lolcopter

Courtland Sutton 2018 Outlook

From Footballguys. I still can’t start him.

Denver Broncos Passing Offense at Cincinnati Bengals Passing Defense (Great Matchup)

Case Keenum and the Broncos passing attack is one that appears to want to transition to a ball control, game management type offense instead of the heavy passing attack that we saw earlier this season. A large part of this is that Courtland Sutton has not developed as the Broncos would have hoped and has struggled with consistency which ultimately led to Vance Joseph publically challenging Sutton to play better. Over the last few weeks, this offense has had success running the ball that they have not needed to take chances and Keenum has not turned the ball over in three weeks after throwing at least one interception in the prior eight games. This is an offense that desperately needs a second receiving threat to step up especially after the loss of Jeff Heuerman who had 16 receptions over the last three weeks. 

The Bengals secondary is one of, if not the worst unit in football as really it is a pick which way you want to beat this defense whether it is through the air or on the ground. The Bengals have allowed 300 yards or more or three touchdowns or more in every game except two this season in which they played the run-heavy Dolphins led by Ryan Tannehill and Lamar Jackson two weeks ago in which they allowed 117 yards rushing. The issue for the Bengals is that they are one of the few teams that plays a base 4-3 defense as their primary defense and do not frequently go to a Nickel package leaving their linebackers in tough spots covering wide receivers. The Bengals have allowed the most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks on the year and could be a get right game for the Broncos passing attack if they choose to go that way.

40 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

From Footballguys. I still can’t start him.

Denver Broncos Passing Offense at Cincinnati Bengals Passing Defense (Great Matchup)

Case Keenum and the Broncos passing attack is one that appears to want to transition to a ball control, game management type offense instead of the heavy passing attack that we saw earlier this season. A large part of this is that Courtland Sutton has not developed as the Broncos would have hoped and has struggled with consistency which ultimately led to Vance Joseph publically challenging Sutton to play better. Over the last few weeks, this offense has had success running the ball that they have not needed to take chances and Keenum has not turned the ball over in three weeks after throwing at least one interception in the prior eight games. This is an offense that desperately needs a second receiving threat to step up especially after the loss of Jeff Heuerman who had 16 receptions over the last three weeks. 

The Bengals secondary is one of, if not the worst unit in football as really it is a pick which way you want to beat this defense whether it is through the air or on the ground. The Bengals have allowed 300 yards or more or three touchdowns or more in every game except two this season in which they played the run-heavy Dolphins led by Ryan Tannehill and Lamar Jackson two weeks ago in which they allowed 117 yards rushing. The issue for the Bengals is that they are one of the few teams that plays a base 4-3 defense as their primary defense and do not frequently go to a Nickel package leaving their linebackers in tough spots covering wide receivers. The Bengals have allowed the most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks on the year and could be a get right game for the Broncos passing attack if they choose to go that way.

Lol. It's not Sutton's fault. DT just had a two touchdown game for Houston last week after being ineffective with Keenum throwing to him all year. 

• Thanks 1

Why do I torment myself by rostering Case Keenum's WRs, year after year, and keep hoping Keenum will manage to get them the ball?

35 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Why do I torment myself by rostering Case Keenum's WRs, year after year, and keep hoping Keenum will manage to get them the ball?

seems like last year keenum's receivers last season did well. diggs didn't play a full season, but with 64 rec / 850 yards / 8 TDs he outperformed his ADP (and landed at 8th in TD rankings). theilen was #8 overall with receptions, #5 with total yards, 91 rec / 1276 yards / 4 TDs.

and seems like sanders is doing well (15 overall with receptions ahead of mike evans and robert woods, 15 overall with yards ahead of keenan allen and TY hilton), currently with 67 rec / 850 yards / 4 TDs, stats which are bound to increase this week vs the shoddiest of defenses.

case keenum is not the problem when it comes to WRs, at least if you choose his #1.

sutton is sutton: a talented rookie who was most likely not even drafted in fantasy, someone who can break out at any point. good matchup this week, playable as a FLEX over some WRs, benchable over others.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

His issue of late has been lazy route running. Basic fundamental stuff. For instance last week he ran a corner route where he cut to the outside with his inside foot. This is a no no and basic route running 101. For obvious injury type reasons. He ran multiple curl routes where his cut was 5 steps. Watch manny run the same route with a 2 step cut. I hope VJ’s chewing out will motivate him to step up his game. If not Daeshan Hamilton is a great route runner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gravy said:

His issue of late has been lazy route running. Basic fundamental stuff. For instance last week he ran a corner route where he cut to the outside with his inside foot. This is a no no and basic route running 101. For obvious injury type reasons. He ran multiple curl routes where his cut was 5 steps. Watch manny run the same route with a 2 step cut. I hope VJ’s chewing out will motivate him to step up his game. If not Daeshan Hamilton is a great route runner.

seemed like last week joe haden was riding sutton piggyback for most of the game ---- most WRs would suffer the same poor results regardless of route running, and joe haden has been outstanding. keenum saw this and sanders reaped the benefits

disclaimer: piggyback representation does not use real NFL players

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, poofinger said:

This is definitely the week he goes off...

if not "goes off," at least provides flex value. consider he was a waiver wire get, that's what we can realistically hope for. i have no issue plugging him in at flex over golden tate, anthony miller, sterling shepard, mike williams, any packers receiver not named adams, all jets, bills, dolphins, and even ravens WRs, and i'm definitely relieved i'm playing him over benchwarmer tre'quan smith

1 hour ago, Sack Exchange said:

seemed like last week joe haden was riding sutton piggyback for most of the game ---- most WRs would suffer the same poor results regardless of route running, and joe haden has been outstanding. keenum saw this and sanders reaped the benefits

disclaimer: piggyback representation does not use real NFL players

giphy.gif

I'm glad you included the disclaimer. I was about to re-add Sutton just on the basis of being the second-most attractive NFL player going.

1 hour ago, Brotherbock said:

I'm glad you included the disclaimer. I was about to re-add Sutton just on the basis of being the second-most attractive NFL player going.

Lol and the first?

• Haha 1

We have some true Courtland Sutton Bros in here.  When your CS is down and making drops....how do we get our bros back all riled up?  We put moving gifs of chicks in bikinis.  That is some true CSBro love.  

9 hours ago, Brotherbock said:

Sorry, thought that was obvious.

russell-wilson-5.jpg

Brady lost that crown in 2012.

Frankenstein?

Ya'll just jelly of the power Russell Wilson has over straight women and gay men. I recognize that power even though I'm neither of those things. He's like a super-handsome hypnotoad.

This is the only week I have been optimistic about Sutton and the first time I am putting him in my lineup.  Like the above poster said, if it doesn't happen today, it won't.

6 hours ago, KRB80 said:

This is the only week I have been optimistic about Sutton and the first time I am putting him in my lineup.  Like the above poster said, if it doesn't happen today, it won't.

JhJ-yJ.gif

• Like 2

He sat out the rest of the game after the TD while being looked at by trainers. They didn't need him anyway so he sat - but I want to get some sort of info on what the injury was.

Either way - he's remaining on my roster to the bitter end now that he came through in a big way. 

Glad I held but didn’t start him. Somewhat fluky. He’s a next year guy.

12 minutes ago, collucho said:

Anyone starting this guy!?

Very possibly starting him -- good matchup and my other flex options are worrisome for other reasons (J. Adams, Boyd, Baldwin, Drake)

I'll probably come to my senses and plug in Adams, but I think he could do OK...

Likely starting him at flex in a good match-up vs 49ers.  Someone mentioned an injury? But no mention of it that I can find. No designation either.

hmm..

41 minutes ago, jamesisharden said:

Very possibly starting him -- good matchup and my other flex options are worrisome for other reasons (J. Adams, Boyd, Baldwin, Drake)

I'll probably come to my senses and plug in Adams, but I think he could do OK...

Adams definitely