Spyplane

Mikal Bridges 2018-19 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, chaiway said:

Seems a bit high, especially stls/blks for this year. If he is anywhere near this he's a bargain

I'm looking a scenario where they are no longer trying to compete or are running out their rooks, remember one of the reasons they traded for Bridges was because he was one of the most NBA ready players coming out. But it is definitely too high for prior to the All Star Break. 

It looks like Ryno is out of his way in the rotation. I've added him because he was pretty decent in the last three games, I hope he doesn't lose that value when Booker returns.

7 minutes ago, Mad Luke said:

It looks like Ryno is out of his way in the rotation. I've added him because he was pretty decent in the last three games, I hope he doesn't lose that value when Booker returns.

Kind of feels like Josh Jackson is in his way until Ariza gets traded later in the season. JJ hasn't helped his case and bridges has been impressive in limited minutes

11 hours ago, chaiway said:

Kind of feels like Josh Jackson is in his way until Ariza gets traded later in the season. JJ hasn't helped his case and bridges has been impressive in limited minutes

It looks like he might have passed JJ. Best thing for JJ is to take a seat, just like last year. It woke him up. Dude doesn't let the game come to him.

Bridges looking good lately and closed this one out. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to the SF/PF rotation a couple months from now?  

It feels like Jackson and Anderson are taking a back seat and Ariza and Bridges are going to be more relied upon. Still not sure how Warren fits in.

14+ Teamers Add

10-12 Teamers Wait/Stash (12 Teams)

He is spending more time with Booker/Ayton. I believe he played most of the second half and taking minutes from Jackson. But Warren was out last night. Sooner or later Mikail Bridges will start and hopefully get around 28-30 minutes. He is currently getting around 22-25 minutes these past 2-3 games. 

He reminds me of a poor man Ariza with a ceiling of Middleton-esque stats.  

Edited by XOrad10
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, XOrad10 said:

14+ Teamers Add

10-12 Teamers Wait/Stash (12 Teams)

He is spending more time with Booker/Ayton. I believe he played most of the second half and taking minutes from Jackson. But Warren was out last night. Sooner or later Mikail Bridges will start and hopefully get around 28-30 minutes. He is currently getting around 22-25 minutes these past 2-3 games. 

He reminds me of a poor man Ariza with a ceiling of Middleton-esque stats.  

The best part is that it looks like they are actively looking for him to shoot the 3 where before guys would try to take it themselves

My 6ers really mesed up lettin this kid go...<_<

Maybe I should learn from their mistake and scoop him up now...

Warren was out, but that is a phrase that has been written many times before...

WW writeups don't have him in there yet, but Devin Booker sure would scoop him up if he played fantasy...lotta gushing over the rook last nite in the post interview...

plays tomorrow, Saric has been making me a sad Homie the clown... :(

hmmmm... decisions decisions...

One thing is for sure...Eye test=PASSED

:ph34r:

First I picked up Miles Brigdes in my 16-team league, then I saw there is a better Bridges on the wire. I'm gonna keep him for some time, the potential is there, and playing on a bad team must help. I just hope Ryno falls out of the rotation at some point.

I have crossed over to Bridges...here's to the journey being a fruitful one...and here's to hopin Igor unleashes him...

He's hit 178 of 205 free throws (86.8%) since the start of his Sophomore year and has a quicker release on three point attempts than Klay Thompson (0.73 seconds vs. 0.79 seconds). If he can maintain the high steal rate and find a way to see the court for about 28 minutes per game, we may have ourselves a top 50 player.

• Like 3

Didn't do a whole lot but minutes look to be on the upswing. Seems to have leapfrogged Josh Jackson in the rotation.

5 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

Is this guy rosterable in 12 player leagues? over someone like Dedmon or RHJ? 

i think he's pretty useless now but that can change in a hurry, I'd wait til he has a big game at least unless you have dead weight 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

Is this guy rosterable in 12 player leagues? over someone like Dedmon or RHJ? 

Just stash and wait for now if you have any dead weight and your team is good enough to handle a non-IR stash. 

Some interesting facts about this kid:

Phoenix has outscored opponents by 40.4 points per 100 possessions during the 24 minutes Bridges has played with franchise centerpieces Devin Booker and Deandre Ayton. The Suns have been outscored by 8.2 points per 100 possessions when Jackson is on the court with Booker and Ayton. The four players have only overlapped for 1.7 minutes, so the previous on-court/off-court statistics aren’t skewed by instances when both were on the court.

No team in the NBA has given their players more spot-up opportunities (23.5 percent) than the Suns have so far this season. This is how Bridges has been used most often (42.2 percent) early on. He spotted up quite a bit (40.9 percent) in college last season with Villanova as well.

I think he fits in nicely and obviously he is a better complementary player around Ayton and Booker than Jackson. I smell breakout soon.

Edited by Mad Luke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

you already know that's a really small sample. additionally Jackson completely sucks and any of Phoenix's forwards rate better than him I'm sure outside of tragic Bender

• Like 1