Spyplane

Mikal Bridges 2018-19 Season Outlook

This is the time we build...bridges...with Mikal. He has a potential ceiling of Khris Middleton. Let’s see what happens. (Career high in fouls). 

3 hours ago, chaiway said:

I tend to agree with @thezing1 in that booker was developing nice chemistry w/ Mikal and draws the attention of the D. 

On the flip side though, they can play Okobo and Bridges together instead of them affecting each others minutes, especially when TJ is out as well.

I'd say the 'chemistry' between Booker and Bridges is - one guy plays offense, one guy plays defense. Yes Booker draws a lot of attention, but he rarely passes to Mikal. Ayton and Warren are his first options, then Ariza. The only time I see Mikal really getting the ball is from Ariza, and usually in transition.

Booker out should help Mikal get more opportunities. Okobo and Josh Jackson will be more willing to pass and get Bridges involved so lets see what happens.

Best case we should hope the Suns get blown out by the 2nd quarter every game then we should see Mikal get his numbers up

• Like 1

If he was 1/6 from 3 (and therefore 4/11 from field) with a line of: 10/3/2/3/2, we'd be pretty stoked. 

Frustratingly it's with TJ out, but could be worth a patient hold. 

29 minutes ago, Donqueefa said:

If he was 1/6 from 3 (and therefore 4/11 from field) with a line of: 10/3/2/3/2, we'd be pretty stoked. 

Frustratingly it's with TJ out, but could be worth a patient hold. 

Agree - with Booker and TJ out and a high probability of getting blown out every night, all the opportunity is there. He got 34 min tonight just needs to make his shots

At least he is taking shots. In fact, 0/7 from three. If he made a couple that would be a real nice line. I am somehow encouraged (the 5 stocks probably done the trick for me.)

Everyone touting him as a BobCov lite , well this line is exactly what I imagine a BobCov lite would produce. 

• Like 1

No this game was the worst game the NBA has ever presented for its fans. Sac players literally got out of their way , it was a practice drill out there. Consistency to rack the steals and blocks aren’t there , there’s fire in rookies and he doesn’t show it. Still a child at 22, considering he had so much experience in college, no assertion to ask for the ball. No moves for rhythm jumper, points came off a air ball shot  put back. JJ better off at this point. but he will get minutes and somehow do something with them. But ugh that was no heart from the suns. Hard to watch the game change like this 

• Like 3

Thank you for those stocks though. 3 steals and 2 blocks - what I needed.

13 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

The Suns are such a dumpster fire, goddamn.

YES :D 
UOR3.gif

Edited by Stefan

Let's just hope that Suns trade Ariza AND bring back a starting-caliber point guard. MB isn't ready to create his own shots yet so he really needs a capable point guard to set him up

On 11/25/2018 at 5:58 PM, bsu27 said:

Most overhyped fantasy player currently. 

Only if you have a Basketball Monster subscription and are incapable of forming your own opinions. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Only if you have a Basketball Monster subscription and are incapable of forming your own opinions. 

Image result for step brothers snap.gif

But yea with all the ariza smoke hes all but traded imo so if you can stash go ahead, will still give you some light stocks even on the bad days

3 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Image result for step brothers snap.gif

But yea with all the ariza smoke hes all but traded imo so if you can stash go ahead, will still give you some light stocks even on the bad days

Yeah still a rock solid stash, but when the team was healthy (which it isn't now) anybody expecting production in 2018 was delusional. Dude can't score or rebound yet. The steals are great but he's a low-end guy. He should have plenty of value with the 30+ mpg though

His value will be apparent when Trevor Ariza is gone. As a starter in 2019, this guy has the potential to average a little less than 2 threes and 2 steals a game.

9 minutes ago, stevenzhang said:

His value will be apparent when Trevor Ariza is gone.

This is no foregone conclusion. Phoenix has been rebuilding for years, and yet Tyson Chandler was a Sun for over 3 seasons. There are several other examples around the league.

14 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

This is no foregone conclusion. Phoenix has been rebuilding for years, and yet Tyson Chandler was a Sun for over 3 seasons. There are several other examples around the league.

I definitely see your point but Chandler was signed to a 4 year deal and the Sun's front court prospects were duds. Ariza signed a 1 year deal and already has a suitable replacement. I also don't believe Ariza was brought to the Suns to be a veteran mentor. 

6 minutes ago, stevenzhang said:

I definitely see your point but Chandler was signed to a 4 year deal and the Sun's front court prospects were duds. Ariza signed a 1 year deal and already has a suitable replacement. I also don't believe Ariza was brought to the Suns to be a veteran mentor. 

Again, there are a lot of examples (off the top of my head, Thaddeus Young on multiple teams, several Magic frontcourt players) of this happening. Trades are always less likely than people like to think.

38 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Again, there are a lot of examples (off the top of my head, Thaddeus Young on multiple teams, several Magic frontcourt players) of this happening. Trades are always less likely than people like to think.

If I'm not mistaken, Thaddeus Young never signed a 1 year deal with any team. Nothing is guaranteed but I like my chances.

• Confused 1

At least you know the Suns will always try to pad their young players' stats  (just look what they have done with Devin Booker). They will play Bridges even if it's a 20 point blowout lol

On 12/6/2018 at 2:49 AM, bballshinobi said:

Let's just hope that Suns trade Ariza AND bring back a starting-caliber point guard. MB isn't ready to create his own shots yet so he really needs a capable point guard to set him up

PLEASE take Markelle Fultz and his thoracic outlet syndrome! Its a 'physical' injury and its curable. Ariza and a 2nd rounder should be enough do it please. He doesn't like to shoot so JJ can take 25 shots per game and MB can go from 6 to 8 shots per game

• Haha 1

So.... Anyone know what Igor was yelling at him about? 

• Like 1

Pretty sure this means hes being sent to the dog house after this.  You dont shrug the coach off when hes talking to you. This alone and the ramifications that come with it gives me the go ahead to finally drop him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1