lolcopter

Courtland Sutton 2018 Outlook

41 minutes ago, Gravy said:

Just look up the plays that got called back on him. He is a no brained WR2 start him over Ridley without a blink ROS

Yeah he had a TD overturned on a BS call vs Oakland.

Just now, maxim730 said:

What’s with all the Sutton love? His QB is Keenum ... 

People need bodies this dude is gonna get major PT and Red zone looks totally worth a WR3 start. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, maxim730 said:

For me, he more than passes the eye test... has looked like a beast at times this year. That, now with increased targets, is what has me excited.

If I hadn’t watched him play I wouldn’t be as high on him.  If you haven’t seen him, look up some of his highlights.

26 minutes ago, maxim730 said:

target share  on a team that throws the ball and can support 2 fantasy relevant wr's but was crowded with 3 wr's

• Like 2

I can’t find a spot for him right now but from what I have read/seen after seeing this thread boom, I feel if you can, you should add him.

Edited by Zekepeak86

Just now, wendellrott said:

Good Fix A Flat in Super Flex, now I'm totally trashed at QB by Winston

Just get FitzMagic. Sutton looks like a good buy.

58 minutes ago, maxim730 said:

Yeah Adam Thielen did sooooo bad last year, if Keenum is the QB nobody will score points. 

/sarcasm

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maxim730 said:

Well Sutton is replacing the WR2 on the Broncos, who was averaging 11.5 PPR points per game on 7 targets per game.   Sutton, as the WR3,  was averaging around 7 PPR points per game while getting only 4.5 targets per game.  So assuming that Sutton steps into that role and gets 7-8 targets per game, it is very reasonable to expect around 10-12 PPR PPG as a base.  Now considering that Sutton has been averaging around 19 yards per reception the hope is that his production at the same or slightly higher target level as DT will increase.  

As a floor, I am certain we will get production similar to DT.  That alone makes him valuable.  However as others have mentioned, just watch the guy play, and it's easy to envision more.  

I am just thankful for all the folks here who recommended picking this guy up two weeks ago in case DT got traded.  I'm glad I followed that advice as the patience has paid off.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, 1st DownSyndrome said:

Yeah Adam Thielen did sooooo bad last year, if Keenum is the QB nobody will score points. 

/sarcasm

Keenum isn't that bad but we've seen Theilen truly unleashed with a more accurate Qb.  I traded away Sanders due to lack of confidence in Keenum but that was my mistake.  His accuracy is so so, therefore he needs wide receivers who can adjust and go get those contested balls.  

I think everyone is overlooking the fact that Broncos wouldnt have traded DT if they didnt think they had a better playmaker to replace him.

Just now, Zangief80 said:

I think everyone is overlooking the fact that Broncos wouldnt have traded DT if they didnt think they had a better playmaker to replace him.

Well to be fair, they aren't winning anything this year, so why not get value for an older player?

Definitely influenced by a desire to accelerate the development of young players, but it doesnt indicate they think Sutton will be better immediately.

I'm still high on his talent, so he can be a wr 2/3

• Like 1

Sutton has been WAY better than DT since training camp. Everyone, and the media has been saying that since Day 1...and the play on the field only backs that up.

I would say you're going to get DT+ points from him FF wise.

The fact remains though that Keenum and the atrocious offensive line won't allow him to get the points he should be getting, but yeah...he's low WR2 floor with WR1 upside.

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Just get FitzMagic. Sutton looks like a good buy.

tapping the heals of my Ruby Red Slippers

There's no place like Fitz

There's no place like Fitz

28 minutes ago, FooserX said:

Sutton has been WAY better than DT since training camp. Everyone, and the media has been saying that since Day 1...and the play on the field only backs that up.

I would say you're going to get DT+ points from him FF wise.

The fact remains though that Keenum and the atrocious offensive line won't allow him to get the points he should be getting, but yeah...he's low WR2 floor with WR1 upside.

Kinda funny how the “atrocious” offensive line is one of the top rushing offenses in terms of ypc. Maybe atrocious is not the word.

Putting in a claim to drop Baldwin for Sutton. Gotta make moves in fantasy football, and I’ve consistently seen good things about this guy since well before the season, and it’s only continued. Talent + opportunity = fantasy points. 

• Thanks 1

Geez I had a gut feeling about this guy last week and left him on the waivers.  I have #4 priority in a 12 man league.  I wish I could get him but highly doubt the 3 ahead of me will let him slide.  This kid is a stud.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, eoschris said:

So if Sutton is a WR2 what is Sanders?

Sanders is still what he's been all year.  I don't think this changes his value much

11 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

That's cuz Thomas drops everything.

Sutton has 16 receptions and 3 drops.

Got him with the 2nd waiver priority because the 1st priority opted for Marvin Jones. Excited to have him, but already got a decent trade offer for him (Alex Collins straight up).

As most owners, I'm stacked at WR and need RB help. Where is the cut among RB rankings where you'd be comfortable trading Sutton away?

1 hour ago, frog34 said:

Got him with the 2nd waiver priority because the 1st priority opted for Marvin Jones. Excited to have him, but already got a decent trade offer for him (Alex Collins straight up).

As most owners, I'm stacked at WR and need RB help. Where is the cut among RB rankings where you'd be comfortable trading Sutton away?

In your situation I would accept that. Ravens have a very soft schedule for RBs also.

Wanna Be Startin' Sutton : I said you want to be startin' Sutton/ You got to be startin' Sutton

Yea, yea!

:D

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Gravy said:

Kinda funny how the “atrocious” offensive line is one of the top rushing offenses in terms of ypc. Maybe atrocious is not the word.

Yea,  I wouldn’t say atrocious, but it is generally accepted that it’s harder for an offensive to collectively pass block than it is to run block. So in that regard, the Broncos are decent-above avg in run blocking, poor in pass blocking. 

• Like 1