FouLLine

Deivi Garcia - RHP NYY

From KlawChat today: (regarding Deivi's start yesterday)

"I'll write up the start soon, but his changeup was above average for me."
  • Like 2

Man I love this kid. Looks like a ten year vet in this video. Absolutely drool-worthy as a Yankee fan.

The command of that curve 🤤 The explosive fastball that touches 96-97. And the mound presence of a tiny 19 year old Pedro. 

I regret not taking this kid in my MILB draft earlier this year.  I wanted to take him, but figured he wasn't on anyone's radar in my league so I opted to go Graterol in hopes that I could snag this guy next season.  I hope I don't end up regretting that.

5IP, 3ER, 2BB, 9K in his third start throwing 50 of his 77 pitches for strikes. 

After today's start he owns a goofy 18.6 K/9 in AA ball all before turning 20 years old. What I like more is that the walks have decreased with each consecutive start. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/15/2019 at 1:21 PM, DannyMcPot said:

5IP, 3ER, 2BB, 9K in his third start throwing 50 of his 77 pitches for strikes. 

After today's start he owns a goofy 18.6 K/9 in AA ball all before turning 20 years old. What I like more is that the walks have decreased with each consecutive start. 

That's just absurd.

• Like 2

Officially keeping my eye out for this one, that Yankees starting staff needs help, especially if Severino in out for the year.

2 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

does anyone honestly believe this kid has a chance to make starts for the Yankees this year? 

Stranger things have happened, but I wouldn't think so at this point.  Pushing him into a pennant chasing environment with only a handful or so starts at AA wouldn't seem to be overly smart.  I think it would be more likely that the Yanks pursue Keuchel after the compensation pick is no longer tied to him and/or look for a veteran arm at the trade deadline for a playoff push rather than call up Garcia to the bigs.  Just my two cents for what it's worth.

• Like 1

If Deivi starts mixing in a good slider and his change up shows more consistency, he could be absolutely deadly.

With his last start that gives him 32K in 20 innings with a 2.62 xFIP in AA. Walks have been an issue but they have decreased in every start he's made. His last start was also his longest at 6 innings while inducing 17 swinging strikes. 

Oh, and happy 20th birthday Deivi

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DannyMcPot said:

If Deivi starts mixing in a good slider and his change up shows more consistency, he could be absolutely deadly.

With his last start that gives him 32K in 20 innings with a 2.62 xFIP in AA. Walks have been an issue but they have decreased in every start he's made. His last start was also his longest at 6 innings while inducing 17 swinging strikes. 

Oh, and happy 20th birthday Deivi

Yep he seems pretty good. Guy in one of my Dynasty league is trying to get him from me but his offers are comical. 

3 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

CC to the IL.

giphy.gif

.....just kidding. but Id be pretty stoked as a Yankee fan. were running out of options..

Ugh, I wish it was! Haha. We are running out of options and I am not convinced Sev is back any time soon.

While I love Deivi, I think he'd probably struggle for a bit if he came up this soon. Would have to be a desperation play.

1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

While I love Deivi, I think he'd probably struggle for a bit if he came up this soon. Would have to be a desperation play.

yanks wont rush him.  they will trade for mike leake before bringing deivi up this year

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, exaulz said:

Tonight's line

image.png.085053d7292a70be816f1f821d4793be.png

Beast. Another consecutive start lowering his walks. 

Next start he'll walk -1 guys. 

What's the injury risk on a cat like this? Very small frame and violent delivery (at least from the videos I've seen). I LOVE LOVE LOVE his stuff though. Fastball/Curve combo is gonna be nasty. 

On 5/23/2019 at 3:14 PM, jfazz23 said:

yanks wont rush him.  they will trade for mike leake before bringing deivi up this year

Yanks ain’t dumb ... there arms need help and he’s the answer - Cashman Knows!! He up post ASB in pen 📫

• Like 1