kmac771

D’angelo Russell 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, COBBLEPOT said:

glad some people here actually watch games. 

Man I agree that russell doesn't always give 100%, kinda like wiggins, but you can't honestly think dinwiddie is a better player. If he was then he would be a starter in the league by now

3 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Man I agree that russell doesn't always give 100%, kinda like wiggins, but you can't honestly think dinwiddie is a better player. If he was then he would be a starter in the league by now

If you look up their advanced metris like Win Shares, Win Shares / 48, VORP, and Per, they will all say Dinwiddie is the better player. n

Politics play a huge part about whether a player gets minutes. You will play your #2 pick if he struggles, because he's a sunk cost and you need to find out if you can salvage your investment. Whereas a second round pick player might never get the opportunity because the investment in him is rather small.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

If you look up their advanced metris like Win Shares, Win Shares / 48, VORP, and Per, they will all say Dinwiddie is the better player.

Do any of you know how win shares are calculated? For the love of all that is holy, stop misappropriating win shares as a crux of an argument. I'm really sick of seeing this happen over and over again. It is just misleading to everyone that reads your posts.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/about/ws.html

Chris Paul is the leader in all-time Win Shares Per 48. That stat means next to nothing. If you don't understand a statistic, don't use it.

PER is even worse. I would hope that much is obvious. Their VORPS are more or less identical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

If you look up their advanced metris like Win Shares, Win Shares / 48, VORP, and Per, they will all say Dinwiddie is the better player. n

Politics play a huge part about whether a player gets minutes. You will play your #2 pick if he struggles, because he's a sunk cost and you need to find out if you can salvage your investment. Whereas a second round pick player might never get the opportunity because the investment in him is rather small.

To an extent this is true. Look at nerlens, philly didn't play him. Dinwiddie has the clutch gene, I like him, but he doesn't have the talent or skills russell does and that's why he won't win the job. Nets dont need either of them to play pg eithe honestly, levert is best for that lol

• Like 1

It looks like Russel has not improved much since his rook year, he literally has the same issh to this game. Still slow, not athletic and a dumb player IQ wise. I read glowing reports this summer on his explosiveness getting much better and Russel working on his body and putting on added muscle and I don't get the reports at all. I don't own any shares and don't plan on owning any in the future. I owned this dude his rookie year and said never again. That was when Luke would F with his minutes. Yea he is in a new destination but his minutes still get F'ed with from time to time. Russel had to compete with Lou Will in LA and now he is competing with Dinwiddie. It is the same story drafting this dude. Now if you punt FG% and TO's I get drafting him but I hate his game and his face.

Edited by chud12
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chud12 said:

It literally looks like Russel has not improved much since his rook year, he literally has the same issh to this game. Still slow, not athletic and a dumb player IQ wise. I read glowing reports this summer on his explosiveness getting much better and Russel working on his body and putting on added muscle and I don't get the reports at all. I don't own any shares and don't plan on owning any in the future. I owned this dude his rookie year and said never again. That was when Luke would F with his minutes. Yea he is in a new destination but his minutes still get F'ed with from time to time. Russel had to compete with Lou Will in LA and now he is competing with Dinwiddie. It is literally the same story drafting this dude. Now if you punt FG% and TO's I get drafting him but I literally hate his game and his face.

I would literally like your post but think you should have used the word “literally” like literally four more times. 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I would literally like your post but think you should have used the word “literally” like literally four more times. 

parks and recreation GIF

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, yeetboi123 said:

DLo is the goat idk what everyone’s talkin about. Dude gotta be one of the cutest in the league next to Kelly Oubre. No homo. 

I’m so confused and weirded out by this comment lol.  Maybe your trolling lol? 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, richg24 said:

To an extent this is true. Look at nerlens, philly didn't play him. Dinwiddie has the clutch gene, I like him, but he doesn't have the talent or skills russell does and that's why he won't win the job. Nets dont need either of them to play pg eithe honestly, levert is best for that lol

I agree Russ is more talented than Dinwiddie but the maturity between the two is what separates them. Dinwiddie’s basketball IQ is better IMO. Yes, as LeVert’s game continues to expand, you could almost just have a 3-D guy at the point. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Do any of you know how win shares are calculated? For the love of all that is holy, stop misappropriating win shares as a crux of an argument. I'm really sick of seeing this happen over and over again. It is just misleading to everyone that reads your posts.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/about/ws.html

Chris Paul is the leader in all-time Win Shares Per 48. That stat means next to nothing. If you don't understand a statistic, don't use it.

PER is even worse. I would hope that much is obvious. Their VORPS are more or less identical.

Can you explain to us why we can't use Win Share in comparing Russell and Dinwiddie?

My understanding is that WS is the measurement of a player's contribution to HIS team's success., so if 2 players are on the same team, you can use that WS to measure who contributes more to the team's win. If anything, WS is actually perfect for measuring different teammates' impact on a team's success. 

Don't just read the user manual. Learn how to use the tool.

Edited by bballshinobi
typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bballshinobi said:

My understanding is that WS is the measurement of a player's contribution to HIS team's success.

Do yourself and all of us a favor and actually read my previous post to understand win shares. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Do yourself and all of us a favor and actually read my previous post to understand win shares. 

Do yourself a favor and actually read the web page you linked so you understand win shares.

I don't think you know what Win Shares is....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bballshinobi said:

1.png

Great! Wow! Looks like you have a complete understanding of that statistic and how to apply it in an internet argument.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Great! Wow! Looks like you have a complete understanding of that statistic and how to apply it in an internet argument.

Unfortunately, you are still missing the point, just like how you only know what a statistic is but don't know how to use it.

I don't think what we have is an "argument" because you didn't bring anything to the table. We are trying to compare Dinwiddie and Russell in this thread in order to figure out whether Dinwiddie has a chance to get traded and/or overtake  the starting spot. There are no perfect advanced metrics that can measure players, but when used correctly (like comparing players on the same team with WS) you gain more information. You didn't explain why WS or other metrics don't do a good job comparing Dinwiddie and Russel. You are just saying we shouldn't use these tools because we don't know how to use them - implying that you do. 

I respect the fact that you actually know how to look up WS's definition on BR. But saying how people shouldn't use advanced metrics when you don't know it yourself makes you look like Ryan

Edited by bballshinobi
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, yeetboi123 said:

DLo is the goat idk what everyone’s talkin about. Dude gotta be one of the cutest in the league next to Kelly Oubre. No homo. 

My wife likes Dirk and if I were attracted men I would go for Stephen Curry by a wiiiiddddeee mile.  Not even close.  But what the f--- does that have to do with fantasy?  

Edited by StifleTower2
  • Haha 1

@bballshinobiyou can say I don't understand those analytics until you're blue in the face. Pretty clear from my posts and yours who does. Everything I needed to say is in that initial post.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

@bballshinobiyou can say I don't understand those analytics until you're blue in the face. Pretty clear from my posts and yours who does. Everything I needed to say is in that initial post.

You can also say I don't understand those analytics until you are blue in the face. Pretty clear from my posts and yours who does. Everything I needed to say is in the link you posted in your initial post. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

My wife likes Dirk and if I were attracted men I would go for Stephen Curry by a wiiiiddddeee mile.  Not even close.  But what the f--- does that have to do with fantasy?  

Fmk: Steven Adams, Ricky Rubio, Anthony Davis. 

11 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Fmk: Steven Adams, Ricky Rubio, Anthony Davis. 

F: Adams 

M: Rubio 

K: Davis

FMK: Curry, Gobert, Lebron. 

Edited by StifleTower2

I don’t have Russ rostered (Dinwiddie owner) here, so take my comments with a grain of salt. I’m from New York so I see a lot of his games.