NYR Fan 116894

Jake Kumerow 2018 Outlook

11 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Tyrell is the clear #2 who is running with the starters in 2 WR sets. Rotoworld reported it earlier this week. 

Tyrell had 4TDs last year, and those were pretty much the days he was fantasy relevant.  He might be a WR3 this year, but it sounds like they want Mike Williams to be the end zone guy.

From CBS

As expected, Tyrell Williams had a huge letdown season in 2017 after his breakout campaign in 2016 because of a crowded receiving corps for the Chargers. And his stats last year are what you should expect this season. His production declined in a big way from 2016 to 2017 (52 fewer targets, 26 fewer catches, 331 fewer yards and three fewer touchdowns) because Keenan Allen was healthy and Mike Williams was added through the draft. Along with Hunter Henry, Antonio Gates, Melvin Gordon and Travis Benjamin, it was expected that Tyrell Williams would struggle, which he did. He should be considered a No. 4 Fantasy receiver at best on Draft Day, and he's only worth drafting with a late-round pick in the majority of leagues.

16 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

Tyrell had 4TDs last year, and those were pretty much the days he was fantasy relevant.  He might be a WR3 this year, but it sounds like they want Mike Williams to be the end zone guy.

From CBS

As expected, Tyrell Williams had a huge letdown season in 2017 after his breakout campaign in 2016 because of a crowded receiving corps for the Chargers. And his stats last year are what you should expect this season. His production declined in a big way from 2016 to 2017 (52 fewer targets, 26 fewer catches, 331 fewer yards and three fewer touchdowns) because Keenan Allen was healthy and Mike Williams was added through the draft. Along with Hunter Henry, Antonio Gates, Melvin Gordon and Travis Benjamin, it was expected that Tyrell Williams would struggle, which he did. He should be considered a No. 4 Fantasy receiver at best on Draft Day, and he's only worth drafting with a late-round pick in the majority of leagues.

I'd bet he gets more than 69 targets this year. Only volume is keeping him back. 

55 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

I’m not a big believer in Gordon’s talent, so someone is going to have a breakout year...  

Ekeler seems like the guy to me.  Skip the WRs.

13 minutes ago, dogfightgiggle said:

Ekeler seems like the guy to me.  Skip the WRs.

From what little I’ve seen Ekeler is more talented than Gordon, but we’re talking about targets that normally go to the TE.  I hope Allen gets some, but he’s 6 2 while his teammates are 6 3 & 6 4.

I’m not sure how it will break down... Julio has never been great in the end zone.  Maybe Ekeler will be the guy...

Back to Kumerow

Worth a dart throw in deep dynasty leagues. Maybe more if he makes some plays during preseason games.

15 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Back to Kumerow

Worth a dart throw in deep dynasty leagues. Maybe more if he makes some plays during preseason games.

Agreed.  Rodgers endorsement is worth something.  He’s worth a stash if you have room, but Allison is my stash.

It sounds like GB will be using a lot of 2 TE sets, so we’ll have to see.  I’m not big on usage takeaways from preseason games, but hopefully we’ll see some chemistry (they’ve been talking about) with Kumerow.  If (when) Graham goes down with an injury, maybe it will be Kumerow is the guy to own.

6 hours ago, jmausen said:

Adams can get 1,300 yards and 10 TDs in his sleep. 

You mean in your sleep, right? Like dreams. Like you’re dreaming. Of Adams. Having a floor of 1300/10. 

Some good reports:

https://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/green-bay-packers-beat-tennessee-titans-31-17-in-preseason-opener-davante-adams-080918

Green Bay wide receiver Jake Kumerow is tackled by Titans cornerback LeShaun Sims after catching a pass.

6-4.vadapt.767.high.78.jpg

Green Bay Packers WR Jake Kumerow brings in a 52-yard pass from QB Tim Boyle for late-game touchdown against the Titans.

https://www.packers.com/video/packers-qb-boyle-hits-wr-kumerow-for-52-yard-td

He makes it look easy. Too bad it's on the second team though.

27 minutes ago, milriver said:

Well he's going to get a late round dart throw from me

You jinxed it :lol:

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, NYR Fan 116894 said:

At least he did a lambeau leap afterward... hopefully not too bad. He got his 100 Yards for the day anyway

31 minutes ago, NYR Fan 116894 said:
WR Jake Kumerow got a shoulder stinger somersaulting into end zone,

If that hurt him, then, sorry, but then he's an idiot because that was entirely unnecessary. Great run though. Obviously 16.

7 hours ago, NYR Fan 116894 said:

All because he summer-salted into the endzone instead of just running into it! What a dumbass! 

Why do these guys do that?! You don't get extra points for style! 

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:20 PM, cohenstantinople said:

You mean in your sleep, right? Like dreams. Like you’re dreaming. Of Adams. Having a floor of 1300/10. 

Adams was 74/885/10 last year with Hundley.  Yes, I believe he can beat that with Rogers.

Jordy usually had 100/1500/14ish.

1300/10 with Rodgers is conservative.

Aaron Rogers is pretty good.  Adams and Graham should be his top guys.  Cobb will contribute.  Don't care for any other GB receivers.

And Jones is their best RB.  

19 minutes ago, jmausen said:

Adams was 74/885/10 last year with Hundley.  Yes, I believe he can beat that with Rogers.

Jordy usually had 100/1500/14ish.

1300/10 with Rodgers is conservative.

Aaron Rogers is pretty good.  Adams and Graham should be his top guys.  Cobb will contribute.  Don't care for any other GB receivers.

And Jones is their best RB.  

While I realize that your state might've legalized marijuana, I'd suggest you share the herb rather than your statistics:

Consider your post: "Jordy usually had 100/1500/14ish" is false. Jordy had 98/1519/15 once. He has posted 3 additional seasons breaking 1000 yards (1314 the highest of these), and 2 of these with double-digit TDs, but he's been in the NFL for 11 years, has played 10 years: Jordy has exceeded 1000 yards 40% of his career.

Consider my post: "Adams [...] Having a floor of 1300/10." --- this is the projection that I am addressing. If the original post had said "ceiling" instead of floor, I would not have reacted; if the post had said "Adams could possibly attain" instead of "Adams could get 1300 yards and 10 TDs in his sleep," I would not have reacted. If the post had replaced "Adams" with "Antonio Brown," I might not have reacted.

He made the team and will likely be a round 16 flyer for me. I think Rodgers really likes him and had a hand in this.

On 8/16/2018 at 10:29 PM, milriver said:

Well he's going to get a late round dart throw from me

Great if it’s a dynasty, wasted if it’s a redraft.

On 11/21/2018 at 2:15 PM, purpdrankplaya said:

Activated off of IR. Anything to see here? Or only in dynasty?

Definitely something in dynasty if you have the space to stash on the bench. I signed him just now to protect my interest in the GB receiving core (I also have MSV and ESB). 

Not sure about re-draft...GB could kick the tires I suppose.

On 11/21/2018 at 12:15 PM, purpdrankplaya said:

Activated off of IR. Anything to see here? Or only in dynasty?

well Rodgers did mention him by name in the preseason in a positive light, and there are plenty of targets to be had behind Adams in that receiving corps so in a deep league i suppose he is worth stashing  to see if anything happens, but i wouldn't drop anything of real value for him