Spyplane

Mikal Bridges 2018-19 Season Outlook

This kid is going to be fine in Feb/March. There will be some rough games, sure, but the writing is looking very good on the wall: insane length, good shot, instincts for steals and most importantly a good head on his shoulders.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

So eventually he should start over Ariza right??

Ariza is too good to be on that team, they will have to move him and start the young guys 

edit: too good meaning, he could help a team seeking a championship

Edited by jim james

minutes are there at least

if he's only averaging ~7 shots a night, you've got to expect scoring nights like these

Have both Ariza and Mikal. Definitely seems like Suns are giving Ariza heavy minutes to trade him, but looks like he's not even trying out there. Mikal on the other hand got 29 minutes coming off the bench and is playing his butt off every minute on the court.

Best case scenario Ariza gets traded next month to a contender (sixers =) where he'll actually put in some effort and Mikal gobbles up the vacant minutes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, atlantadynasty said:

minutes are great, seems like a lock for 28+ mins since they are so bad 

I'm pretty sure you can get him for Cody Zeller or something like this😛

Man if your putting assist, this guys like the ultimate stash. 

Wetdream on the waiver wire type potential asset :lol:

• Thanks 1

Mikal Bridges scored five points with four rebounds, one assist, three steals and no turnovers in 29 minutes against the Bulls on Wednesday.
After the game, coach Igor Kokoskov said the Suns "forgot" to play defense and he really focused on the lack of effort. Before the game, general manager James Jones talked about the plan for Bridges' development. Jones said he didn't want Bridges chasing PGs, and mentioned it's "an ongoing conversation for us is how can we find more minutes for Mikal." Given Bridges' success next to Devin Booker and his impact defensively, it's starting to feel like he'll be starting by the end of this month. He's still a hold and he's likely going to play enough minutes even if the Suns do want to bring him off the bench. Nov 21 - 11:43 PM

It certainly feels like he'll be playing major minutes fairly soon. He's already getting in the mid to late 20's most nights (25+ in 6 of the last 9 games) and is probably worth rostering right now for the elite steals alone (1.7 a game this month in just 22 minutes good for top 15 in the league; 10 steals in the last 3 games alone). If he's available he's a must add imo in 12+ standard leagues unless your team is already stacked in stocks and he's a strong hold in almost all cases. 
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Man I am weak for players like him. Threes, stocks and low TO's are my favorite categories and this kid could be my best pickup this year. Just have to hope the Suns don't screw it up.

Edited by Mad Luke
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mad Luke said:

Man I am weak for players like him. Threes, stocks and low TO's are my favorite categories and this kid could be my best pickup this year. Just have to hope the Suns don't screw it up.

His efficiency is also appealing. Doesn't hurt you at FG or FT.

• Like 4