kmac771

D’angelo Russell 2018-2019 Season Outlook

and here I thought players who are eligible for new contracts in off-season breakout...

the sad part is that if the game was close, he’d still be on the bench

garbanzo beans 

Edited by COBBLEPOT

Salvaged the line with 3 straight made shots at the end. He was just off the mark on a bunch of open 3s that he normally hits. I think he's just going through a shooting slump. On a positive note, he did a decent job rebounding and stealing some balls and still got up a lot of shots (not always a good thing but not afraid to shoot it)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Salvaged the line with 3 straight made shots at the end. He was just off the mark on a bunch of open 3s that he normally hits. I think he's just going through a shooting slump. On a positive note, he did a decent job rebounding and stealing some balls and still got up a lot of shots (not always a good thing but not afraid to shoot it)

not safe for work spongebob GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't have the patient to wait for him to put a string of eye popping stat lines to sell high so i just started shopping him. It's early in the season but i have lost all hope on by watching him play. He is slow, inefficient, low basketball IQ (sometimes reaches negative values), constantly outplayed by the bench. Nets have a decent depth for a non contenting team and Atkinson ain't afraid to use it (like he should). I am not sure about D Lo being a part of their future core anymore. Trying to sent him away for Otto or Prince, maybe i will feed on the panic and frustration of another owner...:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Manos A said:

I don't have the patient to wait for him to put a string of eye popping stat lines to sell high so i just started shopping him. It's early in the season but i have lost all hope on by watching him play. He is slow, inefficient, low basketball IQ (sometimes reaches negative values), constantly outplayed by the bench. Nets have a decent depth for a non contenting team and Atkinson ain't afraid to use it (like he should). I am not sure about D Lo being a part of their future core anymore. Trying to sent him away for Otto or Prince, maybe i will feed on the panic and frustration of another owner...:rolleyes:

If you wanna trade him, do it early. His playoff schedule sucks.

• Thanks 1

Horrible coaching staff, iv seen it all now...Starts slow, boom benched quick-low minutes rest of game...Starts hot, boom benched quick-low minutes rest of game...Close game, blowout, just doesn't matter...

I really like this guy fantasy wise and where he was going in drafts, if he honestly played regular 32-34 minutes, which he honestly F****** should, he would fill up stat stat sheet, no question...Weird a** coach I must say!!! Due to unique situation he's in, it's one of those i'm just riding the wave the whole year..cant sell high or low, rather just go for the ride...Lucky for me, I drafted extremely well and remain undefeated..So no biggie :) 

1 minute ago, Starvela said:

Horrible coaching staff, iv seen it all now...Starts slow, boom benched quick-low minutes rest of game...Starts hot, boom benched quick-low minutes rest of game...Close game, blowout, just doesn't matter...

I really like this guy fantasy wise and where he was going in drafts, if he honestly played regular 32-34 minutes, which he honestly F****** should, he would fill up stat stat sheet, no question...Weird a** coach I must say!!! Due to unique situation he's in, it's one of those i'm just riding the wave the whole year..cant sell high or low, rather just go for the ride...Lucky for me, I drafted extremely well and remain undefeated..So no biggie :) 

How are you critiquing the coaching staff?? D Lo is a losing player, they see that. Dinwidd is just a better player that fits what the team is trying to do. I watch the Nets a lot cause I own Levert and D Lo is literally just out there trying to get his. His dumb iso crap where he stands at the top of the key and jacks up a terrible 3 pointer happens way too much. D Lo is slow as ishh and has one of the loser IQ’s in b ball. The coaching staff sees this, it’s not hard. If you own D Lo lower your expectations greatly and by all means don’t watch the games. The guy just sucks. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Starvela said:

I'm in the same situation but the 4-2-3 playoff schedule makes me want to get rid of him at some point, even LeVert who I love so much I am looking to move if i can get the right return because that 2 game semis week is crippling in H2H. 

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

How are you critiquing the coaching staff?? D Lo is a losing player, they see that. Dinwidd is just a better player that fits what the team is trying to do. I watch the Nets a lot cause I own Levert and D Lo is literally just out there trying to get his. His dumb iso crap where he stands at the top of the key and jacks up a terrible 3 pointer happens way too much. D Lo is slow as ishh and has one of the loser IQ’s in b ball. The coaching staff sees this, it’s not hard. If you own D Lo lower your expectations greatly and by all means don’t watch the games. The guy just sucks. 

Dude you go too far..D Lo is a losing player? why? Dinwidd is not remotely better. Also, DLo adp in yahoo was 88th I believe, he is ranked 80th right now so there is really nothing wrong with his production. His fg% is trash but that was expected. 16-4-5 with about 2 3pm and nearly 1 steal is respectable. I was hoping for a top 50 breakout as well but it may not happen on this team if he doesn't average 30-32 minutes, and instead only gets 27-28. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chud12 said:

D'lo had 2 injury filled seasons, Dinwidd had all the opportunity last year, all throughout camp, etc.. D'lo right back starting.

Some people need to stop glorifying the  bench player.

10 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Because even when he's hot, he gets benched...When a player gets hot, just ride the wave , coach until he cools off or screws up...

Yes, he isn't the best in the world in real life basketball, I agree!! That's why I said fantasy wise!! and him getting drafted in the 9th-10th round...If he honestly played 32-34 every game, trust me we would love him for where he went, every game stat sheet would look different but filled up...A lot of players suck and have low BB IQ, but have fantasy value if given the chance...But of course coach doesn't care about fantasy, etc.

and btw, dinwidd suck also, bad...

Edited by Starvela

2 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Dude you go too far..D Lo is a losing player? why? Dinwidd is not remotely better. Also, DLo adp in yahoo was 88th I believe, he is ranked 80th right now so there is really nothing wrong with his production. His fg% is trash but that was expected. 16-4-5 with about 2 3pm and nearly 1 steal is respectable. I was hoping for a top 50 breakout as well but it may not happen on this team if he doesn't average 30-32 minutes, and instead only gets 27-28. 

I define a losing player as a guy that makes dumb decisions all the time, take horrible shots all the time and as the pg of the team he makes no one better. Yea that’s y he’s a losing player to me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Trench Mob said:

D'lo had 2 injury filled seasons, Dinwidd had all the opportunity last year, all throughout camp, etc.. D'lo right back starting.

Some people need to stop glorifying the  bench player.

This has zero to do with Spencer really, it’s all about Russel and how much I hate his game and how he literally looks like he has not improved in anything since his rookie year. It’s the same nonsense 

3 minutes ago, Starvela said:

Because even when he's hot, he gets benched...When a player gets hot, just ride the wave , coach until he cools off or screws up...

Yes, he sucks in real life basketball, I agree!! That's why I said fantasy wise!! and him getting drafted in the 9th-10th round..

Fair enough, I have no problems with this. 

If he played to his ceiling, he'd be a second rounder.  If he played to his floor, he'd be on waiver.  Instead you get a 80ish guy that's way better when you punt fg%.  It's just a testament to how high his highs are and how low his lows are that this guy is consistently so divisive.

15 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Great post, that's exactly what my thought process was...He still honestly has top 50 potential if given the minutes he should be playing...But I got him in the 9th, so getting proper value considering where he was drafted, with occasional big games, etc. Just frustrated with coach not the actual pick!!

Edited by Starvela

1 minute ago, Tom Chambers said:

If he played to his ceiling, he'd be a second rounder.  If he played to his floor, he'd be on waiver.  Instead you get a 80ish guy that's way better when you punt fg%.  It's just a testament to how high his highs are and how low his lows are that this guy is consistently so divisive.

I agree, very true...But the thing is, it's not him, it's the coach!! Like I said, at times he starts off very hot and gets benched after only playing 7 minutes in the 1st and doesn't come in till 5 minute left in 2nd quarter, it's stupid!! But, he was my 9th round pick, so proper value, just has so much potential fantasy wise!!  

Just now, Starvela said:

I agree, very true...But the thing is, it's not him, it's the coach!! Like I said, at times he starts off very hot and gets benched after only playing 7 minutes in the 1st and doesn't come in till 5 minute left in 2nd quarter, it's stupid!! But, he was my 9th round pick, so proper value, just has so much potential fantasy wise!!  

You admitted Russel sucks in real life so again don’t blame the coaching staff. Even when Russel is hot it’s cringe and ugly. He has had an old mans game since his rookie year.  When Russel is hot or not it’s still always all about him. Last night in pure garbage time he had to jack up 4 straight shots and get his right?? Before that his numbers were trash. Guy is a selfish pg and u just can’t have a guy like that running a young team. There is always going yo be bums in the road because of it. And the funny thing is Russel isnt even good which is prob. why every coach he has had gives him the quick a** hook regardless. 

• Like 1

Russell is just not as good as LaVert is probably the main issue. D'Russ can't break down the defense as the other two PG's and is not as good a passer as say Lonzo Ball (LAL comparison). Without the penetration, he just doesn't do as well as LaVert and Dinwiddie.

I remember that he Nets did much better with the other 2 PG lineups. I think it is a matter of time until it's confirmed he's a bust. Not as bad as Markelle Fultz, but they will both eventually get there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Russell is just not as good as LaVert is probably the main issue. D'Russ can't break down the defense as the other two PG's and is not as good a passer as say Lonzo Ball (LAL comparison). Without the penetration, he just doesn't do as well as LaVert and Dinwiddie.

I remember that he Nets did much better with the other 2 PG lineups. I think it is a matter of time until it's confirmed he's a bust. Not as bad as Markelle Fultz, but they will both eventually get there.

Confirmed a bust? He's far from a bust. What?

And the gull of putting Fultz in the same sentence lol.

16 minutes ago, chud12 said:

You admitted Russel sucks in real life so again don’t blame the coaching staff. Even when Russel is hot it’s cringe and ugly. He has had an old mans game since his rookie year.  When Russel is hot or not it’s still always all about him. Last night in pure garbage time he had to jack up 4 straight shots and get his right?? Before that his numbers were trash. Guy is a selfish pg and u just can’t have a guy like that running a young team. There is always going yo be bums in the road because of it. And the funny thing is Russel isnt even good which is prob. why every coach he has had gives him the quick a** hook regardless. 

I agree 100%. This guy is not good in real life, and his fantasy game isn't that friendly either. Coming out of College He had the tools to be an offensive genius but is basically a black hole out there. It's time to stop calling coaches terrible because they don't play some fantasy player deemed to have upside. This guy was basically traded for a happy meal and had the same opportunity that Levert is seizing now.

• Like 1