Sign in to follow this  
Patrick Bateman

2018-19 NBA Regular Season Thread -- League news, notes, transactions, trades, etc.

Thibs will keep starting Taj. Bjelica couldn’t start over Taj, and Saric isn’t much better than Bjelica. You need some tough players next to KAT

5 minutes ago, phatjonny2001 said:

Chandler is still on a minutes restriction so I can't see him cracking the starting lineup eifht now. I'm still wondering what their plans are on PF? Do they really like what Muscala and Bolden bring, guess so. Who's the long term plan here?

Pretty much everyone on Twitter is saying Wilson Chandler. No tellin when the old guy gets his restriction lifted tho.

2 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Pretty much everyone on Twitter is saying Wilson Chandler. No tellin when the old guy gets his restriction lifted tho.

I mean, coach really trusted Saric and played him a lot of minutes. To give him up, they must have trust in someone to step up at PF or they're going with a "wait & see" approach/committee. 

3 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Who do you follow on twitter for fantasy basketball?

From a IRL angle, how much does this move the needle for either team? Would philly have been able to land Kawhi for that package? How much will philly offer butler or is it a one year rental?

19 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:
  20 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

anyone think Brogdon benefits from this trade?

Only if Butler's on his fantasy team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cbridge617 said:

Who do you follow on twitter for fantasy basketball?

Josh Lloyd.

But nah, I type " Wilson Chandler" in the search so I can get a better understanding about the consensus. 

1 minute ago, chaiway said:

From a IRL angle, how much does this move the needle for either team? Would philly have been able to land Kawhi for that package? How much will philly offer butler or is it a one year rental?

It puts Philly up in contention to win the East for sure.  They're hurting for 3s now though.

Just now, Trench Mob said:

Josh Lloyd.

But nah, I type " Wilson Chandler" in the search so I can get a better understanding about the consensus. 

Yea I follow him too and that other guy he touted from his site.  Are there any other good ones?

24 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

doesnt seem to be any viable waiver wire pick ups based on this trade....

muscala was taking dario's job before he got injured, he's an add in plenty of leagues

1 minute ago, Kriggly said:

It puts Philly up in contention to win the East for sure.  They're hurting for 3s now though.

This is the issue. In a 3 point league they don’t have it. I also think they matchup very poorly with the Bucks.

1 minute ago, Cbridge617 said:

Yea I follow him too and that other guy he touted from his site.  Are there any other good ones?

Nope. I would say Kyle Mckeown too, but he hasn't uploaded in like 2 years lol.

I was worried about taj but I think him, saric and KaT play all the PF and C minutes between the three of them. Im glad I have muscala and bolden in my dynasty league. Excited to see if they step up. This might explain why bolden got recalled and got minutes last game

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

This is the issue. In a 3 point league they don’t have it. I also think they matchup very poorly with the Bucks.

butler is a very capable 3 point shooter, and he hasn't had a decent post scorer in years, let alone arguably the best in the league. he will get his shot right this year because he will have no choice, embiid will be blocking his way to the hoop a lot more than towns did

3 minutes ago, panthers93 said:

muscala was taking dario's job before he got injured, he's an add in plenty of leagues

Yea what's the deal with Muscala? I know he has a broken face right now but is he a poor man's Saric? I'm intrigued.

Just now, My Dinner With Andre said:

Yea what's the deal with Muscala? I know he has a broken face right now but is he a poor man's Saric? I'm intrigued.

i mean saric is a very good source of assists for fantasy at pf but yeah other than that they're very similar, saric might be a worse defender

Just now, misterj said:

As an Embiid owner and a Raptors fan I am not too pleased with this trade :\

Lol.

Raptors weren't' going anywhere regardless, so you shouldn't fret. 

Although Butler is a star, it is not a good fit for Phila. Embiid and Simmons need spot-shooters around them. Butler is a ball-stopper who likes iso a lot. Reddick is the only shooter and if he gets injured, Phila will shoot bricks.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

how come he doesn’t have pf eligibility 

strange 

From a non-fantasy perspective, am I the only person worried that this messes with the Sixers team chemistry in trading away 2 of their core 'glue' guys that did the small stuff for someone like Butler who, to put it bluntly, has been a diva all season long...

10 minutes ago, misterj said:

As an Embiid owner and a Raptors fan I am not too pleased with this trade :\

Still feels like Embiid is the #1, #2 and #3 option on offense... I think butler takes more of a hit and Simmons will have the ball less. I wonder if Butler starts out deferring like he did last year when he first joined the twolves and barely shot the ball before asserting himself

1 minute ago, COBBLEPOT said:

if muscala starts, he’s a decent speculative add

when is he back? 

one week from now

• Like 1