jay14bay

Bold Predictions for the 2018-2019 Season

On 8/6/2018 at 2:05 PM, Idoolittle said:

Most of these probably aren't that bold, but here are some predictions:

- Giannis Antetokounmpo wins MVP.
- Luka Doncic wins Rookie of the Year.
- Kawhi Leonard is a top 10 fantasy player, plays 70+ games.
- Golden State does not win the championship.
- The Lakers get knocked out in the 1st round of the playoffs.
- The Spurs miss the playoffs.
- Milwaukee finishes in the top 4 in the East; makes it past the 1st round.
- Boston finishes 1st in the East, but does not make it to the ECF.

On 8/9/2018 at 7:10 AM, ginocan said:

Those are pretty bold.

I actually think the opposite, Spurs will be top 3 in WCF. But I am a homer.

I got one more involving the Spurs; Pop will turn Dejounte loose and he will finish as MIP.

Golden State definitely is the clear favourite to win. But I'd say they probably have a 50% chance of winning the title (which is actually ridiculously high). But there are still quite a few teams that if they get hot at the right now could take them down. Houston, Boston, Philly, OKC, Toronto... I'm even going to throw Milwaukee in here... and even team Lebron has an outside shot. They've made it to the finals the last 4 years and won 3 times, so I just think this is their time to fall short. I don't think Boogie will have as large of an impact as some people may think, and let's say one of Durant, Curry, Klay, or Draymond gets hurt... then that changes things a bit. They've made it to the finals the last 4 years and won 3 times, so I just think this is their time to fall short.

The Spurs missing the playoffs is definitely a bold prediction. But I just think that team is getting a bit older in terms of their better players. I think Aldridge will have a significant drop off and that DeRozan will end up being the centrepiece of the team. GSW, HOU, OKC, UTA, LAL, MIN, POR, DEN, DAL, NOP... along with SAS... will be some teams competing in the West. So I just think somehow 8 of these teams end up ahead of SAS.

I'll make another bold prediction and say that Dallas will make the playoffs.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, apatas said:

Jayson Tatum finishes in TOP30 which he actually did during 2018 playoffs.

So, how exactly is this bold?  ;)

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 7:52 PM, Gorgeous George said:

So, how exactly is this bold?  ;)

OK, if not bold then I am happy. It means, it happens really and I can pick him at late 4th or early 5th round because in mock drafts here he was taken only at 6th round.

Kawhi gets MVP and stays in TOR after narrowly losing to GSW in the finals after shutting down Oladipo in the ECF

Kyrie and a pick get traded for Murray and Millsap

Ingles carries the Jazz past the thunder in the first round and Presti loses his job for it

Spurs miss the playoffs and Pop steps down, unwilling to go through another season of LA, DeRozan and Gay

Myles Turner bags MIP after posting 20ppg, 7rpg 2 bpg and 2 3PM, is hailed as the ideal modern big man; KAT and embiid get jelly

Mitchell Robinson edges out WCJ as ROY

• Like 4

On 8/16/2018 at 10:56 PM, Gorgeous George said:

Jonathan isaac top 45

That cat was so hit or miss last season, I’d personally let another GM deal with that headache.

On 8/22/2018 at 4:55 AM, Mad Luke said:

Kevin Love will be an All-Star starter

Klove is always fun in H2H. Definitely aiming for him on draft day.

7 hours ago, Mikhov said:

Kawhi gets MVP and stays in TOR after narrowly losing to GSW in the finals after shutting down Oladipo in the ECF

Kyrie and a pick get traded for Murray and Millsap

Ingles carries the Jazz past the thunder in the first round and Presti loses his job for it

Spurs miss the playoffs and Pop steps down, unwilling to go through another season of LA, DeRozan and Gay

Myles Turner bags MIP after posting 20ppg, 7rpg 2 bpg and 2 3PM, is hailed as the ideal modern big man; KAT and embiid get jelly

Mitchell Robinson edges out WCJ as ROY

I gave you a like before I saw the Myles turner prediction :/

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, hoopking said:

bk and chriss gets traded to the rockets for ryno and some unknown guy

Bold prediction but you would be incorrect.  Melton is not unknown and has a chance to be the real deal.  He didn't play at USC last year but look at his summer league numbers (it's summer league, I know)

The Lakers start to win so every dude on that team bangs a Kardashian, except for Javale Mcgee 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bplus said:

The Lakers start to win so every dude on that team bangs a Kardashian, except for Javale Mcgee 

Isn't there only one Kardashian left that's single? Guess they could all pass around Kourtney, you know Bron Bron gonna hit it first though. He don't mess with seconds.

On 15/08/2018 at 5:33 AM, Meadowlark said:

If it was Lowry shouldering the load, then how was the whole team built around DeRozan?

Derozan's featured as the star and gets the most usage. He helps with wins in the regular season, but the main reason Raptors are a top team is due to Lowry.

When Rudy Gay and Derozan were taking turns with the ball, Lowry was the 3rd wheel and an afterthought. Raptors were losing. After Gay was traded, Lowry's usage increased and the Raps started winning. For the last 5 years, Derozan would stagnate the offense and the team would have the upper edge whenever Lowry checked in or begin to struggle when Lowry was out. The last couple regular seasons, Derozan improved to the point where he'd have a positive impact as well when he was shooting efficiently.

In the playoffs, Derozan was benched 3 times in the 4th Q. Two of the times, the Raptors ended up winning the game after struggling with DD. The third time they erased a 19 point lead by the Cavs where LBJ hit the game winning shot.

Dejounte wins MIP goes bonkers averages 15 8 5 .8 2 0.8

Luka carries Mavs to Playoff 8th seed and wins ROTY

Lebron becomes a god and carries Lakers to finals

• Like 1

On 8/5/2018 at 2:35 PM, Meadowlark said:

The advancing field of cybernetics begins to produce basketball-capable automatons. Due to a blind spot in the CBA, teams are able to purchase as many robots as they can afford, as they are not required to pay them a salary. Not a single human makes the all-star game, and, as machine learning and neural networking improve strategies and execution to previously incomprehensible levels, by the end of the season no team plays a human in its regular rotation.

LeTron J4M35 wins MVP.

I logged in for the first time after the summer off to react to this post.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I don't consider this bold, but Dwyane Wade will drop 50+ points in his last game against the Brooklyn Nets

• Like 2

LaVar Ball gets into nonsensical twitter war with LeBron by end of preseason

Lonzo traded mid-season

Thibbs fired after brutal start

Butler traded to Lakers mid-season

Willy Hernangomez starts as Charlotte Center

Schroeder balls out as PG

IT balls out as 6th man

Boogie returns early, dominates as big man

Kawhi returns to form, top 5 player

Spurs miss playoffs

Fultz chokes, is a bust, Simmons resumes PG role

The Unicorn misses the entire season

Miami trades Whiteside

Brook Lopez dominates as C for Bucks

Jarrett Allen is a bust

• Like 3

On 2018-08-09 at 2:36 AM, chopper said:

I can see Jayson Tatum having a really good season because of the ELECTRIC playoff experience he had he is now sweating with confidence. Remember when someone played really well on the post season it usually translates to an even better and more productive player to the upcoming regular season, this is what happened to the likes of nobodies like Jonas Valanciunas and Isaiah Thomas from before. They went ballistic and broke out in 1 playoffs series then suddenly they are so confident and improved a lot next season. Taytum also worked out with Kobe Bryant and acquired the mamba mentality. I feel like Taytum will have a huge sophomore leap and finish top 20 this season. 

Top 20  damn that's blonder the bold prediction. 

On 8/31/2018 at 6:31 PM, RedRaider27 said:

Isn't there only one Kardashian left that's single? Guess they could all pass around Kourtney, you know Bron Bron gonna hit it first though. He don't mess with seconds.

Well, he has came 2nd the last 2 years, so you are inaccurate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1