Spyplane

Mikal Bridges 2018-19 Season Outlook

i'll be back once suns hopefully turn the reigns over to him. probably 2nd half of the season steal going into playoffs. :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, Nate1213 said:

Why do you say that? I've heard the same from SGA and White. Why is this guy different? Not trying to be a d!ck, trying to decide if I should take a flyer on him. 

In competitive leagues with 150+ players rostered you have to be proactive about these type of guys

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

In competitive leagues with 150+ players rostered you have to be proactive about these type of guys

Most users play non-competitive 10-team leagues. That’s why most people here are noobs and shouldn’t be taken seriously!

Edited by bilotos13
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

I'm in a 10 team weekly league with 13 roster spots and a IR spot. Not sure I can pick someone up right now to hold until the second half. But yes I understand that. I did this with SGA and JJJ. They are just luckily in better situations. 

If you can gamble and wait until Ariza is traded or injured, sure. 2 or 3 good games on one of the worst teams in the league is an overreaction!

23 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

But when? I mean, we're 15 games into the season. That would be a quick hook lol.

my money is Dec 15 which is the first date that Phoenix can trade him and many other players will become available for trade

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/08/players-who-cant-be-traded-until-december-15-3.html 

23 minutes ago, chaiway said:

my money is Dec 15 which is the first date that Phoenix can trade him and many other players will become available for trade

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/08/players-who-cant-be-traded-until-december-15-3.html 

I am not sure Phoenix is eager to deal Ariza. They cut Tyson and they want a veteran presence for the youth. Anderson and Crawford don't really fulfill that leadership role IMO. Ariza talks about how much he learned from watching Kobe work and I think the only way Ariza impacts the youth is if they see him grinding day in day out. It isn't like they are getting a great asset for Ariza anyway and salary will have to come back in a trade. Unless he is leveraged into a PG I don't think the Suns are dealing him immediately. 

"STASH" Pickup in Competitive leagues 12+ 

= Your team is strong enough to stash Bridges. 

= On the radar now with all the fantasy basketball websites talking about him. 

= Your team needs 1-1-1 stats. 

Mikal is the kind of guy you either get too early, or try to get too late.  Guess you gotta decide which way you'd prefer to go. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MynameisMudd said:

Mikal is the kind of guy you either get too early, or try to get too late.  Guess you gotta decide which way you'd prefer to go. 

I did that for both SGA and JJJ, and even if Bridges doesn't pan out, two out of three ain't so bad. <_<

9 minutes ago, brosephd said:

could put up 2010-2011 dorrell wright numbers with better efficiency. 

He's not going to put up 16 points a game. There are so many guys who are willing to shoot the ball on this team - Booker, Ayton, Warren, Ariza, Josh Jackson - Bridges just won't command enough usage this year to average 16 points. I think Otto Porter's 3rd season is a more realistic comp:

11 points, 5 rebounds, 1.5 steals, 1.5 threes.

14 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

He's not going to put up 16 points a game. There are so many guys who are willing to shoot the ball on this team - Booker, Ayton, Warren, Ariza, Josh Jackson - Bridges just won't command enough usage this year to average 16 points. I think Otto Porter's 3rd season is a more realistic comp:

11 points, 5 rebounds, 1.5 steals, 1.5 threes.

That's money right there though. Money counters all day. 

Suns loving paying and playing older guys like Ariza. Look what happened with Chandler last year. 

Unless Ariza gets traded or is hurt, how is Mikal going to get the minutes he deserves? 

Edited by HotSauce24
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, brosephd said:

Maybe but he's a completely different player.

11 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Suns loving paying and playing older guys like Ariza. Look what happened with Chandler last year. 

Unless Ariza gets traded or is hurt, how is Mikal going to get the minutes he deserves? 

Exactly this, I don’t see how this guy gets more than 15-20 min per. 

23 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

11 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Yeah, Ariza is a problem, but the guy stealing his minutes is actually Josh Jackson, and he's playing like crap. I wouldn't be surprised if they trade Jackson, he's just not a good fit with this team, not now or in the future.

10 minutes ago, chud12 said:

8 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Don't forget Canaan getting 25-30 min a game. :lol:

Clearly you guys aren’t following the Suns.  I hope you guys don’t miss out the Bridge Hype train. He has gotten 20+ minutes in a handful of games even with Ariza playing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brosephd said:

Memories... I grabbed him early, because had injured player and even tried to package him in a trade. Then he became some sort of Rambo in fantasy and helped me to win the title. Many reached for him the next season and were killed...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, XOrad10 said:

Clearly you guys aren’t following the Suns.  I hope you guys don’t miss out the Bridge Hype train. He has gotten 20+ minutes in a handful of games even with Ariza playing. 

Agreed. He will get minutes for sure. The question is just how many. If he gets 20-24 I think he'll still be serviceable for 14+ leagues, but if Ariza gets traded and he gets 30 mins then I think he'll finish top 100 for sure

1 minute ago, montanski said:

Memories... I grabbed him early, because had injured player and even tried to package him in a trade. Then he became some sort of Rambo in fantasy and helped me to win the title. Many reached for him the next season and were killed...

He was pickup of the year in 2011 lol 

Back when teams weren't shooting 40 threes a game, having a player like him making almost 3 threes a game was gold!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, XOrad10 said:

He's back home in Philly tonight, in front of his momma, if there was any perfect ingredient for him to have another breakout game and force the minutes, it's this one, considering they traded him.

And if he's coming off the bench, so a good chance he's going against a "Fultz" led unit.

Sure he may put up a dud, but if he has a breakout game tonight, they probably gonna miss out.