Spyplane

Mikal Bridges 2018-19 Season Outlook

Sweet. Nice to see them being aggressive. I don't know if I can watch the game tonight, but if anyway can watch and share it would be awesome. 

Chose to start him over Danny. My thinking is that even if the Suns get blown out, Mikal will still get his minutes unless he is in foul trouble whereas the Wizards are likely to be blown out by the Raps with Kawhi playing though I have this feeling that the Wizards will play like rivals.

1 hour ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

Chose to start him over Danny. My thinking is that even if the Suns get blown out, Mikal will still get his minutes unless he is in foul trouble whereas the Wizards are likely to be blown out by the Raps with Kawhi playing though I have this feeling that the Wizards will play like rivals.

Not starting him for a while

2 minutes ago, jamaal99 said:

Not starting him for a while

I'm not sure who he is guarding but I somewhat expected him to be in foul trouble knowing that Giannis just manhandles people in the paint. Or it could just be a couple of silly reach ins.

Lets start with the good (or not?).....    he started.

We all screamed for this man to start, but when he starts with Warren, Ariza, Ayton and Booker, he never sees the ball on offense. Go sit in the corner and watch Booker or Warren operate. Ariza will get the kick out on double teams. Got into early foul trouble tonight courtesy of the Freak so that may have affected his aggressiveness on for stocks. 

Poor man's PJ Tucker at best until Suns go full tank or there's injury or roster change as mentioned by Zing. His minutes should be around 25-28 but with such low usage we shouldn't expect too much on offense. I wish they would move him back to the bench so when he plays with the 2nd unit he can be more aggressive. Unfortunately for now they really like having his switch-everything versatility in the 1st unit. Gonna hold for now and see how this shakes out.

4 minutes ago, bruceleroy7 said:

We all screamed for this man to start, but when he starts with Warren, Ariza, Ayton and Booker, he never sees the ball on offense. Go sit in the corner and watch Booker or Warren operate. Ariza will get the kick out on double teams. Got into early foul trouble tonight courtesy of the Freak so that may have affected his aggressiveness on for stocks. 

Poor man's PJ Tucker at best until Suns go full tank or there's injury or roster change as mentioned by Zing. His minutes should be around 25-28 but with such low usage we shouldn't expect too much on offense. I wish they would move him back to the bench so when he plays with the 2nd unit he can be more aggressive. Unfortunately for now they really like having his switch-everything versatility in the 1st unit. Gonna hold for now and see how this shakes out.

Yeah the typical rookie inconsistency, also Crawford the chucker has been seeing more minutes which wont help him find more shots.

6 hours ago, bruceleroy7 said:

hmmm, fouls seems to be the problem with this kid. Last game was the same but staying positive. Keep him on the bench for a few more games and see what happens

I’m gonna keep him on my bench for a while to see how this plays out. Not ready to burn some games on him in my roto league, not after the last game anyway

Just now, DoctorLove said:

I’m gonna keep him on my bench for a while to see how this plays out. Not ready to burn some games on him in my roto league, not after the last game anyway

Yeah I was leaning toward benching him in my roto but my team is hurting for steals with Oladipo out so I'm plugging him in with the hopes he can get a couple of swipes at least. 

8 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

24 minutes ago, Stefan said:

WTF MIKAL ??!?!? Useless so far 1Q .... :( 

Did you expect him to come out and score 10 pts and get 5 steals after 1? lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Did you expect him to come out and score 10 pts and get 5 steals after 1? lol

I sure did not expect THIS ... !

23 freaking minutes ( 1ST HALF !) 2p 2r and nothing else ! :( 

image.png.630da1e93d112c0e793871e23536a366.png

Edited by Stefan

1 minute ago, Stefan said:

23 freaking minutes ( 1ST HALF !) 2p 2r !

This isn't his statline. He had 3 offensive rebounds on 1 possession. 

3 minutes ago, Stefan said:

23 freaking minutes ( 1ST HALF !) 2p 2r !

2 pts, 6 rebs in 17 min actually. The boxscores for this game has been wack for some reason. But even then, these are numbers you should expect from a guy like Bridges from time to time. Growing pains man.