The way I view this is:

Athletic profile - check

Big name coming into the NFL draft - check

Draft capital - check

Good reports out of training camp and preseason - check

Sleeper pick for fantasy before the season - check

Has put up solid numbers while flying relatively under the radar - check

Veteran ahead of him is traded away mid-season - check

Yea there’s negatives (Keenum, and he’s still the #2 option), but he checks a ton of boxes for a breakout 2nd half. 

• Like 2

Picked this guy a week ago and then dropped him saturday for martavis bryant?‍♂️. I blew my faab wad on him and spent 40% and luckily got him with the next highest bid at 28%. Hope he doesn’t slap me in the face!!

7 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Waking up and seeing you got him this morning

Image result for antonio banderas gif

Haha, so f’ing true. CSB... When my alarm went off this morning, I had a message from one of my leaguemates that started with “If it’s any consolation...” on my home screen, and I got a sinking feeling.  Didn’t even read the message, immediately pulled up my Yahoo, and boom, there he is on my bench.  My leaguemate was referring to something else completely. ?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Waking up and seeing you got him this morning

Image result for antonio banderas gif

Yep! Pretty much! Both leagues!

• Haha 1

Just now, Impreza178 said:

Being one of Keenums top 2 WRs is a good thing.   

I think being a WR that doesn't have Keenum throwing you the football is a good thing. 

Anyone starting him this week vs HOU? Is he worth a start as a flex in a 12 team league? I'd like to see how he does at least one week before I plug him in my lineup but hate to leave him on the bench and have him blow up.

Anyone here been watching DEN games? I haven't seen a single one. Is this a guy who Keenum will target in the red zone?

Just now, RoseLin23 said:

Anyone starting him this week vs HOU? Is he worth a start as a flex in a 12 team league? I'd like to see how he does at least one week before I plug him in my lineup but hate to leave him on the bench and have him blow up.

Anyone here been watching DEN games? I haven't seen a single one. Is this a guy who Keenum will target in the red zone?

RZ is his greatest strength.  He’s now looking at 85%+ snap share to go with it    Of course it depends on your options but he’s been a big part of this offense from the drop.    He’s a guy u want to find a way to flex if possible 

3 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

He's like a young Demaryius. He's big and fast.  He has red zone target written on his chest.  The dude is going to be a beast imho. He's absolutely worth a start.  The best part about his situation is he already knows the offense and qb unlike say, Golden Tate, who has to learn the Eagles playbook and waste your time developing a connection with the qb.  Start him and smile. 

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Like 1

Yes starting him bc crazy 5 players on bye for me ( thanks Tate ) and yes Keenum looks for him in the red zone.  That was the one thing I noticed watching the few Broncos prime time games is Sutton was basically doing what DT used to do IE be the big guy in the red zone they throw it to. 

Does this guy have the pedigree to break long ones?  What's his speed for his size?

Edited by Zak0221

Anyone think he’s capable of averaging 6 rec./ 91 yds per game through these last 8 games, and maybe 5 TD’s over that span?

• Like 1

Denver's Red Zone Targets This Year:

Heuerman - 12

Thomas - 8

Sanders - 6

Sutton - 4

Heuerman has caught 3 of those 12 targets. Sutton being 6'3 and replacing Thomas as the other starting WR opposite Sanders should mean plenty of Red Zone targets going forward. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the #1 option in the RZ going forward.

2 minutes ago, DerekQ said:

Anyone think he’s capable of averaging 6 rec./ 91 yds per game through these last 8 games, and maybe 5 TD’s over that span?

I’d say that’s right on.  Wr2 with upside.   Case throwing the rock 40 times seems to be the plan most weeks.   To the chagrin of the faithful.    Freeman banged up doesn’t help the running volume either.  

7 minutes ago, DerekQ said:

no.  those numbers equate to 96 catches, 1,356 yards, and 10 TD'S over a full season.  you're talking a top 5 receiver with those numbers.  No he is not a top 5 receiver

Edited by TommyKramer

1 minute ago, Mikeyvegas said:

What's a good comparison? Pre-AJG- injury TYLER BOYD type of volume / usage?

Hes cut from a different cloth than Boyd.  Alshon would be a good comp.   9ish Targets, solid depth of target, plenty of RZ chances. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Sanders leads the team in target share with about 21% followed by DT who was at about 19% Sutton has been at about 13%. Jeff Hiermann leads the team in redzone targets at around12 I believe followed by DT at 5 and Sutton at 3. Sutton gets a huge boost but he will most likely still not be the top guy. Sutton does average 19.1 air yards per target which is huge. Sutton has also made a lot of big plays that have been called back.  

9 minutes ago, DerekQ said:

That's a 96 Rec 1456 Yards 10 TD season...I think you need to lower your expectations quite a bit.

Let's stop holding this guys hand with the FAAB bidding. There's a whole thread for it in the AC forum. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DerekQ said:

Thats high end WR1 numbers.   So no

Just now, Colonel Forbin said:

That's a 96 Rec 1456 Yards 10 TD season...I think you need to lower your expectations quite a bit.

There’s zero reason he can’t catch 6 balls a game.    And the target depth suggests decent yardage to boot.  

Sanders and Sutton can split 20 targets and still be 15-20 shy of Keenums average.