SicarioSanity

Aaron Gordon 2018-2019 Season Outlook

2 minutes ago, Kingsolomon said:

Do you remember what injury was lagging him for most of the year?

he had a quad issue i think and multiple concussions if I can remember correctly. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brosephd said:

he had a quad issue i think and multiple concussions if I can remember correctly. 

i owned him and his concussions were always an issue last year

22 minutes ago, Akauders said:

Trash trash trash and almost drop city... this guy is waaaay overhyped

He is a jump shooter and this is what happens when his shot isn't falling. If you watch the games he absolutely loves his jumper. He will get long rebounds, run to the 3 point line, turn and shoot. He actually reminds me of a younger Zach LaVine where you wonder why he doesn't use his athleticism more to get to the rim and the stripe. Instead he just goes iso a lot and takes a lot of very tough long 2's. Anyway, the whole team looked awful so I would disregard this line, but there are definitely going to be more lines like this when his jumper isn't falling. At least he picked up some boards, assists, and a steal. Also, it is tough when you are the primary defender on Greek Freak. 

50 minutes ago, Akauders said:

Trash trash trash and almost drop city... this guy is waaaay overhyped

Drop city ??? 

4 minutes ago, brosephd said:

classic boom or bust

I can see how a organization gets fooled by Gordon. When his shot is on he looks elite and it is so easy to overlook that his shot selection isn't very good and he just made shots. When his shot is off you just get hit with the reality that he totally swindled you with that new contract and he has a long way to go. This might be drastic (not as bad as the "drop city"), but is he the Andrew Wiggins of hybrid forwards? I really don't want to overreact to a blowout, but Gordon really needs to evolve his game and that goes beyond looking at his FG%. He should be getting any shot he wants at any time. He has a long way to go. On a good roster he would be a nice 6th man/first forward off the bench for instant offense. If the shot falls he gets extended minutes. If it doesn't then you limit his minutes. 

I am guessing that Gordon is maybe pressing a bit with the contract and thinking he should be the man now on offense. He probably feels justified to take horrible shots since he gets paid the most. Until his shot selection changes he is fools gold. 

33 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

He is what he is very inconsistent with big lines followed up by stinkers.

I am blending the lines between fantasy and real life. I think he is fine for fantasy and at the end of the day he will post a decent stat line. I play roto so I don't really care about the volatility and inconsistency and only care about the overall stat line because he is going to be a plug and play option as long as he is healthy. Unfortunately, I have been watching a lot of the Magic games to start the year and my critique of Gordon is all about real life stuff. 

• Thanks 1

He's still 14-8-2 with 1-1-1, though with horrid efficiency, those numbers are still usable.

Forget about what you paid for him, that way it softens the blow of his garbage games. At least he's getting minutes

• Like 1

So after 2 solid games, it's gonna be one of those brutal shooting nights?  1 for 7 so far. :(

45 minutes ago, gill2k said:

So after 2 solid games, it's gonna be one of those brutal shooting nights?  1 for 7 so far. :(

At least he is giving us other stats.. rebounds, assists and steals.

• Like 1