D’angelo Russell 2018-2019 Season Outlook

considering he got most if his numbers in the 2nd half this is a good line. and he’ll just get better as he gets into game shape

55 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

considering he got most if his numbers in the 2nd half this is a good line. and he’ll just get better as he gets into game shape

ya in the first half a lot of his shots were rimming out. then he got really hot in the 4th quarter. nice counting stats though he will score more as he gets used to playing off the ball because LeVert is going to be running the offense going forward. 

6 minutes ago, richg24 said:

ya in the first half a lot of his shots were rimming out. then he got really hot in the 4th quarter. nice counting stats though he will score more as he gets used to playing off the ball because LeVert is going to be running the offense going forward. 

i still think hell be the primary pg but i think theyre turning into how derozan and lowry was

16 minutes ago, richg24 said:

are you writing rotoworld blurbs lol

• Haha 2

My first time owning him and I haven't watched him much since he moved over from LA. While he's probably been about on ADP for fantasy so far, in real life he looks worse than both Dinwiddie and LeVert, I think he's only staying in the starting lineup on the strength of his name and draft position right now.

• Like 2

I believe D Lo is a big buy low player right now.  He prefers playing off-ball and he prides himself in being a good shooter / scorer.  I don't think he's matured enough to run an offense, so Levert has taken on that responsibility but D Lo is a solid passer.  If the shot isn't there, he will make the pass, and his assists will be much better than your average SG.  I see him as a poor-man's Bradley Beal type, and his TO's should even out at a lower rate than previous seasons since he isn't spending as much time with the ball.

Sending offers to his current owner to see if he'll bite, including Gallinari, Danny Green, and or possibly Josh Hart.  There is obviously risk here but I still believe in D Lo's potential to be that number 2 scorer for a team that's starting to look like they have the young pieces to develop into a formidable team.  

D Lo, Levert, Allen have the makings of a team on the rise.  Take into consideration their other young glue guys like RHJ , and Dinwiddie, and you start to see something coming into fruition, a lot like the Orlando Magic.   Looking back a couple years ago, everyone thought the Nets blew their next 5-8 year future with that terrible trade with Boston.  They've made something out of nothing in a weak East.  All 3 of them have potential for top 60 Fantasy Players once they get comfortable with their roles.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, a-rob said:

I'd say this is more of a sell high opportunity. DLo has poor bball IQ, sometimes he gets hot but most of the time he is just bad, and real bad

That IQ of his really showed up at the end of the game lmao

19 minutes ago, a-rob said:

I'd say this is more of a sell high opportunity. DLo has poor bball IQ, sometimes he gets hot but most of the time he is just bad, and real bad

Yeah why not? If you can get Teague or better pgs I'd do it. But then again it's funnner when a player breaks out when you own him

• Like 2

As a nets fan, i hope his a** gets traded to the kings for multiple draft picks.

• Haha 2

Like I’ve said before in this thread, breakout year, TO is expected when u drafted DLo but I’ll take that 20+ ppg we some sprinkle of other stats given I’ve drafted him mostly in 7-9th round

Buy low window has almost shut! Now, do owners sell high?? Brooklyn doesn’t have a very favorable playoff schedule ...

2 minutes ago, Supersonics said:

Buy low window has almost shut! Now, do owners sell high?? Brooklyn doesn’t have a very favorable playoff schedule ...

Exactly why I'm thinking of selling. What if this is the new him?

The 2-3-4 is really making me not want Caris and Russell tho.

Edited by ejaggit

19 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

Exactly why I'm thinking of selling. What if this is the new him?

The 2-3-4 is really making me not want Caris and Russell tho.

if you get a bye first week then 3-4 ain’t so bad

• Like 3

2 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

if you get a bye first week then 3-4 ain’t so bad

Yeah, 

We'll there is a Bye. But you've gotta be 1st or second seed.

Not sure if my team can get there.  I guess I can wait until half way point in the season....