lolcopter

Courtland Sutton 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

What's really cool is they won w/o Sutton being any kind of factor.

 

Why didn't they trade Sutton as well - they have all they need apparently. Most NFL QBs don't have to see their WR 5-10 yards away to be comfortable throwing to them.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2018 at 4:05 PM, jtbgator said:

 

 

Well said gentlemen, well said.

 

On 11/7/2018 at 2:47 PM, Impreza178 said:

 

 

 

Morons..your bus is leaving 

 

On 11/7/2018 at 3:44 PM, SonataArctica said:

I bought Sutton for his opportunity and schedule rest of the season with the full expectation that he would probably have a mediocre game his first game as the no.2 against the Texans. It’s funny that people are panicking and not looking long term but instead just what is in front of them. If you dropped him for a washed up dez Bryant, you don’t know how to fantasy football

 

On 11/7/2018 at 3:48 PM, frog34 said:

Bye week at the right time for Sutton. If there's a time when rookies can step up their game, it's usually during the bye week. He went into the season as their WR2 and goes into the bye as the clearcut WR2. With a juicy schedule, a defense that's not what it used to be and a QB who has proven that he can make WRs relevant for fantasy, I like his situation a lot. No doubt he is in WR2 territory after their bye.

Some butthurt sutton fan deleted my post cuz they cnt take the heat. Oh damn. Bye week came and left and this wr 2 sutton is really lighting up the league right now. Bryant unfortunately got injured but sutton has been on the field and is putting up flex numbers at best. No doubt bryant would have outscored his 9-10 ppg. Prolly your first time playing FF getting caught up in the hype. Smh..yall shudnt be allowed to give your dumb "advice" *yawn*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cooks and Hunt on bye and Green injured so I start this bloke for the 1st time all season, and he has his worst game lmao c'mon mane.  Shoulda rolled out David Moore OBVIOUSLY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, spidybl said:

did he have joe haden shadowing him this game? that could have played a role. Haden shuts people down. His next games should be far better

The endless optimism it sucks me in every time...he hasn't had a far better game yet.... mildly? Yes.... but this mfr still hasn't had that game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, n4sa said:

If you actually are starting this guy, you never had a shot to begin with.

all the so called experts liked Courtland Sutton over Larry Fitzgerald

 

I listened to the experts. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news if you really wanted sutton but missed out on the waiver wire a couple weeks back. You probably get a second chance on Thursday!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

the breakout is coming - hope you guys are prepared 

 

 

Image result for skeleton waiting meme

 

 

And if and when it comes.....it'll feel like...about.......

 

tenor.gif

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three things:  Keenum is the check down king.  He targeted Heuerman and fricking Mustache Matt LaCosse much more than Sutton.

Second, Keenum is horribly inaccurate.  One of the passes to Sutton, on a slant, was WAY behind Sutton and all but completely uncatchable.  Sutton did well to at least get boths hands on it and keep it from being a pick.

Third, it looked to me that Joe Haden was locked up on Sutton for much of the game.  That's a tough matchup for anyone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Rotoworld hype machine strikes again.  You guys need to just stop.  It ruins every thread on these fringe guys.

Sometimes logic in fantasy doesn't work, but that doesn't mean it was the wrong logic. Sutton has shown big play ability as their 3rd WR with a limited target share. Big RZ target. Then they traded DT going into their bye week. With no other significant playmaker at WR or TE, it was expected that Sutton gets a good chunk of DT's target share. Hasn't been the case, but the logic was right.

 

In fantasy even the best logics are prone to fail. MVS is playing more snaps than ever with Cobb out, but Cobb in there acutally helps him to get more valuable downfield targets which suit his style. Most people stayed away from Gus Edwards because this was supposed to be an ugly RBBC depending on TDs given what we saw all season, but here is Gus The Bus rolling on his way to 40 carries in 2 games and is now the only Ravens RB to rush for back-to-back 100 yards since probably Ray Rice.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantasy footballers express agony at starting rookie WRs: more at 11

Edited by lolcopter
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Three things:  Keenum is the check down king.  He targeted Heuerman and fricking Mustache Matt LaCosse much more than Sutton.

Second, Keenum is horribly inaccurate.  One of the passes to Sutton, on a slant, was WAY behind Sutton and all but completely uncatchable.  Sutton did well to at least get boths hands on it and keep it from being a pick.

Third, it looked to me that Joe Haden was locked up on Sutton for much of the game.  That's a tough matchup for anyone.

 

5 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Sometimes logic in fantasy doesn't work, but that doesn't mean it was the wrong logic. Sutton has shown big play ability as their 3rd WR with a limited target share. Big RZ target. Then they traded DT going into their bye week. With no other significant playmaker at WR or TE, it was expected that Sutton gets a good chunk of DT's target share. Hasn't been the case, but the logic was right.

 

In fantasy even the best logics are prone to fail. MVS is playing more snaps than ever with Cobb out, but Cobb in there acutally helps him to get more valuable downfield targets which suit his style. Most people stayed away from Gus Edwards because this was supposed to be an ugly RBBC depending on TDs given what we saw all season, but here is Gus The Bus rolling on his way to 40 carries in 2 games and is now the only Ravens RB to rush for back-to-back 100 yards since probably Ray Rice.

 

Correct on both counts- it has nothing to do with “Rotoworld Hype”.    He’s got the DT role and that won’t change under VJ and Billy Moose.    His target share has increased around 1 per game since the promotion which hasn’t yet translated to increased production.     To add one point:  The Broncos line is now stuffed with backups who run block MUCH better than pass block.    It’s gonna be tough to count on anyone outside of Lindsay and Sanders most weeks. 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 2:57 PM, mjb03003 said:

I love Sutton but here's what "The Worksheet" has on him this week:

 

  • Courtland Sutton: He’s still yet to see a target spike from the departure of Demaryius Thomas and has three or fewer receptions in every game still this season. The Steelers have defended the deep ball better than anyone this season.

 

Looking at the game log it seems like they've done a good job limiting WRs, especially in recent weeks. Since their week 7 bye, no WR has more than 58 yards against Pittsburgh. Earlier in the season it looks like they were getting roasted by one and sometimes 2 WRs every week.

 

I guess I'm just not sure I see this as a good matchup for Sutton, let alone a great matchup...

 

Yeah, it wasn't a good matchup... Of course it would be nice to see him perform regardless of matchups, and at this point it may be too late for him to work his way back into the circle of trust before the critical playoff weeks, but I remain a big-time believer in his talent long-term. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

 

Yeah, it wasn't a good matchup... Of course it would be nice to see him perform regardless of matchups, and at this point it may be too late for him to work his way back into the circle of trust before the critical playoff weeks, but I remain a big-time believer in his talent long-term. 

 

Agree.  The talent is there.  Only thing missing is a QB and/or opportunity.

 

I still think a blowup will happen at some point though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hardest part of the schedule is over for him. If he keeps putting up poor fantasy outings after this then maybe he's going to a next year option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mitchellcole said:

Heuerman done for the year. Maybe he gets a bump in usage now

 

Keenum will just throw to LaCosse, or the Bronco's will continue to run all game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he was getting 7 to 9 targets a game I'm sure it'd be a world of difference... but he hasn't yet.... I just can't believe the crap about moving demaryius to get this kid in the line up more and they don't even target him more....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me its simply about not trusting rookie WRs, especially ones that are the #2 option is average to below average passing attacks.  Sure every now and then you'll have a Stefon Diggs, OBJ, or Mike Evans but those are extremely rare.  Best to treat Sutton/DJ Moore/Ridley/etc as replaceable WR3s.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They?

 

QBs make or break players in FF.  It's really up to Keenum, just like it is up to Rogers to get MVS involved.  To be honest I don't like either chance much this season.  Hopefully next year after working out in the offseason and TC Keenum or whoever is the QB will get on the same page as Sutton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.